Sup Forums - Essential Rock

A diverse, essentials rock chart for rock beginners

What's some shitty angsty indie rock that will make a girls pussy wet?

Rock beginner here, thanks for this diverse, essentials rock chart!

rock is a shit genre

I've said it once and i'll say it again.

Sup Forumscore and "Essentials charts" need to be abolished.

>essential rock album list
>no Appetite for Destruction

k

>zeppelin IV
>raw power

it's not needed

Some genre-specific ones can be helpful if you are new to that genre and want a starting point.

The chart in op's clearly not the case tho

it's better than those though

Exchange Master of Puppets for Through Silver in Blood, Unknown Pleasures for Power Corruption and Lies, Blues Breakers for Safe as Milk, Led Zeppelin IV for literally anything else, Born to Run for Darkness on the Edge of Town, Ziggy Stardust for Transformer, The Dark Side of the Moon for Seven Up, American Football for Icky Mettle, Nevermind for Geek the Girl, The Doors for The Index, Morning Glory for Different Class, Ramones for Christ: The Album, The Queen is Dead for Scatology and maybe you have something.

>appetite for destruction
>better than raw power or zep IV

awful taste desu

this is not about catering to your taste, it's about providing a list of obvious essentials for rock. suggesting to drop nevermind, zeppelin IV and dark side of the moon from a rock essentials chart is ludicrous.

I will never understand what the fuck people see in Oasis

Except they're garbage and won't get anyone interested in rock or show them what it has to offer, it will turn them off if anything

>it's about providing a list of obvious essentials for rock

By not including pet sounds but putting songs for the deaf?

Why am i even giving "feedback" to this chart?

The same thing they see in The Beatles, cute boys making cute music

>and won't get anyone interested in rock
>three of most popular rock albums of all time won't get anyone interested in rock

do you even read what you write? you do realise that most people don't have your contrarian taste?

>pet sounds
>rock
>revolver is already there

>no Doolittle

More essential than any other alt. rock album imo, including Nevermind

Sorry, dad, I didn't realize you posted here

I just don't see how people in this day and age can be stimulated by such basic stuff that was only successful because at the time, the Internet and ease of access to under-marketed forms of music weren't available

I mean yeah, those are essential rock albums. A few of many. I guess I see what you're going for though. My suggestions would be replace Ramones with London Calling, Led Zeppelin IV with Led Zeppelin II, and Morning Glory with... Definitely Maybe? Is Oasis essential? How about Siamese Dream or The Blue Album? Actually the more I think about it the more I think you're in over your head.

i feel like AFD would be a better choice than either of those if you're trying to get somebody into rock music. LZ IV only has two memorable songs.

here's where you went wrong:
>I just don't see

>Ramones with London Calling,
Ramones are more proper punk. London Calling is closer to post punk which is on there
>Led Zeppelin IV with Led Zeppelin II
I'll consider this
>Is Oasis essential?
Only britpop on there, so yes
>How about Siamese Dream or The Blue Album?
Nevermind + Loveless + Ok Computer already basically covers this

here's where you went wrong:
> LZ IV only has two memorable songs.

I don't think Sup Forumscore should be abolished. Sup Forumscore are all the album that are essential to know to understand a lot of thread on the board. It should be explained that way not like "if you don't like that you're a retard"

Too late, it's ingrained culture now.

It's helpful for people who want to expand their tastes.

For instance, I wouldn't be listening to that Godspeed you, Black Emperor! album if it weren't for this thread.

current thoughts: nice and slow.

Not even their best

>Only britpop on there, so yes
I still say go with Definitely Maybe. Or Parklife.

The Beatles have their moments though. I have tried so hard to Oasis as anything other than pure garbage and just can't

I can get behind Houses of the Holy, but I'm on team Raw Power, not Appetite.

>Nevermind over Ten and Dirt

nah m8

"nice and slow" just doesn't fit this album at all

this might be better

>teen suicide not on that list
cuck

What an unbelievably bad chart. Why even try to make one for an umbrella genre you top fucking retard

no mars volta? fuck your list

>my favourite album isn't on the chart
>fuck you OP!

>OP lists his favourite albums
>claims it as the 'Sup Forums essential rock' chart

Don't claim something as a definitive board list if you don't want people telling you it's shit and why their favourite albums should be on there instead

Thanks for this, 320gb on my hdd but not started on rock yet.

It's not an umbrella, it's a genre with subgenres.

We have a classical and jazz chart which are huge genres compared to rock.

>OP lists his favourite albums
i don't even like literally half of the albums on these charts

>Don't claim something as a definitive board
I'm not saying it is yet, hence why i'm trying to let people add their input. People are just being stupid because their favourite album isn't on there. my favourite album isn't on there.

the classics section here is probably the best, though it is missing things that are included in Sup Forumscore

that's why too broad and not even all of it is rock

Is Britpop essential?

it's one of the most popular rock genres, so yes.

bob dylan?, can, joy division, gspy!be, smiths??? jesus christ who made this crap? the fat kid that everyone mocked in the gym class?

>liking teen suicide
cuck

Pretty good list. I'd add doolittle somewhere.

Appetite for Destruction is trash compared to LoopZoop4

Didn't my chart bet your chart in the strawpoll?

Whatever its not like it even matters, no one meeds help getting into rock music on Sup Forums.

>everyone listens to degenerate guitar music

*needs

Shit my bad

why soundtracks for the blind, it stands out too much
You should have chosen Great Annihilator or one of their late 80s albums which at least sound a bit like rock

Also Spirit of Eden instead of Laughing Stock

I at least put SFTB because:

1. Most popular Swans album on Sup Forums
2. Great gateway into experimental avan-garde rock

There very similar so I could see it going either way but LS is discussed here more.

Also OP basically copied my chart

Why would you have Oasis on there and not say The Pixies?

Cause OP is dumb.

His original chart had the Black Album AC/DC and three grunge albums

At least go with Different Class or Parklife instead.

Haven't seen this one before. I like it.

>Oasis
>no Noise Rock

This

Wtf no Pixies or Zeppelin or Hendrix but you have Ian Curtis and Cobain so you can tell this chart was made by teenage girls.

zeppelin fucking sucks tho

>what is Sonic Youth

>no Zeppelin

shit taste confirmed

This is actually a true observation

Pretty sure we can all agree on this

I got into music with Sup Forumscore and now I'm the pretentious fagot I've always dreamt of becoming.

>Blues Breakers for Safe as Milk

holy shit, end your life

Are teenage girls still into Curtis and Cobain? Don't they have contemporary versions to wet their panties over?

One of the most awful rock genres more like. Even Blur or Suede would be better than Oasis but they suck too.

lead singer of the 1975

hi 90's guy

I would exchange Revolver with Sgt. Pepper which I think epitomizes the link between rock and roll and progressive rock. I'd also put in Pet Sounds, Funeral, and Kid A because they're some of the most frequently referenced albums on the board.

>they're garbage
Hundreds of millions would disagree, lol

Arctic Monkeys

Go listen to classical and free jazz and fuck off