Sup Forums, I live in a 3 unit apartment that was built in the early 1800s and I just found out I have bed bugs...

Sup Forums, I live in a 3 unit apartment that was built in the early 1800s and I just found out I have bed bugs, those fuckers are all hiding in my box spring and they all come out at night and feast on my feet. The thing is, I'm moving at the end of the month, so I don't to do much since I'm only going to be here for 2 more weeks.

I told the landlord and he is completely clueless and told me to buy some spray from the local hardware store. How do I make sure these assholes don't come with me when I move, will a mattress cover really be enough?

You gotta buy new furniture, or spray the hell out of it.

Ideally, if you know someone with a walk in freezer, borrow that for a week as a storage unit

strip down naked and leave your things. molotov through the window, then tear out of there in your car and flip it into a ditch. you have to molotov your car now since the interior could be hiding them. get picked up by the police and your nightmare is finally over.

Spray isn't enough. Those things are now on everything you own and no matter where you go, you'll be taking them with you. You have to decontaminate everything you own as well as get rid of the mattress and box spring too. Google it up. You can't just spray this shit away and expect it to fix itself.

Get some heaters, get the room to 120 degrees for a few hours, that will kill them

fuck me, what about electronics and shit? I hate living in apartments, and guess what, as soon as I posted this I went over to my fridge from the 70's and realized the motor is going dead, and earlier this week the roof leaked and the sheetrock got soaking wet and fell from the ceiling, this week is fucked up.

I'm moving back in with my parents, fuck this shit.

The only way to kill bed bugs for good is to call professionals and they will bring giant furnaces to make the house to hot for them to stand.

Yep or just call professionals

get yourself some DDT and douse yourself in it, go to sleep, never mind the cancer risk but as they feed on you it kills them.

lol i have some DDT that was in my grandmothers basement when she passed away 16 years ago.

also get rid of all your shit that you can't take apart and clean out. put your furniture on the curb and laugh as nigs take it cause free.

never had them but i heard you can put your stuff out in the sun and put a tarp over it, the heat will kill them. just like dont let your computer get to a million degrees

I just moved out of a 2 bedroom apartment build in the 60's that was utterly disgusting. When I moved in, there was mold all over the place, cockroach infestations, cracks in the walls that were lightly plastered over with no fresh paint, spots in the nasty old carpet, etc.

I sent an email a month after moving in to the manager asking, begging, to have the lease terminated so we could find a place that was live-able. They declined. I looked online at reviews of the apartment complex and they were all terrible, and they all said the same shit I was living with; Bugs, mold, cracks, dirt, crime, etc.

I lived there for one year, got out of there as fast as I could. The whole time I lived there, after that email, I kept my mouth shut. I didn't complain about the bugs, I didn't complain about the sketchy neighbors, I didn't complain about the mold, I just bit my tongue and waited until the day my lease was up. I did take pictures of it all though, just in case.

I moved to my new apartment, a very nice quality apartment in a much better part of town. Some of the roaches ended up hitch hiking to my new place, so I am now dealing with that as well.

Now today, I get a letter in the mail billing me $572. For things like: New carpet, cracks in wall repair, repainting, exterminator, etc.

Do I have a legal case against this? Honestly, I think I left that apartment in better shape than I came into it in. I cleaned a lot of mold, bombed the place multiple times, did better spackle jobs on some of the cracks and holes in walls, etc.

Just wondering, did you look at the apartment before you moved in or was it given to you or something like that?

Everything needs to be heated past 110 degrees for 24 hrs, or chilled past freezing for 48 hrs. Wipe down every surface with alcohol, probably throw the mattress away or put it in a rubber case, THEN call the professionals. Theyll heat the apartment, or use a crazy mix of chemicals that fucks up their walking and neutralizes their ability to metabolize anything. Moving in two weeks will be a nightmare.

I looked at the model, which is another thing of pure frustration as it was completely renovated with beautiful appliances, brand new carpet, completely immaculate. My thought was "WOW! This place is so cheap, good size place, this seems to good to be true!"

My dumbass didn't look at the actual apartment until I had already signed the lease...

False advertisement, in my opinion.

I had them for like 2-3 months once. The only thing you can really save is your clothes.

Run them through the dryer about 2-3 times and you will see a bunch of dead bedbugs in the dryer.

Sell your electronics and buy new ones, the new buyers won't know there's bedbugs inside until it's too late.

I'm sorry OP bed bugs are the most evil thing on the planet.

Isn't it possible they just stayed in the bedroom? It's only a one bedroom apartment and I am at work pretty much all day, I don't see why they would be anywhere else since they need blood to live.

>napalm

this, bedbugs are very, I mean VERY fucking resistant to most poisons, but they can't handle freezing.

Those shits are so hard to get rid of

You can almost guarantee a transference and contamination of your new apartment if bring ANY of your same clothes, shoes, blankets, sheets, ect. Even if you get all new stuff/clothes wash and shower really well before moving if a single egg/brooding mother bug is stuck to your body and hatches in your new place it can spawn a whole new infestation and the nightmare starts all over again

The only sure way to deal with this is with lots and tons of good crystal meth, snort that shit don't smoke it (or go full on biker gangster and BANG that shit straight to the vein)
then you should spend all night picking at your skin in a mirror and tearing your apartment apart , trust me bro, you'll find those little fuckers.

Had them before as well, hard as hell to get rid of without an exterminator. Use the foggers, like the ones you can't be around for. Then get a steam gun and use it on your mattress and all your furniture, you don't have to endlessly wash clothes but throw all of them in your dryer several times, vacuum your carpets every day for a few days, and get mattress covers. That's about the best you can do.

They can live without feeding for a long time

had bed bugs for a bit. reccmend getting all your clothes washing them on ultra hot along with all fabric then spraying all your shit down in your room with 91% rubbing alcohol kills them on contact.have fun

>get so fucked up on meth that you'll spend a whole fucking night searching and killing every every last motherfucking bed bug in your house
>fucking flawless plan

top kek 10/10

Spray doesn't work. I briefly lived in an old apt like that. Do not bring any of that bedding to your new place.

I've stayed in hundreds of hostels all over the world and this is always a problem, they get in your clothes, bags etc and you need to freeze or fumigate them professionally, they are little cunts.

It depends how long you have had them, if it's only been a few weeks, then it's very unlikely that everything you own is "contaminated", it's also possible that they are coming from a unit below you or beside you. Bed bugs are not fruit flies, they don't fly or jump, and they don't travel just for the hell of it. They also hate light, you could try sleeping with no covers and leaving the lights on all night.

this,

freezing your stuff for a day or two also works pretty well, but it has to be below -10 degree celcius, preferably as cold as you can get, kinda handy trick if you happen to live in northern areas, but right now its summer so...

The powder you get from the store is generally enough to kill these fuckers I had the same issue.

Vaccuum the entire house then powder the everloving piss out of every crack and surface. Leave it for a few hours (like if you go out or to work etc), then come home and vaccuum up all the powder.

Repeat as necessary in case you missed some eggs, should cost little.
I got a huge powder tub for £5 and it worked for 2 applications of my house.

When you move in, you fill out information about unpleasantries within your apartment.

That way when you move out, they can't bone you on anything you wrote down. This is done after lease signing and must be returned within two to three days of receiving it.

If you did NOT do the above, you're fucked. If you did, like a normal person, you can not only get out of being billed but in return file a small suit against them for unhealthy living conditions, for them to leave your renters credit history clean, and for them to reimburse you all fees paid.

Boric Acid doesn't work well against them, because once some die, the others avoid that path of travel.

Boric acid? Bro, you still have them. They're just dormant for a fat minute.
They can live anywhere from 4-8 months without food.

They're waiting you out.

My exterminator sprayed just once and I never saw a bedbug ever again

Where the hell do you live, Soviet Union?

Interesting point, I did this 3 months ago and thought they were gone. Didnt get a single bite

I'll have to wait and see!

Canada, believe it or not.

This is the best solution.

Nice way to turn your apartment into a fucking molotov

honestly, burn the fucking thing. An apt down the hall had those and they fucking infested half the building, moved outta there in a hurry and just replaced everything i own. Its a cunt to get rid of those things once they are in your shit, cause they get into your clothing, any boxes you have, they had a small nest on our curtains too so we found out.

Heat treat your apartment, but if the bugs have spread to your neighbors... they will be back.

Just be on the lookout bro.
There was an exterminaterfag here a while ago and outlined a plan for general bug genocide. I'll see if I got a screen.

The only proven methods of 100% success, note the percentage, is professional heating of the house and freezing possessions, like mattress/clothes and what not.

Chemicals are a coin flip, because they gain immunity far quicker than roaches and other pests. Not to mention they're naturally resistant.

Its funny, but those 100's of hostels didn't have a bedbug problem til you visited

diatomaceous earth. Use as instructed and use a lot. Bed bugs will crawl around the stuff so use it on your bed too and beat it into it. Also helps.to broom sweep your carpet to make sure it gets in deep.
Don't sleep in your bed for the night.
Should be solved within their life cycle. However long that is.

It also is a god send for removing fleas from your home.
he is completely clueless and told me to buy some spray from the local hardware store
Should vaccume and clean 36 or so hours after. Reapply if needed.
You can sue him if you're in America

if you have pets give them Lufenuron once a month and the cover everything in a thick layer of diatomaceous earth make sure its 100% food grade. I will kill all creatures with an exoskeleton but it will be like you are out in the middle of a dust bowl and fresh from the beach cause you will be dry as hell as well.

I think you misinterpreted what i said.

This.

Well, the last part.
OP, if in America you can sue him.

Boric acid only works on ants and cockaroaches Sup Forumsro. What you need is diatomaceous powder.

Diatomaceous earth will kill them mechanically.

Here’s how diatomaceous earth works: each particle of DE contains microscopic sharp edges. When bed bugs are exposed to these sharp edges, their exoskeletons are eviscerated. Once the exoskeletons are removed, the drying action of diatomaceous earth goes to work. The bed bugs dry out and die.

One of the biggest advantages of using diatomaceous earth to kill bed bugs is that it works physically: this isn’t a toxic chemical solution. The bed bugs can’t adapt to it or become immune: diatomaceous earth works over and over again and does not lose power over time.

Horticulture fag here, can agree with this post. Best all-natural solution

diatomaceous earth

covered my entire house with this, 100% food grade. left it there after a while it just kind of disappears into the furniture and carpet. Kills everything with exoskeleton and doesn't stop for years.

Fucking brilliant, thank you kind user

How about a brown recluse problem?

Wouldn't it be point less to do anykind of treatment without doing the whole building?

Yes, I have seen the units below me and they are.. less than sanitary. They also seem like the kind of people to have an issue and not tell anyone about it. Honestly, I'm going to be moving in 2 weeks, I will buy a new mattress, box spring, frame, all new sheets, and hope for the best.

I don't keep anything in my room except my bed and my alarm clock, and from what I've seen they do not exist anywhere else in my unit.

I am an Exterminator. They are actually pretty easy to control if you do it the right way with the right products. For you the easiest thing would be to only take your clothes when you move and run them through the dryer on high heat for at least 45 mins and then fold and bag them and seal with twist ties. Leave the furniture behind!

What about books/papers and electronics?

I would move anything you want to take with you out of your bedroom now. Bed bugs are attracted by the carbon dioxide you exhale to find you to feed. As long as you keep sleeping in the bed you will keep them there. Electronics aren't usually an issue but paper and books can be as well as wall hanging pictures. Get it all as far from the bed as you can.

until your bed gets full and then they go elsewhere to live returning once a week to feed.

fuckers can live inside walls. bad infestations the whole place has to be gutted to get rid of them.

Bed bugs can not eat for like 9 months and be fine. They also tolerate literally every pesticide that doesn't kill people as well. And they fit in screw holes.

You're going to bring them with you, and if you're kind of dumbass who doesn't read the lease (you probably are), you could get legally dinged with the extermination fees.

Get professionals to kill them the first time with heat.

Also depending on the city you live in, if you don't disclose you have bedbugs you could get in massive legal trouble.

Are bed bugs dangerous or is it more just extremely annoying? Can they transmit any kind of disease or anything?

They don't carry disease, but they're the source of an unholy amount of mental trauma.

If you can tell where they're coming from they've been feasting on you for months. Also you're only seeing the adults, the young ones are transparent and much smaller.

If I move into my new apartment and still have bed bugs, I will gladly pay the extermination fees. The point is I am not going to do that now because 1. The landlord doesn't give a shit and 2. Chances are the whole fucking building is infested and it will just be a waste of time and money.

their bites can leave scars too if you have an allergic reaction.

No diseases that they know of yet. And heat is not the only way to kill bedbugs, in fact most companys that do use heat use pesticides as well as a back up. Many older buildings without good insulation won't ever get hot enough. They need to hold at least 130 degrees for a few hours.

Might be true, but I doubt that very much. I am very sensitive to the bites and believe I would have noticed if they were biting me for months, my feet hurt so much I can hardly walk because they bite right in between my toes. This just starting happening recently.

We won't treat an apartment building without treating all units. Bedbugs readily move from unit to unit. And just because they can live a year without eating they won't if your there, that's only when left in a mattress cover or vacant house waiting for a meal.

next time always email your landlord/apartment manager about all problems, especially mold. that way if you have a negligent landlord you have documentation of problems. don't be afraid to take them to small claims court either. depending on your state, laws might be extremely renter friendly

check your state's laws, you may be legally able to withhold rent if your apartment is not livable, this can include infestation. if you contact the city and have an inspection, the landlord might be legally liable to put you up in a hotel until the apartment is considered livable again. the landlord will be on that real quick in that case

If you want to get something to spray there are only two good concentrate insecticides that work well on bedbugs. Temprid SC and Transport Mikron.

Idk what these faggots have said (I'm not gonna read it) but I actually had bed bugs, now I don't.
1. Find a new place.
2. Leave you matters and furniture.
3. Take clothes and electronics.
4. Wash and dry your clothes 2x
5. Then burn'em, you're not taking shit.
6.Jk about #5
7. Buy new shit
Only way man, when they're babies they're VERY small and transparent. That's why you can't bring your furniture.

>I didn't actually inspect the unit I would be living a for awhole year and just assumed the landlords are good people who aren't looking to dick me
Not false advertising, you're just a big dummy user.

Find a Rent-To-Own store near you. Find out if they have a "hot room" some do, others just throw the furniture away if it's infested. If they do try to see if you can pay to use it for some of your furniture.
Toss all bedding including mattress and box.
Bedbugs aren't like cockroaches they aren't attracted to electronics but still if it's bad enough you may want to get rid of them too.
take all your laundry to a laundromat, all at once, borrow a truck if you have to. wash and dry all at once if you can. use the whole place a 24 hr laundromat would be best go late at night dry them several times also make sure the place doesn't have those new energy saving dryers those may not get hot enough try to do this last and take your clothing straight to your new place.
it's a lot of work but if you halfass it you're going to have the same issue.
if you do use professionals you'll be paying a ton. normally it will come with a so many days guaranty. check the baseboards

leave EVERYTHING behind, once you leave, strip off your clothes and rub your naked body down with bleach or kerosene, then put on new clothes, you have to start over from scratch if you want to get away from those little devils

I work for Rentokil.

We generally will use insecticide as the cheapest option. However, you must ensure every crevice and crack is treated. I will also unscrew plug sockets and fill them with diatomaceous earth.

The only guaranteed way is we put every object they might be hiding on into a big heater and heat it for 3 hours to kill them all and the eggs.

It's pretty much the hardest, most expensive and time consuming pest we deal with.

Neither of those are fool proof. If there is one single fucker left it will start over. Bed bugs are very resilient. They will hide almost anywhere. Just toss everything qnd buy new clothes.

Run everything you own that can fit through a PackTite, leave everything else behind. It's seriously the only way.

This. I believe i read that they can go for momths without food. They really like baseboards and shit like that. Dont risk it.

Burn all of your stuff. That's pretty much it. You are fucked mate.

Had those fuckers in my house a couple years ago. We had some people come in with a big heater for like a day and heat up the house to like 150 degrees, then they sprayed everywhere for the next like 6 months. Google bed bug heat treatment or ask someone about it

tasty

Freedom, freedom never changes

Bring nothing with you that can't go into a dryer. for at least three hours. Sorry man. Your mattress is trash if the adults are big enough to be visible. Get rid of the pillows too.

They can live without feeding and nest/reproduce in carpets and furniture. They don't start seeking out your heat until you've been in bed for an hour or two.

steam all your clothes and vacuum pack them, inspect every piece of them and throw away/leave behind anything you don't need. bedbugs are almost impossible to get rid of once you have them, and the sprays that shops sell don't do shit except scare them off for a few hours. bedbugs are immune to practically every insecticide except those that are deadly to humans (hence why you need to get professionals in).

I recently moved from a bug infested place to a really nice place and the only reason they've not followed me is because I left almost all my clothing behind and only took a few basics after steaming and washing everything (in that order, straight from the steamer to the washing machine)

fuck them all up their buttholes to assert your dominance over them and then they will all run away scared never to be seen again

So what about electronics? I can't leave my TVs, gaming consoles, and computers behind. They are too expensive and I'm too poor to buy new ones. And what about stuff like the kitchen table or computer desk, do I have to leave that behind too?

Coming from a guy who had his house fucked over by these little pricks do not take anything with you trust me throw everything away, wash and tumble dry every piece of clothing you want to take with you and then put them in vacuum bags

I'm dealing with these bastards too. I thought without anyone around they'd die so I stayed with my parents for two weeks. I came back and with a little looking i find a large juicy bug within minutes. Am I fucked?