Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,
I think I may be suffering from depersonalization caused by recreational drugs. Any advice? I'm hoping if I stay clean it goes away, can it last forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

anxietybustersblog.com/?p=344
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It will come back eventually. What did you use? MDMA etc?
I always feel like a shell of a person for awhile after doing those kinds of drugs but eventually ur brain will recover user. Just get lots of sleep and perhaps get some 5htp i think its called.
It builds ur serotonin back up.

Maybe ask 420chan

first step is to not go to Sup Forums if you want to feel like a real person

marijuana
thanks dude i've been looking for an answer like this!

depersonalization from marijuana?
>marijuana?

go to a doctor, just straight go talk to a doctor.

stop doing what you're doing and get help because you don't want it to get worse. nothing bad will happen by telling them you did drugs, trust me i've been there.

I can offer experience from my years of use.

A couple of years ago, all my friend and I did together was drugs. Weed, LSD, MDMA, Amphetamines (Both pure and bunk shit), different kinds of 2C's, lots and lots of alcohol, DMT you name it. We did a shit load of drugs.

Of course this took the better of many of us. A friend of mine had a horrible trip on acid and only became mentally stable again after over a year.

Another friend got way too high when doing bong rips on MDMA and went into panic mode for 5+ hours. He suffered from DP for a long ass time and came back after months of isolation and self-starvation.

At a week-long LAN party/drug binge I slept almost nothing during the whole time and did a huge amount of different drugs. After that week, it felt as if I was watching myself in 3rd person doing stuff. I was casually going by the day but I wasn't present in my mind. It felt as if someone else were in control of my body. This went on for slightly over a year. While it never crippled my day to day actions, it was frustrating and did not help my already depressed and anxiety-filled state of mind.

After another LSD-trip while coming down, me and some friends went outside to smoke some weed. When we came back in we sat down and listened to music and it was as if my brain zapped, like someone changed the channel on a TV. It was freaky as shit and I panicked for a few seconds until I realized i was feeling more present then I had been doing for a long time and after that experience I was feeling somewhat alright again.

I recovered using sleep, exercise and spending time outside doing other stuff than drugs for once.

TL;DR drugs are amazing but take goddamn care about yourself

>marijuana
lol this can't be serious

anxietybustersblog.com/?p=344

>anxietybustersblog.com/?p=344
obviously stop smoking weed then

yes it can, it's only newfags like you working for jewry claiming that the pot is harmless

yea i'm staying off of it

Anybody have any experience with rivotril (2mg)? How hard it hits compared to xanax (1mg).

Anybody who's done fair amount knows that it's drug like any other, with (unwanted) side effects.

Hey OP, could you be more specific in regard to depersonalization? I don't have any problems with DP when I'm not high, but I'm starting to have mild symptoms of psychosis during the high. It's not so much depersonalizing as it is destablizing, and I usually feel normal after a few days (depending on how bad it was).

>After that week, it felt as if I was watching
>myself in 3rd person doing stuff. I was casually
> going by the day but I wasn't present in my
>mind. It felt as if someone else were in control
> of my body. This went on for slightly over a
> year. While it never crippled my day to day
> actions, it was frustrating and did not help my
> already depressed and anxiety-filled state of
> mind.
that's what i feel

like what effects i feel or what?

>Any advice? I'm hoping if I stay clean it goes away, can it last forever?
Stay clean and you'll more then likely normalize. Seems impossible at the time but it'll happen.

Ok, thanks.

Anybody? Please.

I'm in the same boat, OP. I'm starting to come back to my old self. Slowly but surely.

I did recreational smoking for 2 1/2 years straight. I let it ruin my confidence, my personality and my view of the world.

I'm recovering from a bad experience with mind altering squares of paper. It wasn't what my friend said it was and it sent me into a way deep downward spiral. I couldn't distinguish reality for a couple months afterwards. Everything felt like a horrible dream. I convinced myself that I was living in a simulation of the world and I was essentially in hell.

It's not worth it and I wish I never got involved with it. It changed me for better and for worse. However, I'm recovering and I hope to be my old self again.

Stay strong

Well, I guess others have summarized it pretty well in the thread. I've never been a heavy smoker so the defamiliarizing/depersonalizing effects haven't messed with waking life.

While this thread is live, are there any anons here who've had experience with psychosis/acute paranoia triggered by weed? I'm talking something that is caused by and lasts for the duration of the high, would make the high itself very unenjoyable, something that doesn't necessarily follow you into sobriety in any other form than mental exhaustion.

>psychosis/acute paranoia triggered by weed?
I've seen this pretty often, usually very casual smokers coming in contact with strong weed and being overly enthusiastic smoking it

Usually lasts 10-20 minutes I would say