Vashti Bunyan or Joni Mitchell, who do you prefer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bbaz_T6BN3g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bunyan

Vashti !

Vashti

Karen Dalton

Linda Perhacs

Grimes

Well she only wrote one good song so Joni Mitchell of course

shit taste

vashti by far

Joni Mitchell no contest

you're fucking killing me user with your shit taste

wow faggot, your pleb opinions and taste are doing you no good

i mean i like some joni mitchell songs but i honestly dont get why shes considered to be so great
am i missing something?

Absolutely retarded. Which do you prefer: Early Leonard Cohen or early Neil Young?

Shirley Collins

Sibylle Baier

vashti by miles, joni is a bore

Joni.

Vashti made one boring album and then came back years later and did shit with Animal Collective

as opposed to joni who made a bunch of boring albums

Rich coming from a fan of a one trick pony senpai

Both are good, but Vashti really tugs at my heart strings

joni has one good song t.b.h

Anathema or Goldie, which do you prefer?

J O N I

Buffy Sainte-Marie

This

Joni by far, and if you seriously prefer Vashti overall I have difficulty taking you seriously. That being said, I love them both and Vashti's last album was my favorite of 2014.

This thread is fucking depressing.

Vashti is good, but Joni is honestly just on an entirely different. Vashti basically just stuck to the folk song tradition and conventions, which is fine, but explains her relative obscurity. Meanwhile the breadth of Joni's work (both sonically and in terms of her songwriting) extend so far beyond that that this isnt even a fair match up. She pretty much singlehandedly legitimized female singer-songwriters, like seriously guys what the fuck.

*different level

>She pretty much singlehandedly legitimized female singer-songwriters

Jesus christ Sup Forums really knows jack shit about female songwriters.

Joan Baez was even further entrenched in the folk conventions considering she primarily just performed traditionals or contemporary covers. She was a great singer, but you know, being a songwriter is generally one of the requirements for "legitimizing female singer-songwriters".

The other requirement is "legitimizing", which Baez did better than Mitchell.
Also
>Jesus christ Sup Forums really knows jack shit about female songwriters.
Go back to your Wymen's Studies class, you spineless twat.

>Go back to your Wymen's Studies class, you spineless twat.
kill yourself

you can't fucking legitimize a group that you don't even belong to.

And it's just a fact that Sup Forums doesnt know shit about female songwriters that can't be memed or waifu'd.

Vashti

why did you post a pic of Lou Reed?

Joni by a mile

I pick them all :-)

Emmylou Harris

youtube.com/watch?v=Bbaz_T6BN3g

this this this. sibylle is GOAT. check out "let us know" if you haven't heard it, it's the bonus track from colour green

lenny

p.s. best baez album is any day now and her performances with dylan in 64 (see bootleg series vol. 6 & 50th anniversary edition 1964 box set) were the best thing she ever did

jesus she was just ridiculously beautiful.