Are tripcodes a good thing for Sup Forums? Discuss

Are tripcodes a good thing for Sup Forums? Discuss.

if only trips and anons could live in peace...

No.

I hate tripfags who only make safe posts to build reputation - but naturally I also hate the trips who post dumb shit like the rest of us.

They could be if all the trips on this board weren't retarded, autistic or both.

Holy shit that picture almost gave me a stroke

Sup Forums culture doesn't allow tripfags or special snowflakes. There are no real rules or celebrities here.

how new

where do i fit in?

This thread inspired me.

This thread has inspired me

A noose, hopefully

lol go back to Plebbit

I think they are since you can tie posts to names and know how likely an opinion or recommendation is to be good or bad. You also get a feel for if it's worth it to talk with them or just ignore whatever they're saying.

tfw all the good trips are dead

The board was definitely better from 2011-2013 when trip culture was at its height. Even an obnoxious tripfag with terrible opinions is a good thing because it will at least incite discussion.

CLT is a good example. He was an obnoxious hack but /classical/ has gone way downhill without his presence.

>good trips
literally never existed

>Doesn't even know about B A S E D quentin

wew

Hello :)

Agree.

groundbreaking opinion right here

If there was a trip ranking you would be right at the bottom and CLT would be at the top

Hang yourself nigger

Thanks

Do banjoman franklin or jazzthreadguy still post?

Redditors detected

The tripcode function should be removed from imageboards, I've NEVER seen a thread where a tripfag wasn't making everything shittier. Fuck tripfags, useless wastes of time and space.

Is this you just admitting you do it for attention because no one gives a shit about you irl?

Honestly if you think thats a valid reason to use a tripcode just go to reddit, thats what that site was created for.

Also this isnt music related, reported.

t. GrimesCuck

who the fuck actually cares?

Tripfags are never a good thing for any board or any discussion.

It's human nature to bring external, irrelevant factors into any discussion, like identity. Posting anonymously derails that and allows us to have conversations where it's not possible to someone to meaningfully insult anyone else, for example.
Tripfags are the way they are because they don't feel comfortable enough in their ideas (or indeed selves) alone to post without the armour of reputation or ridicule.

Also because they're faggots.

sup gall moth, long time no see

how new
how new

Great arguments

Good

It isn't the same on Reddit because it isn't real-time and upvotes/downvotes influence what's said.

I'm not arguing, I don't argue with newcomers
anons are the ones who insist on pointing out the names when a trip says something they disagree with
nice armchair psychoanalysis tho
see above

Gall Moth was the only good tripfag in the history of Sup Forums.
That guy has an extensive knowledge of electronic music and sound synthesis techniques, and I guess he left because we didn't deserved him.

Hampus deserve an honorable mention for being a great troll though, as well as CLT for inventing the patrician/pleb meme.

WOW GUYS LOOK AT ME DON'T I MAKE QUALITY POSTS :-)))))))))))) PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION

Trips are pretty much always assholes

It's me, Chris!

A tripcode = accountability + filterability, of course. A tripcode encourages a higher quality of posting and allows others the option of removing you from their sight if you fail to meet that quality.

If you don't use a tripcode, you're essentially saying that complacent posting is okay.

I don't have a problem with tripfags themselves, unless of course they reject the board culture and get butthurt whenever referred to as tripfags.

I do however have a problem with the anons who pander to the tripfags and make off topic posts. I've seen some anons name dropping tripfags for no reason other than to get noticed, which doesn't at all make sense given that they are anonymous, leading me to belive it's the tripfag themselves without the trip trying to make their trip relevant.

If a tripfag responds to or acknowledges another tripfag, It's perfectly normal, but user users associating with tripfags doesn't make any sense to me.

kill yourself my man

>giving these lonely faggots attention
they only have names because Sup Forums is literally their only social interraction. they can't talk to people in the real world and they're desperate

But if you want pure unaltered discussion, without anything orher than people opinions standing on their own merit. than anonymity would be what you want, tripcodes are onlybused to get attention, and try to appear more important than other people.

list of good trips users

>The Tourist##frequency

>and get butthurt whenever referred to as tripfags
because it's never relevant to the discussion and anons use that when they have nothing else to say
>without anything orher than people opinions standing on their own merit
none uses "being a trip" as an argument
anons are the ones who use that against them to invalidate what trips say
if anything, being a trip degrades your argument thanks to anons like you
>and try to appear more important than other people.
you're just making up things

hey fuck you i have friends!!!!

Then why is it that 95% of this anonymous board's posts have zero meaningful content?

No it's me Chris
Help!

>needing a tripcode
mmmmmhhh you just want reputation
just a name is needed friedn, nobody wants to impersonate me anyways because I'm a steaming pile of dogshit tobehhhhhhhhhh :^)))
>Captcha: Victor recarga

the only reason I use a trip is because I want people to get a feel for what I'm like and what my tastes are, not because they're particularly good (they're not), but because they can know if they like my recs or opinions or not. If they don't, they can filter me, which they can't do if I'm user. If anything, I'm less important than most people because I'm using a trip.

it wouldnt be so bad if they weren't all so annoying

>nobody wants to impersonate me
because you're not relevant...

there aren't any relevant tripfags or namefags, user.

I only put my trip on to piss people off :)

no one goves a shit what your taste is like that's the whole point

yes tripcodes are good

my point stands

>because it's never relevant to the discussion and anons use that when they have nothing else to say
It's board culture. I doubt there are any tripfags left who became tripfags before the term tripfag was coined. It's what they are called and will always and should always be called. Sitting there and forcing "tripfriend" or "tripbro" or whatever the fuck essentially rejects board culture and is far worse than being an annoying fuckboy tripfag.

If you don't want to be called a tripfag, don't use a tripcode, it's that simple. I wish tripfags would get over themselves and find a way to wear the term "tripfag" as a badge of honor as it demonstrates anonymous imageboard culture at it's finest.

fucking lolle'd at your post
friend, have (You) ever even been to
?
i'm kind of a big deal lol

Then filter me. Like I said in my post, that's the whole point.

All the tripfags nowadays are just trying to emulate the 'cool' trips they have heard about from a few years ago on Sup Forums or are crossposters. They think their presence will make things funnier and give them attention. Only a few have been successful and the rest are just faggots. Actually, they are all faggots.

Lol, I'm just a weird fanboy who discovered who he is one day when I was checking something on the archive.
He was a regular on /r/synthesizers until recently, but he deleted his reddit account.
It sucks because he was often talking about obscure synths and effects units, and detailing how they works. All those small nuggets of synth history are sadly gone now. Hopefully, he is still active on gearslutz, but this guy should definitely write a book about all he knows.
I guess I admire him because he is the kind of guy I want to be, but never will, since I'm too stupid for electrical engineering and understanding synth manufacturers patents.

Cause everyone here likes to discuss memes.

Its not like discussion with trips is any better, its just a pissing contest.

Can you give a reason for why you would want trips, and also for why you shouldn't just post on reddit a website made for what you want.

will do! but first i want to try and understand why you people think your taste and posts are so important that people need to know about it

why do people even care so much about whether people use trips? like, it's literally just a fucking name on the post that makes no difference to anything, but people act like using one immediately turns you into an attention-whoring retard. who gives a shit

Fuck off gall moth

The fact u care so much about trips says more about you than them.
Filter or cry more

Exactly you only donit for attention, you just want people to notice you and pay attention to you. Because no one would do that if you were posting anonymously because as you said your tatse and recs are shit.

You use your trip as substitute for actual discussion which is what everyone does.

You attacking trips is also looking for attention from them

So you can't give a balid reason for using a tripcode?

Not surprised.

Its not like anything I'm gonna say is going to stop anyone from using a tripcod, I just want everyone to know how pointless and attention seeking it is.

No because 99% of the time, tripfags don't take responsibility for their posts

I'd say Montie is a pretty big celebrity. Not for good reason, though.

Are you reading anything I'm saying? I specifically don't think my taste and posts are important. I use a trip so that if for some strange reason someone thinks, hey, I like this guy's recs, he can find more of my recs in the future that he know he has a good chance of liking. If someone doesn't like my taste at all, they can filter me and never see it again, and you can't do that if I'm user. If being able to filter a person you don't like instead of not being able to fundamentally upsets you, then we're at an impasse

then filter me. That way, there's less shitposting about who has bad taste because we obviously disagree.

Bitch no one is ever going to recognize me after this thread.

All of my opinions stand on there are own as they are.

Learn to filter or continue to cry
You are just as bad as them.

Nothing wrong with trips per se, it's just that I see cringeworthy attentionwhores using them.
Like this.

I want to fuck Montie's mom