Euro 2016

Are we all in agreement that the expansion to 24 teams has ruined what was a good, high quality tournament?

Euro 2004 was trash as well, as was the last WC.

You're just mad because the 24 team expansion meant you had to face Iceland.

Euro 2004 was significantly better than this though.

I'm Scottish, we didn't even qualify ;_;

Regardless, this has unquestionably been the worst international tournament that I have ever seen.

Even the Confed Cup is better and more entertaining.

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

No, some of the 'lesser' quality teams like Iceland, Hungry and Wales made things a bit more exciting.

A lot of the top teams would have still played shite had there been a couple less games.

But teams like Iceland and Wales would have qualified anyway. They finished second in the quali groups.

You are aware that especially Portugal just made as much efforts as they needed in the group stage right? Why rek the other teams and play at full gas in the group stage when you can get through and even have an easier path being 3rd? They just were smart, bro.

>see thread in the catalog
>"i bet its an UK flag"
>lo and behold

Literally makes no sense.

Are you saying this tournament has actually been good because a team that didn't win a single group game then went on to lift the trophy?

>see an aids infected favela monkey
>"i bet it has no argument"
>lo and behold

It was good the way it was.

i have more arguments than you had points in the world cup. i just don't want to rub salt in your wound. already had a pretty painful visit to the dentist recently.

>be platini
>expand the euros to 24 teams
>a team that would be eliminated otherwise wins the tournaments
>agaisnt your team
>in your home soild

JUUUST

No, it wasn't. It was the best euro in this century.

UEFA has demonstrated that is pure greed that drives its decision.

It has sacrificed quality for revenue. Hopefully a new president will reverse the decision made by that fat fuck Platini and the competition returns to a 16-team format.

Or at the very least re-structure it so only the top two teams from the group progress to the knock-out stages.

>because a team that didn't win a single group game then went on to lift the trophy
What's wrong with you, moron?

>see a dead body washed up on the beach
>"I bet it's Brazil"
>lo and behold

You looking forward to having the whole see how inept you are soon? I am.

it was the same before this in terms of goals.

int tournaments are never goal fests or full of free flowing football because there isn't enough time to fuck up and then recover like there is in a season.
excitement doesn't come from goals.

brazils 7-1 wasn't exciting . excitement comes from the contest being close. rather have that than any number of amazing goals.

what the rule change did was make it more interesting with other teams contesting besides the typical big ones.

you can moan all you like about the 3rd best team winning it but fact is the other 3rd best teams and everyone ahead of them had equal chance to win it as well in fact 1st and 2nd has it easier

And yet remarkably you're incapable of offering a single one.

And bizarrely assume I'm English despite making it clear further up the thread that I'm Scottish.

Poor little AIDSboy.

Platini is a jealous twisted fuck, in 98 just after the victory the guy came in the locker room and tell to the team "Hey guys ! So we had to organize the competition just so you win it".
Deschamps replied "Some people are made to organize the World Cup, other are made to win it".
He probably smile inside right now.

Come on now. Every other one has been significantly better than this.

Let the German answer the question, you third world toilet-cleaning boxhead window licker.

everything about european football is just the best for some reason. i think it has having so many teams in close proximity with fierce battles and histories.

africa and SA just can't compete. and when it comes to WC euro teams are still the ones to beat.

the crowds make a big difference too. coverage of world football is just full of droning buzzing sounds. this euros was amazing for atmosphere. we build stadiums like no one else.

>we build stadiums like no one else.
Those in Brazil and the USA are far better tbqhwy.

Even Asia are surpassing Europe now.

UEFA will take this as vindication.for expanding qualification.to 3rd place teams in groups as Portugal finished 3rd in their Group

>WC 2014
>bad
pick one. 14 blew 10, 06 and 02 out of the water.

Sadly, you may be right. Not that I think they'd change it back anyway.

Too much money to be made now.

Stadiums here are much better in all honesty

Europe's atmosphere (save maybe England) is absolutely unmatchable though

Last chance to use my favourite caption I suppose...

Let polebro alone mate, they went out against the European champion in a penalty shootout, while you got rekt by Iceland.

We didn't play Iceland. We weren't even in the competition. ;_;

how is that even possible? at that point your better off letting in 8 more teams so it can just be the world cup: Euro edition

Also, answer the question.

keep 24 teams, 8 groups best 2 go through

Expanding it further to 32 is worse. There's only about 55 NTs in Europe and when you think of the likes of Andorra, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Malta, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Armenia, Georgia, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, San Marino, Montenegro, Moldova and a few other shit sides, then there's little point in actually having the qualification stages.

So 3 teams per group?? Not sure they'd do that/

20 teams
4 groups of 5 teams
top 2 through to the QF

fuck the round of 16 off

yes 3 teams.
also possible

Fuck groups, just have it knockouts all the way through.
No seeding. FA Cup style

Problem with having odd numbers in the group in that in the final round of group games, you're going to have teams not playing, which gives unfair advantages to others and how the final group will look.

You need to have all teams in the group playing at the same time in the last round.

>Muhammad goes full SEC mode over European soccer

well fug

actually you're right, you'd have team a vs team b, then team c vs team d later but team e couldn't play until 3-4 days later because the other teams need rest

28 teams
7 groups of 4 teams
The top 2 in each group advance to the Round of 16, as well as the 2-best 3rd placed teams.

>3rd placed teams.
No. We're trying to get rid of this fucking shit.

Finishing third in the group of four should not be rewarded with progress into the knock-out stages.

So instead of 4 out of 6 3rd place teams advancing, only the best 2 out of 7 move on. It adds a wild card element into the tournament, but at the same time, teams won't be trying to "settle" for 3rd place, as the majority of 3rd place teams won't go through.

>brit complaining about more football
if you dont want to see the smaller teams you can always not watch their matches or even skip to the quarters if you only care about muh "best" teams

Sure you are and Mel Gibson is Scottish too

Shut up you're a Brit Limey. Hiding behind a Scottish flag after what you've done to those poor highlanders... for shame. Never mind the bollocks and Let Brazil fuck their trannies and eat their shirts while you go to the dentist to get your teeth fixed.

it's about teams playing defensive because a third spot can be enough.

Bit angry there, Ty'Rone. Have you been banned from Sup Forums?

32 teams, 8 groups, only one goes through

let's see teams playing defensively then

The point has clearly flown over you head.

More football doesn't necessarily a better quality of competition.

Fucking peg-selling gypsy skiprat.

smaller teams play defensive regardless. has nothing to do with 3rd place.plus if theyre shit they get btfo anyway

>32 teams
Nah.

If it's a 2/7 chance it's nowhere near as bad. 4/6 3rd place teams advancing was a horrible mistake. But 2 out of 7 3rd place teams advancing adds an exciting wild card element, without sacrificing too much genuine playing for 2nd or 1st, as says.

The problem is not the number of teams but 3rd places getting to qualify. Makes playing with the goal of getting a tie too advantageous. We need either 32 or 16 teams tbqh.

shove some claymore up your ass faggot. literally the only uk team to not qualify lmao

hahahahahahahaha no

I used to think of Euros as competitive with less peasant nations than the World Cup, but it's practically the World Cup lite now. As happy as I am for Portugal winning it in the end, the tournament has been a big park the bus shitshow.

Actually, I'm just mad at you that your country didn't finish off Portugal when you had the chance.

Thanks Hungary. You let the bad guys win.

The worst part is they won't go back. They never go back.

Marvellous insult, my gyppo friend.

> You have to be a chef to complain that the food is burnt

No just banned from your mom's pussy because after I wrecked it too hard had hot pocket filled janitors Calling it criminal to chimp out on that slit

Also when Andy Murray wins I can't seem to recall the press attributing the win to the Scottish tennis game instead Great Britain gets the accolades.

Why? And why doesn't Scotland get their own flag proxy on this Mongolian basket weaving board? Is Scotland also looking forward to leaving the union like those Brits are?

2012 was by far the worst.

Congrats to Portugal, wanted them to beat France.

I also think there were too many teams in the tournament. Let's be real this year's Sweden, Russia, Austria, Ukraine, Albania, Switzerland Ireland, Northern Ireland, Romania had no business being in the Euros at all. Qualification was too easy.

3rd placed teams going to knockouts is ridiculous. Only teams who are able to win a match should be able to move forward. That's like quality testing.

Quite a rant there, Ty'Rone. A lot of emotion.

By your logic, Scotland came third in the Euros, only beaten by themselves and the eventual champions, because Wales = Scotland.

Don't feed the semen slurper

Austria and Northern Ireland won their qualification groups though. What more can you expect from a team to "earn their spot"?

we clearly need two pre qualification stages

Tsuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

You have a point England

Needs more play-offs seriously.

Austria won because they got super easy group Sweden and Russia were beyond awful.

Euro 2004 was undoubtedly england's best performance this millennium though.

no third place game?

Not really saying much.

And can someone explain this fucking insane captcha??

Nah, they binned it decades ago as no one was interested.

>blowing 06

dont be silly now.

>a good, high quality tournament?
How can this ever have been true when England have been permitted entry?

I liked it so much better, good to have some new blood in the tournament

>brazils 7-1 wasn't exciting
DAMAGE CONTROL

I see you're trying to mitigate Brazil's loss in order to lessen the glorious win Iceland had over you.

To be honest, Iceland's win over England was more satisfying to watch than the 7-1 win against Brazil.

Last WC was goat though. Nice roster, fun games, lots of goals, 7 1, what more do you wish for.

See

>this has unquestionably been the worst international tournament that I have ever seen.
You must be very young.

It was a good tournament.

Hungary, Czech, Croatia, Iceland and Wales were all fun to watch.
Hungary v Portugal was the best match in the tournament.

Also, England's shitshow is always satisfying to see.

Jesus, shut up you refugee welcoming retard.

Pathetic loser

>You must be very young.
Or just someone who knows a shit tournament when he sees one

I've watched every WC since '94, every Euro since '96, as well as numerous Copa Americas.

And not one delves into the pit of shit that Euro 2016 did.

I know someone was making one of these for UEFA but I didn't save it during the group stage. Did they finish it or was it abandoned?

>czech
>fun to watch

Is this a meme???

>Or just someone who knows a shit tournament when he sees one
More like an Englishman looking for an excuse for his team's shitness.
Was it the long premiership season? Was it Roy? Was it this? Was it that?

I've already told you I'm not English. But it's irrelevant, the tournament was awful, it's been widely condemned as awful, and some contrarian Turk saying otherwise is not going to change that.

Just because you set your standards so incredibly low you find ultra defensive, cowardly football interesting don't assume everyone else does, you Europe-wrecking kebabfag.

>Europe-wrecking
That's your job, Nigel

UK is simply fleeing the sinking ship after you Krauts shot a hole in the hull.

>sinking ship
Highly Ironic considering your country is going down like the Titanic since Brexit while the Euro is stronger.

I can't wait until Brits are banned from the continent.

>while the Euro is stronger

Than what? It's barely above the USD since Brexit.

Your shit union is tanking, Helmut.