Alright metalhead Sup Forumsros, ITT you discuss which metal album is the greatest of all time

Alright metalhead Sup Forumsros, ITT you discuss which metal album is the greatest of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=efesRK-sFfY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5xVPFKDuM
zaprudertheband.bandcamp.com/track/monkey-on-my-back
youtube.com/watch?v=suQenTK63-M
youtube.com/watch?v=cwWu1gLyj5g
youtube.com/watch?v=3a6wyrbaaSI
youtube.com/watch?v=aGrbO8Yevk4
youtube.com/watch?v=Am5YL9aT73U
youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYOPg5GLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anything done by moonman

I can't stop listening to it.

>Kek

It had to be done

Rust In Peace hands down

Well you have the big four spread with chart topping albums like peace sells and seasons in the abyss but then there's other bands not sp well known for there work like suicidal tendencies which had great albums

chelsea grin ashes to ashes

This or so far so good so what

Anything by Between The Buried and Me

Sonic Brew

This is my favorite right now

Very true, user. This thread is open to any group and any metal genre, no matter the mainstream popularity.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Well in my opinion

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations

Yeah its hard to say because there's old new wave British metal then there's thrash speed death black and many more forms of metal

This because it got me into songs with lots of distorted guitar and screaming.

Good Charlotte's "The Anthem" got me into songs with distortion, but it's not metal

this is real death metal

Great album, this year they'll drop a new one.

kek'd

Probably can't put a single album above each and every group and sub genre out there, especially since "metal" can apply to everything from Disturbed, to Slipknot, to Amon Amarth.

IN MY OPINION this is the greatest album created.

>you cant

youtube.com/watch?v=efesRK-sFfY

This.

Kill yourself

Legendary.

Nu-metal, not death, but then again, this metal thread is open to any subgenre.
And yes, people, I do realize this is bait.

Fucking love it !

Sinister is probably the best track on that album.

I prefer haunting the chapel, but god damn are they both good.

Easy

metal is for beta fags who don't assimilate

no one likes my posts :(

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5xVPFKDuM

great choice

/thread

\m/ long live death metal

zaprudertheband.bandcamp.com/track/monkey-on-my-back

Is there really even another option here?

>Birth of a Genre
>Fucking Ozzy
>Pure Doom Metal

Black Sabbath's self titled is always going to be the best, not because it sounds better than the rest, or because its more well written. Because it's what inspired an entire genre to come.

2heavy4me

/thread

Shit yeah, that album is fucking skull-shatteringly heavy, but also has nice melodies to keep it interesting!

My nigga... The first CD I ever bought.. Absolutely ferocious!

Redemption at the Puritan's Hand - Primordial ... fucking masterpiece

Dude, yes!

Foundations of Burden is pretty good.

I've been on this shit for like 2 weeks straight now

FREEDOM HAWK.
They are so dope.
youtube.com/watch?v=suQenTK63-M

Black Tongue, The Unconquerable Dark. Best i've heard in a long time

Icons a good one too by them

I'm more of a death metal guy so I would say the bleeding by cannibal corpse. Or even one of their newer albums torture. Epitaph by necrophagist is also great, earth born evolutions by beyond creation. There really is a lot of good death metal going on now.

Anyone one else here started off with softer stuff and gotten into continuously heavier stuff? Started off with metallica, then megadeth, now I'm listening to a lot of hatebreed and Lamb of God. I love Pantera as well. BTW : what would Lamb of God be categories as? Death metal?

Lamb of God = Groove Metal

Started as a kid listening to Metaliica and Tool with my dad, now i'm a guitarist for a Melodic Death Metal Band. Time flys i guess

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
This album is perfect in every fucking way, you filthy niggers.

youtube.com/watch?v=cwWu1gLyj5g

I'll always prefer the Mantle but this is a masterpiece as well

That's how it started for me, listened to Metallica and sabbath type older metal as a kid bud now I'm into death and tech death.

Roll

This is my #1 of all time.

Let's just be honest, everything Agalloch has done has been absolutely stunning. Pale Folklore was my introduction to them and was an absolute revelation for me.

Thanks. I don't have a lot of communication with people who listen to metal, so I'm kind of out of the loop.

I thought Scream, Aim, Fire was better. Ashes of the Innocent and Road to Nowhere are like 2 of their best tracks and it makes me sad that they will never play them live.

Everything you need to know you can find out with google.

Symbolic by Death

Another one of my personal favs

bretty gud

youtube.com/watch?v=3a6wyrbaaSI
i just cant stop hearing this....

Unpopular opinion time: Covenant by Morbid Angel. What I consider the quintessential death metal album. Technical, raw, pre-trigger blast mastery. Satan, lovecraft, Roman... All the themes. All the death. All the azagthoth.

also I realize inc shaming

Abysmal by The Black Dhalia Murder

Dude, that album kills

Covenant is amazing, got to see them on the anniversary tour for the album and it was an awesome show.

Best album 4ever

what do you think of dave ellefson?

scream aim fire grew on me as an album, not sure if its better than the poison. thankfully, venom is better than temper temper, like the thrashy influence

learned to play ashes of the innocent from tom merideth, too bad he is dead on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=aGrbO8Yevk4

>tfw from the past comes the storms has more riffs than the average modern metal album

Too bad they went full wigger after Arise

Right? I can't wait to see them again on their tour this fall. I saw them with Adam like 2 months ago and the dude is fucking brutal. Got them all to sign a poster. Shit was cash.

/thread

favorite metal album

Anyone listen to black tusk?

Junior is supremely underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=Am5YL9aT73U
the great death

Temper Temper sucked a huge fucking cock. Absolute garbage. Venom was a fucking great redemption though, I legitimately love that album. When I saw them live a few months ago they didn't play a single song off Temper Temper lmao

Hard to argue.

Here is best live metal album.

One time I listened to that album while I was sailing on the north Atlantic. I was driving the boat for the night shift and was the only one up so I blasted that shit. Shit was emotional man. I felt so god damn alive.

only good ones itt

this should be a album by Gate Thrower Of Eternal Wolves just the audio of this for 1 hour.

youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYOPg5GLQ

seriously...youguysareallidiots.exe

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Sleep - Dopesmoker
Dillinger Escape Plan - One Of Us Is The Killer
Psyopus - Our Puzzling Encounters Considered
Meshuggah - Nothing

Blackwater Park is a grade A album. I just wish they'd play Harvest more live.

name?

kill urself nig