What are your thoughts on this musical? Has anyone been as obsessed as I? My friends and I can't get the enough of it

What are your thoughts on this musical? Has anyone been as obsessed as I? My friends and I can't get the enough of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=53WHHRNWe-Q
youtu.be/1I67lmNCEY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idk it's decent

it's alright but musicals are dying anyways

One of my friends is borderline obsessed with it. It's all she listens to, and she watches it on a monthly basis.

In the Heights is better 2bh

I hope they don't. I love musicals.

Havne't watched Hamilton; I'm sure it's great. Don't like that it's being memed everywhere though. Sister's obsessed with it.

Force meme

Fuck if I know, tickets are sold out for the next few decades and I'd have to sell my soul to get them at the prices that scalpers are demanding.

>musicals are dying anyways
source?

Musicals can be highly successful just released onto audio format.

youtube.com/watch?v=53WHHRNWe-Q

Les Miserables turned out to be a pretty successful movie. It's brilliant.

Going down to Broadway and spending $300 on a ticket is more of a wealthy thing, and seeing musicals for the average person is not something that they want to do. I'd like to see more in person, and operas, but other people's lack of interest in them have made them a dying art. As to seeing them in film or listening to them, I don't think musicals are dying.

we wuz prezidinz n sheit

Holy fuck OP, even though I really hope this is bait still kill yourself.

Leave
this is high school theater kid core

Let me guess, you're a raging liberal who owns at least three pieces of Hillary Clinton memorabilia and cried on election night.
Want to know how I know? Because only liberals enjoy this disgusting piece of bourgeois propaganda.

r*ddit-core tripe. It's terrible

Does this kind of propaganda have any place now that Trump is in?

A thread about a musical isn't bait, kiddo.

A better question to ask him is when was the last time he's seen one. Probably not recently.

>liberal
>reddit-core
>high school theater core

Why all the insecurities today? Just say, "I associate this musical with people I don't like of a certain group to feel better about myself" and then take a trip to . This is a music board.

This shines a light on the founding fathers. Even Jefferson is portrayed in a good light, as opposed to an "evil slave trader" as the people you associate with this musical would normally say about him. This is far from what you think it is. How is it propaganda?

Is there a reason talking about this musical gets a bunch of people whining about it? What sensibilities the overly-offended people have to day.

I know people like this. It really is an obsession. It's great and highly inspirational to some people, so why judge it?

You head to the library and pick up some books and get interested in politics because of Hamilton, that's awesome. Only someone who's anti-American would be buttmad about it

I'm not judging her, it just happens to be one of her favorite things ever.

I meant that to others who judge people for it. Glad it's her favorite thing ever. So many people in this thread are just angry about it for strange reasons.

All success to them, I've been hoping to hear something about the founding fathers lately and in the form of a hip hop musical isn't bad. It gets people talking, comparing, and thinking beyond juts the musical.

used to be pretty into it, after i started listening to more hip hop though it sank in quality

Yeah you kinda have to embrace the simplicty of it if you are to enjoy it or be someone who hasn't branched far into hip hop
But I have found myself really really enjoying it lately. Sometimes it's just awesomet o have on and it hasn't seemed to lose it's freshness to me and I enjoy that

>left wing propaganda via the medium of theatre

genius

Why do mostly gay/trans people, women or racial minorities like this?

nobody is writing new ones though

youtu.be/1I67lmNCEY4

Because it blackwashes old white founding fathers

Musicals are pretty much timeless.

I mean The Lion King is still extremely popular here.

it's okay
but honestly i really only see weird liberal white girls with glasses and an "art obsession" talk about it

it's not necessarily a BAD thing, but it gets kind of annoying when they're shoving it in your face like it's the greatest musical feat of all time

the worst thing i keep hearing is how great the hip-hop parts are, when the person saying it is the type of person who would NEVER listen to hip-hop unless it's filtered to the point of complete inoffensiveness

I thought it was okay at best but I'm not really into musicals

>only white people can dress up as Jefferson
>black people, the main ethnicity behind hip hop, should not be considered for a hip hop musical if they're portraying white men

That's odd, but if you insist.

Embrace the people who like it. They're just obsessed about it, it's catchy, in their head, and they are thinking about it. If not, stay away from them so you don't lash out on them.

I'm with them so I'm not in your shoes though.

>when the person saying it is the type of person who would NEVER listen to hip-hop unless it's filtered to the point of complete inoffensiveness

That's the thing about paraphrasing Jefferson in any way. Jefferson wouldn't speak any other way other than how he would've spoke of.

>I mean The Lion King is still extremely popular here.

I think it's popular throughout the world. A people who have forgotten the Lion King are not a people.

>but honestly i really only see weird liberal white girls with glasses and an "art obsession" talk about it

Why do you like stereotyping people? That's even more obnoxious. The minute I stopped doing this, the minute people became less obnoxious to me and I began to understood why some people looked the way they looked.

Shit I probaly could be called a hipster from this screenshot alone. I can see it. But DUDE WEED LMAO is in my captcha, what the fuck?!

I want someone to come out with a really right wing-themed musical that gets huge success. Not because I'm that conservative myself, but just because I want to see what happens when the medium opens up to a new demographic.

Like, I wanna see a movie about Reagan or some shit. Focus on his inner turmoil and how flawed he was as a human, but how his patriotism shone through and he did what he thought was best for his country and his fellow countrymen. He survives an assassination attempt and goes on to bring conservative values back to America and successfully naturalize relations with Russia. Climax with his "Tear down this wall!" speech, and then skip ahead to his later years of Alzheimer's and eventual death to give it a bitter sweet ending.

I wanna see some people go crazy over that shit.

American Sniper did very well.

see, the difference is that I'm not shoving my opinion down your throat and I don't take personal offense to you disagreeing with me

i'm stereotyping because i'm making a general observation of all the people who i've run into who bring up hamilton in every conversation. i haven't run into many men talk about it, i haven't run into any non white people who talk about it, and i sure haven't run into any conservative people who talk about it

you could say that's just my experience, but there you go

not a musical though

Jefferson > Hamilton

>Making a general observation
>Latching onto a common stereotype of people who dress better than you do and can talk without mumbling

I don't understand.

are you seriously getting riled up over a comment about white girls being obsessed with hamilton? cmon dude

>are you seriously disagreeing with me

I have an issue with autistic people whining about normal people doing normal things. There's no reason for it.

It's not good at all. I could sit at home and watch Epic Rap Battles of History for free

>People dressed as historical figures rapping about things vaguely relating to them
>A musical with characters rapping about what the founding fathers actually did
>Same thing

I could sit at home and read about what the founding fathers actually did for free

>are you seriously disagreeing with me
nice projection, dude. this thread asked for opinions on the musical hamilton, and i gave mine. maybe re read your other posts and see how much of a prick you're being instead of trying to create a discussion

Then do that.

Uh, I'm the OP of this thread. I'm one of the few providing anything related to this thread while shitposters whine about it.

this is a music board not a musical board

Musical = music

Get over it.

He's not shitposting numbnuts. He is providing his opinion on what he has observed and you are the one sperging out and trying to shut down the conversation.

And I'm providing my opinion on what he took from it. There is literally no reason for you to be throwing a tantrum over my critique on him if you are as alright with people providing opinions here. You need to hold consistent beliefs, seriously.

>he did what he thought was best for his country and his fellow countrymen
Like pushing crack into black neighborhoods? Like supporting apartheid? Like illegally funding coups around the world to expand U.S. hegemony?
You're right, actually. Liberals would go crazy over that.

>Only someone who's anti-American would be buttmad about it
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I've never seen it, but...

>Some commentators have criticized the show for making Hamilton and other historical personages appear more progressive than they really were, while ignoring the roles of actual people of color in the Revolutionary era. For example, Ishmael Reed writes: "His reputation has been shored up as an abolitionist and someone who was opposed to slavery. Not true."[48]
>Yet another historian, Lyra Monteiro, criticized that the show's multi-ethnic casting obscures the complete lack of identifiable enslaved or free persons of color as characters in the show.[113]

It honestly sounds like it minimizes the roles of black people during the era and pedestalizes the main historical figures. Also despite what this person says, literally every black person I know who has talked about it has said they don't like it. Most of the people who like it, from what I've seen, are white, extremely liberal, white-guilt-y theater nerds.

The Pence thing was a brilliant marketing tactic, though. Their sales soared after it happened which I'm betting is the only reason they did it