What is the Ulyssess of music?

what is the Ulyssess of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_EmyQTvFo1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

plebs will say tmr

Musilogical Field Recordings

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

A Puerto Rican immigrant in New York City gets sucked into a series of strange dreamlike scenarios. Eventually he fucks sexy lizard women who try eating his flesh; but it turns out he's poisonous to them and they die. He gets turned into a bubbly monster as punishment, and needs to get his dick lopped off to turn back to human. At the climax, a bird steals the vial containing his penis, and he has to choose whether to save his cock or his brother.

Very little of it makes much sense unless you really read into it; the analyses online are pretty long. Different people have different theories on it, my favorite being that it's symbolic of a sperm's journey up the vagina to fertilize an egg. The album is usually lumped in with the surrealist movement.

It would have to be something extremely long, impenetrable, yet with a wealth of creativity inside which allowed it to influence music, nay, the whole of art in general for decades to come.

So maybe something by Tame Impala or Sufjan Stevens

On Avery Island by Neutral Milk Hotel

Ulysses is music you plebs. Joyce writes more for the sound of the words than their associations with ideas. Homer was originally meant to be sung after all.

it really is TMR though

>deeply esoteric references that only people engrossed in the medium will understand
>is universally acclaimed

someone post something more fitting

Nation of Ulysses

>OP: posts "experimental" work of x
>asks what is the x of music
>"tmr!"

Its just a boring answer is all that could work for anything experimental

>deeply esoteric references that only people engrossed in the medium will understand
>is universally acclaimed

how is TMR either of those? I know nothing about blues/rock/jazz yet I love the album. Not sure what hidden esoteric references you are talking about

A long grueling listen that only pretentious people will like? Easy here you go:
Miles Davis

/thread

TMR is Finnegan's Wake you fucking retards

Finnegan's Wake is some free jazz album, TMR is Ulysses

plus
>famous musician Frank Zappa helps to get TMR published
>famous writer Ezra Pound helps get Ulysses published

FW is three free jazz albums played at once

i second this

No he's right TMR is Finnegan's Wake. The genre hopping and limited structure are very similar.

Ulysses' has a very odd writing style that will meditate on particular idea for pages. This makes it easy for the reader to forget where the characters are and exactly what they are actually doing. So my best guess is Philip Glass' Einstein on the Beach.

idiots. the lot of you

>the Irish Rovers are a Canadian band (some born in Ireland)

what trick is this. Next you are going to tell me Kevin Shields was born in America or something

Charles Ives Symphony 4

The Sensual World

TMR lacks meaning

>some people hitting notes at random being comparable to a work he took 20 years to write

Clipping without the I is the hip hop version of Dubliners

>some mick writes random words being comparable to the performance of avant garde creations of a skilled composer

Billy Corgan's Siddhartha

youtube.com/watch?v=_EmyQTvFo1Y

/lit/ here
>Ulysses' has a very odd writing style that will meditate on particular idea for pages
Only Stephen does this, and he narrates less than half the book. Bloom (the guy who narrates most of the book) is pretty scatter-brained; even when he's just relaxing after jacking it he thinks about advertising, sexuality, religion, femininity within like 10 pages. But you are right about the rest of your post though.
Outside of one chapter where they get drunk in a shady part of town, Ulysses is completely understandable. Although the album sounds pretty cool, so thanks for the stealth rec.

In terms of stuff that is well-known, actually listenable, and thoroughly accepted to be actual music vs just audio (i.e. no field recordings, tapes), I nominate Soundtracks for the Blind. It's innovative, influential, monolithic in length, and pretty inaccessible to most casual listeners.

Not bad actually