Why can't he just drop his name like

Also first for Ricks

god thread

got a big enough Rick there Rick?

that's a big guitar...

>first for Ricks

good lad

Ain't that big jeez

dont let this thread die guys, this is the rightful /gg/!

dubs confirm
are people using a different one?

It is my personal opinion that Rickenbackers are very ugly and people who like them have a taste in guitars that I do not agree with

Got any gear coming this holiday season anons?

hoping to buy myself this
youtube.com/watch?v=EqUObMbmc7k

Got my DOD Boneshaker yesterday and an audio interface the day before that. Still waiting on my Mr. Black Bloodmoon to come before I start spamming /gg/ with shitty doom riffs.

>very ugly
pretty strong words

what don't you like about them

At least the kpop shitters didn't get it

>77777
wtf I like Ricks now

wew lad

If you want an on topic edition of /gg/, i made one before this thread even started.
But i you prefer a "le boycott crazyaga edition", which is a strictly off topic subject, you are welcome to stay here. but it will just show who are the real people who derail the threads.

It will be an hypocritical choice, but you have the freedom to choose.

Can someone give me a decent starter amp?

thanks for the bump mate

on board effects?

I just don't like how they look at all. Giant honking things with that 50's aesthetic where they were trying to make everything look futuristic but now it just looks outdated and gaudy. Never played one though. I suppose I could get over the look if they turn out to feel and sound great, but then again I could get what I need in a guitar that I also like the look of. Turns out looks are pretty important

Why not

get one yourself

used peavey vypyr

well they weigh exactly the same as strats for that's worth. never felt the bodies to be obtrusive either.

sure different tastes for different people but I love their look. pretty versatile guitars too, got that iconic jangly tone, spikey or hard rock. if only they weren't so fucking expensive.

just let your thread die in peace tripfag

desu i like them purely for the brian jones nostalgia

desu these threads are never 100% on topic

but you getting buttflustered and replying to everyone who baits you makes them even worse.

lads i just bought a new classical guitar

it has no fret markers. how do i get used to a completely blank fretboard after using markers for years?

use your ear laddie

mark the fifth fret, all you really need

you'll start to get muscle memory for the frets
and

You just play a lot and eventually you can tell by feel where you are.

Or if you're bad, buy fret marker stickers for the side of the neck

ive been playing for six years. i can navigate my way decently but sometimes there are runs that take me way up. caprico arrabe and the girl with the flaxen hair are hard even with fret dots

what about the twelfth??

>what about the twelfth??

on a classical? you absolute madman

if you don't think you can do it without them just mark the frets yourself

>what about the twelfth??
That's the easiest one to find, it's right where the neck meets the body on classical guitars. When your hand hits the body, you're at the 12th fret

Unless you got a blasphemous cutaway

Other thread just got deleted.
Remember to not respond.

????

simple repertoire calls for 12+ all the time.

will tape damage the neck?

its a cutaway. but should it still be where the neck meets the body?

how come crazyaga's thread got deleted when he created it before this one ?? :(

The mods decided to delete my thread, even though:

- it was made before this thread
- it had the noble notion of being an on-topic-edition of /gg/, in a sharp contrast to this edition which is all about me instead of being about guitars

They also gave me a warning claiming that i should have searched for other threads before starting a new one, even though my thread started a significant amount of time before this one.

So i'm not sure if the mods were being hypocritical, or just unaware. but it sure as hell has the appearance of hypocracy

MODS = GODS

>its a cutaway. but should it still be where the neck meets the body?
Ya done goofed
The top part of the body will probably be in line with the 12th fret still, but you won't be able to find it just by sliding your hand down anymore

>tfw i some how ended up with 6 amps and 5 preamps in the span of a month

>tfw i regularly buy gutiars used off craigslist, play them for 6 months and then sell them for the same as i bought them or like $50 more to cover my string costs

I wish I had money to buy gear.

But also I don't want to work for money to buy gear

The lefty

kill yourself my man

?

>sharp contrast to this edition which is all about me
>all about me

just stop

Tfw got autocorrected to the

>tfw I have 8 guitars and only play 2 of them
wew

o bummer

just play em hendrix style dude

this

Would love a Rickenbacker but can't justify the grand and a half for one. Would be too afraid to gig or even transport it to a friends house in fear of damage or it getting nicked.

Too expensive for just a bedroom guitar :(

Wouldn't that be kind of pretentious? Anyone got experience with that?

clyp.it/c1g3dket

buy a copy
might even sound better than the real thing

seems justified for lefties

played with a guy for a while who flipped over his bass

what's your collection so i can be jealous of you user?

you have to change the nut, unless you have a floating bridge with a locking nut, and if anyone think it's pretentious that's their problem

it may be really uncofmortable reaching using the controls and palm muting with non-hardtails though

i'm offended at your bad playing

i hope you will sleep well at night knowing what an incredibly moral person you are.

Have a wonderful life.

it's joke

Never bought a copy before

Do the tones actually sound similar?

>mfw got a bass guitar as a gift

What the fuck do i do with it? It's an Epiphone EB-0. I'm a shit guitarist but I play a mean ukulele.

play it and grow stronk fingers

cheap strat copy
cheap nylon guitar
cheap flying v
MIM strat
gibby les paul
taylor 416ce-LTD
taylor dn3
taylor 314

i only play the cheap strat copy and taylor 314. all 3 taylors were gifts

Not really because they are made with cheaper materials, so they sound... cheaper. The wood is the most important thing but then again, I had in my hands an original Rick bass a few years ago and I wasn't that impressed desu. You can get reasonably close by upgrading the electronics but only if the wood isn't shit.

Are you a jew?

Probably leave it as a dream then. Would look a bit of a knob playing a knock off Rick in gigs anyway

give up faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9b-h3hO60

>clyp.it/c1g3dket
Alright I am going to judge this for you and hopefully provide some advice.

First of all the message at the start, you shouldn't have done that, why, because it makes you look oversensitive and people on Sup Forums will jump on that to troll you and hurt you, so don't do it.

Secondly, from the sounds of everything up to the 2.00 minute mark it sounds rough, very rough like the playing of someone who is too used to having pedals and effects to cover up flaws in their playing, I suggest practicing your chords and chord changes more so it sounds better.

Thirdly, from the 2.00 minute mark on its good, it sounds like finger picking and if that is what you were doing you should do it more, and keep practicing it, and try recording some more stuff like that for the thread.

Finally somthing not to do with your recording, quit letting people bait you with provocative comments, this is Sup Forums everyone is an asshole, at this point it is pretty much an entry requirement.

cba watching all that but proper session musicians get paid very well and all the others do it simply for fun

yeah we'll never be millionaire rockstars, thanks for the insight louis

It was supposed to be rough.
Rough playing on a cheap classic guitar.

I disagree with your criticism.
I also think the message at the start was extremely reasonable.

Atheist

And btw,
I want you to understand that it's a completely original piece, like almost everything i play.

>/gg/ tripfag can only poorly strum a few chords

of course

Even if my clip was exclusively strumming chords, it does not mean it's the only thing i can do.

But the clip was not even that, it contained more than me strumming chords.

Just stop

still it is obvious from that clip that you are either still a beginner or just genuinely terrible

maybe you should dedicate more time to practicing than tripfagging on an user message board

Didn't watch but I agree that racking up 100k in debt to learn to play the cello at Juliars or something like that is stupid

You're an idiot in the strict sense of the word: you don't understand the unspoken rules that bind this place together, that's why you're rejected. user here gave you criticism and you didn't even thank him, so you're also a conceited little bitch who is too full of himself.

rude

>posted 20 minutes after the next general
>even references the other thread
>other thread gets deleted
>crazyfaga btfo

clapton truly is god, bros

also i feel like this cap might be relevant to the /gg/ civil war

Hi this is the user you linked to, don't call crazyaga an idiot, I have dealt with people like him before and all that does is make them defensive and make them less likely to listen to your opinions.

With regards to my criticism it wasn't much and I tried to be nice just pointing out the problems I noticed with my two months of guitar playing experience that's all so I don't think I deserve to be thanked for that.

>pointing out the problems I noticed with my two months of guitar playing experience

/gg/ in a nutshell

"le crazyaga can't shred because he strummed chords XD"

clyp.it/bwriei50

I play for 9 years and i'm genuinely good. get over it

The "unspoken rules" are not actual rules, but mere meaningless social pressure.

stop. it's embarrassing.

that fucking accent lmao

embarrassing for you maybe

9 years and you still play like that. are you clinically retarded

It was "shredding" of someone that shredding isn't even his thing

>i'm gonna show off my skills on /gg/
>best play a style that I'm not good at

you're the most stupid individual I've ever spoken to

Jesus man, you shouldn't be allowed near any kind of recording device.The worst thing is that you don't even realize your own mistakes, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this.

What's your point? shredding is soulless viva la slow music ? I agree but you can't into either don't embarass yourself anymore. Go find a teacher.

I'm not the most technical player, i had to choose something that displays technical ability, because it seems some people here maybe care more about my technical ability than my artistic merit

I had guitar teachers in the past.
I'm definitely at a point where i don't need any guitar teachers anymore.

The teachers here do not share my artistic vision

Shredding isn't anyone's thing, and never should be. Finger picking or something with a ton of effects seems more your style.

I know its hilarious isn't it.

I don't care about your anything

I just want attention seeking shitstirrers such as yourself to either de-trip and interact normally or fuck off

>Shredding
Come the fuck on