Hoe does one go about learning to program without knowing jack shit about the subject...

Hoe does one go about learning to program without knowing jack shit about the subject? Most of the resources I've found seem to require at least some amount background knowledge. I've seen stuff like codeacademy that is meant for total beginers but it stinks of noob trap. Don't know if it matters or not but my math knowledge extends to calculus III.

Other urls found in this thread:

edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's very easy to learn, the first step is to be autistic.

Hey retard, start with a fucking book. Ever heard of one of those?

Go for one of those "c++/Java for dummies" they should get you started

autists

Oh great I'm half way there then.

I've heard the Harvard online CS class is real good. It's free, just Google it.

?

Geekfag here. It depends on what you want to do.
-Web dev
-Games
-Form applications
Personally I would start with HTML and CSS in web dev. Then you can move onto JavaScript, this will help get you started. Most languages are similar, so JavaScript is a good place to start.

edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x

Well I'm an electrical engineering major so I'll have to cover at least c++ but I wanted to give myself a head start.

Stinks of noob trap? You are a noob so WTF are you complaining about?

If you have an iPad, install iOS 10 beta and use Swift Playground.

If it's something won't teach the basics very well or would make me develop bad habbits I'd rather avoid it.

Fuck man. C++ is one of the most complex languages I know. I would start with C# or Java before moving onto C++.

code academy and a book start out with basic programs and work your way up

i find the c# for dummies difficult to read

Easiest way to learn anything is to do it. You won't learn to program without writing programs.

I find the easiest beginner languages are ones that don't enforce typing, require object-oriented programming, require low-level memory management, etc. This way you can get the feel for if/then statements, loops, and basic logic without all the headache of understanding the underlying architecture.

JavaScript, Ti-BASIC, PHP, Perl,... pick one, look up a tutorial, do everything it says, then think to yourself "knowing what I know now, what could I build?" -- and try to build it. You'll run into roadblocks, and you just need to google it and find the answers.

1. start by doing it.
2. speak to someone that has been in the business for a while.
3. don't start with front-end tech, it's fucking shit and it willl make you a shit programmer.
4. c,c++,java or python.
5. you're someone who likes math, so go with python.

Arite thanks anons.

1.) Find a popular and well reviewed beginners book that has practice exercises.
2.) Practice (this is a requirement).
3.) ???
4.) Profit.

There are good online sources out there for tech subjects I'm sure, but they're unstructured as fuck as subject to a lot of inherent problems that are weeded out through publishing.

crossdressing allows for superhuman programming ability

Step 1: Be less of a retard.