Holy christ why do people care about literally anything pop musicians do or say?

Holy christ why do people care about literally anything pop musicians do or say?

pitchfork.com/tv/22-over-under/1911-charli-xcx-rates-virtual-reality-the-coffin-emoji-and-pitchfork/

I'm convinced its some writer from p4k spamming this board
fuk off

Because being "unpretentious", "simple" and "indifferent" is the new hip cool thing among the insecure, insincere masses who mask any genuine affection towards something with "irony". Which is why you have to follow pop idols, communicate in ironic memes and be casually "depressed".

How do I becomes as cool as Charli?

she looks like tim heidecker in that photo

That was pretty chill actually, except for the ohhhhhhh at the end. I'd like to see her interviewed while high once, think she would be funny in drugs.

no its cause the masses gave up on trying to figure out their fav artist on a deeper level
mac demarco made his career off this

more like Spagett

Its a reaction to the snobby elitism of the early to mid 00s. It'll course correct eventually.

This retard is one of the highest charting musicians, JLaw is one of the highest paid actors, and Trump is the next President of the US. Will it ever be cool to be smart again the way it's been cool to be dumb for my entire adult life?

>calling somebody a retard based on a interview for pitchfork dot com
clearly you are the genius

People like to listen to what the people they admire have to say. This isn't much different than watching a Thom Yorke interview so you can agree with his positions on climate change.

Well I don't really know her or have the means to give her an IQ test

>one of the highest charting musicians
she only had two billboard 100 song and she's slowly fading into obscurity, she's also aging like shit or she's just getting fat

Someone must tell her like to stop saying "like" like in every sentence like it's annoying as shit.

98% of this board has social anxiety that they wouldn't even be able to say two words during an interview

fuck off

She's 24 and she looks 30, at what point does talking and thinking like a 15 year old 90's mall bitch become embarrassing?

At least she has a nice accent

oi wot u on abowt u cheekee coont

Is she getting fat?

This. The pendulum swings back and forth. Things got too pretentious and we needed a dose of poptimism. Now it's gone overboard and we need some good ol' anti-corporate pretension again.

Except pretentiousness and earnestness aren't synonymous or mutually inclusive.

t. Marinafag

and people say Sup Forums isnt misogynistic...

Shut up Charli

shes gross and boring

they both suck

>Its a reaction to the snobby elitism of the early to mid 00s.

lol like what?