Vinyl Thread, post collections, fave records, etc

Vinyl Thread, post collections, fave records, etc.

some stuff i had lying around 1/3

2/3

rest of my collection is in old 7-up crates 3/3

user from the last thread
By the way the best part of my collection is most of them I only Paid a Dollar for and also i have a bucket full of 45s

nice. I only have a few 45s, most of them from the collection i was given. I did find some andrews sisters though (rum and coca cola and boogie woogie bugle boy).

cool I found a Monkees 45 I aint youre steppin stone/Im a believer

Nice find. I see loose 45's all over record stores, but theyre never that good.

this would be a cool wallpaper

guessing you don't like Kiss lol

haha I collect Kiss , Sinatra and Elvis

Well I found it in a box of Loose while most had their sleeves That one did not and While it plays ok its rough on the B side and has a Huge Gash in it some how it doesnt skip

>sinatra
my man. fave albums i own of his include Ring-a-ding ding, Sinatra's sinatra, might as well be swing, and that's life.

lucky. most of the loose ones i find are busted up and not worth a buck. i find a lot at goodwill.

yeah he's fun to collect because he has so many albums. In The Wee Small Hours < Come Dance With Me and Swing Easy are some favorites Ring A ding Ding is good

many a manly tear have been shed to wee small hours.

true indeed

yeah i saw Frampton Comes alive and it only had one of the two LPs and it angered me

loving these setups, man. where do you collect the figures?

ah man, that sucks.

Yeah While i do like Vinyl Most of my Collection is on my Computer i have 4297 albums as of now

oh damn. I just picked up a turntable for 20 bucks that'll turns my albums into files, but i need to buy a needle for it.

well thats neat but its really not that hard to do it just get standard High-end turntable and Pre-amp and then get a sound card that allows for Coaxial in or just get a RCA to 3.5mm and plug it in directly to the Line in on the back of the PC and Find some decent Software to help you get the Sound right it usually is a much better sounding file than an all in one Thing

sweet, i'll look into that. I have heard you need a program to at least clean them up a bit when using an all in one.

and from what ive read a lot of people tend to use Tube Pre amps to give the sound an even warmer sound

alright. I'll see how this one works and if it's not that great, I'll upgrade to a better sounding one.

Please tell me it's not a Crosley?

yes please tell us what it is

no, but i also have one of those. doesn't change to files though, but its portable so i just use it when im bringing vinyl places.

had to look at the model, it's a pyle plttb3u and im hoping its not a pyle of crap *ba dum tss*. if it is, ill sell it to my friend whos been looking for a player who doesn't know much about vinyl.

Oh yeah and another Issue i have with Vinyl at least for me is my floors are old so when i walk it cause it to skip and also my speakers vibrate the Turntable so i get bass feedback and it gets pretty Violent when i look at the woofers moving its scary stuff man

ah, i keep my setup downstairs on the brick flooring, so i dont get feedback.

yeah im moving back to my Parents house and ill be staying on our Back porch and its a solid slab of concrete so it wont be an issue for me any more

oh sweet deal. is it outside? covered porch?

yeah something like that its a normal room but the 3 outer walls are 50 windows

Bought the Royal Blood album and couldn't be morw dissatisfied

The pressing sucks or production failure but it sounds like shit

50% and aye Tripps

okay, yeah. I was gonna say an outdoor setup would be cool as long as you could move it inside real easy. that's what i do at parties.
I still like it, but it was definitely pressed weird. Sped up quite a bit from what the actual songs were.

Ten tonne skeleton is a fun song still

too lazy to take photos of my records...was broke and out of commission with record collecting for years but just came back to it now that I'm making good money again, but holy shit, records are expensive as fuck now. When I started collecting in the early 2000's, nobody wanted these fucking things, $15 was expensive for a record, now it's hip and $25-$30 for new record is normal. Oh well...

Loving my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Turntable with Acrylic Platter, Pro-Ject Pre-amp running through Blue Jean cables though. I certainly didn't have that set up in the early 2000's. Back then, it was much harder to find turntables, you had to get one from a thrift store and they always needed a new stylus which was even more impossible to find. Good Times.

yeah thats what i did at my Graduation Party i took my Turntable Receiver and speakers out side to the Garage and Blasted them until dark

oh yeah, better strangers is probably my fav, and awesome setup.
nice table. Records came back again, so you need to find a store or a goodwill that gives them out for normal prices. normal records i buy are 4 or 5 bucks and goodwill records can be hit or miss on quality and have a small quantity, but are usually 99 cents.
there's nothing like kicking back with buddies next to a fire pit with some vinyl playing.

well it was a more a memorial day party with my family but they also celebrated my Graduation and no fire it rained earlier that day and the wood was all wet

I've actually had a few good thrift store finds:

The Jam - In The City
The Jam - This is the Modern World
The Saints - (I'm) Stranded
The Only Ones - Baby's Got a Gun

Thrift store records were pretty much the only things I bought in my turntable-less life the past 5 years or so.

i mean im just speaking put of peersonal experience. its great for any occasion and is a great conversation piece.
yeah, i found some unbelievable finds at my goodwill after people bring in collections. 2 days after i decided to start looking for ring a ding ding it showed u for 99 cents. found plenty of nat king cole, dean martin and some others there. even white christmas by bing crosby.

i finally get why kevin's Police cover band is called "scrantonicity"

ah, i haven't heard it, but it's a great album.

yeah it was I never really knew how they would sound outside since they are designed for the inside of a house with the rear facing tweeters and such

ah okay. i use a couple of double 10" speakers and it sounds pretty good.

nice what Brand?

Just motorola, but they work real nice.

You people have the gayest taste in music... The jam ... Come on that's shit.. I got a bucket full of 45s ... Bunch of wannabe hipster faggots.. Eat a bag of dicks this thread blows dead dogs

I buy my records at the good will!! Fucking kek!!!

>the jam
>hipster

I grew up on punk music faggot. How is The Jam hipster? There's no DJ in the band.

well, show us what you got if you think it's better

ah nice
If you had read earlier Most of my music about 4000 albums worth is on my PC also i just think its cool to watch the thing spin its just interesting tech to me

I could go on but I'll just stop embarrassing you faggots now ... The jam =gay love making music

alright, buddy, enjoy your "amazing" taste in music.

Don't be mad cause cause your music collection is shit

well im ejoying this thread and so is everyone else but you. enjoy your shitty music, edgelord.

I enjoy having all of soft machine and quicksilver messenger service atm

Nice I like QMS