youtube.com/watch?v=mbY4R-o3ThE
rateyourmusic.com/list/jmarvin_/deep-emoe-cuts
rateyourmusic.com/list/jmarvin_/emoe-album-covers
youtube.com/watch?v=Gwx-QLJpksk
youtube.com/watch?v=-KUjSiNwixs
oldgray.bandcamp.com/album/dex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

emoe will never die

keep your eyes on emo.moe/ this winter....

Anyone snag this or the other snowing merch they made for the last show?

youtube.com/watch?v=ktzSuPR-mB8

One of the best songs I've heard in a really really long time. Going thru a breakup right now, this is so spot on.

ugh should i even bother listening to the new old gray?

oldgray.bandcamp.com/album/slow-burn

this is pathetic

alright

All skramz kids seem to be communists. Why? Is there something I'm missing?

Is it autism?

Listening now.

IT'S TOO
FUCKING

SHORT
H
O
R
T

youtube.com/watch?v=mbY4R-o3ThE

I don't want emoe to die

would you all prefer emo.moe to be a shareblog (of, naturally, emo and moe) or to be an interactive flowchart site

either way there would be a forum for community :3

two knights

I think this is the best emo album after American football and Snowing FYEB

fight me

It's fantastic. They sold out, but this album was outstanding.

>brave bird is kill
>eewale is pretty much kill
>pity sex is kill

why live tho

shareblog plz?

lmao no, its an enjoyable album but falls pretty middle of the pack, even for revival emo standards

been revisiting

its fucking great

dude i wanna die lmao

listened to this today
came out in Nov
i liked it
yeah

why not both?

I think flowcharts are at least a bit more useful and less attention seeking than just posting "here's something I listened to" over and over again.

thoughts on pic related?
i'm personally a fan. pretty solid album, prob not one of my favorites of 2016 but i like it

Does anyone have emoe charts other than the one posted above? that's the only one i've ever seen, would love to see more like it
Not sure if we have enough people interested for a proper blog desu but i would definitely be in it

what /emoe/ does minase listen to?

rateyourmusic.com/list/jmarvin_/deep-emoe-cuts
rateyourmusic.com/list/jmarvin_/emoe-album-covers

mite do both. i have other interested writers so we could do it

I have a math rock flowchart here. Not precisely /emoe/ but I think there is a lot of overlap.

i just wanna start an emo band lads...

Emo's been dead for years. The revival was great for a time, but now the scene is saturated with bands that either don't take themselves seriously enough and are just kind of a walking joke, or bands that take themselves way too seriously. It was nice for a scene to be so inclusive, but that "anyone can do this!" mentality was unfortunately to the detriment of the music. There was no bar of quality, no unifying mindset or ideal, no identity for it to take up, so the identity it did adopt from the major players in the early revival days was "twinkly riffs crying anime references". Not a single band can hold a candle to the big players like Snowing, Algernon and Empire! Empire! (and even E! E! has hit the shitter).

Absolutely not, Dads were trash people and made trash music.

but i still wanna start an emo band, lad

>Dads were trash people
Pretty much this.

Do it, it's not like you have any competition. Like half of every garage band started in the past five years has become an emo band by default.

Old Gray are the cringe ambassadors of emo. I've never heard shittier lyricism.

It's punk.

Seriously, why is Mom Jeans being viralled like crazy now?

/emoe/ revival

The emo revival is dead and the twinkledaddies killed it

The future lies in skramz

Follow me on fb. Search "make emo self deprecating again" for shit tier reviews and memes

what do u guys think of my shitty demo hhaha youtube.com/watch?v=Gwx-QLJpksk

Emo is fucking gay, kys

You're fucking gay. Fag.

what do you mean by this?

Why is torpids demo called Lincolnshire?

masterpiece uh?

any chance to get this album?? I just found it on youtube

Wrong

Though Skramz is great.

heres my progress

Is this fine?

>finds link to album
>instead of listening to it to form own opinion copies link to Sup Forums to ask if he should listen

???

its called a rhetorical question you fucking dip
i follow old gray on facebook they posted it there

>post question in discussion without expecting answer about an album
>post link to album without listening

this is some top tier autism

no one likes you

its great

I'd say check out Faraquet, Totorro, and The Speed of Sound in Seawater, which would be roughly in the vicinity of the left side of the chart, as well as Hella on the right side.

You should also hear the newer Battles record that isn't on this chart, La Di Da Di.

Uchu Conbini are not emo you braindead retard.

were there any good emo releases this year guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=-KUjSiNwixs

I always liked skramz more.

its about an experience in lincolnshire illinois

i didnt write the lyrics

literally false

Is there any emo-denpa music?
It should be attempted.

fat ugly

Look I get that American Football made you think all math rock = emo, but the genres really aren't synonymous. You're only making yourself look like you have the same knowledge as an 00s teen kid crying and cutting herself to Fallout Boy. You're an embarrasment. End your life.

>not being a teen girl that cuts herself to fallout boy

comfy threads but shit music desu

ive definitely listened to more emo and math than you lmao

This makes me so happy.
I thought the emo threads had died out and I need my annual comfy twinkly winter emo music

Uh-huh, that's truly relevant when you don't even know what the fucking genres are.

not him but you're retarded

its blatant math/post rock and I have no clue where you got emo from

The chick's vocals kind of remind me of Emo but their instrumentals aren't. OP's a fucktard.

"Emo" and "math rock" obviously describe different kinds of music, which is why they exist as different terms in the first place, but it's undeniable that there is a large subset of math rock that is also emo (and vice versa). Some math rock is more like post-hardcore and doesn't have a big overlap with emo, and some emo is trending towards pop or punk (or pop punk) and doesn't have much overlap with math rock.

Yet in the space where there is some overlap, such as the "twinkly" math rock, I think it makes sense to discuss it in this thread.

Can anyone rec me something similar to Everyone Everywhere?

but why would you want that

I liked both their albums a lot
what do you like?

Absolutely not. How does a twingly tone make something emo?

is it as gay as oldgray.bandcamp.com/album/dex ?

shut up you fuckin nerds

I'm saying TTNG is emo that is adjacent to math rock, while Drive Like Jehu is not.

>tfw no emo gf

>you will never rawr at a scene queen

That's funny, because TTNG are not emo, while Drive Like Jehu actually are. I'm not following your reasoning here.

TTNG are not emo and Drive Like Jehu arent emo as well and picking those two bands is funny

new hotelier, Jank, new Old Gray is alright

coma regalia put out some good shit

should emo.moe have a forum, or should the community action happen all in the comments? if it has a forum, should there even be post comments?

Best buds by Mom Jeans is tight as fuck

yes, run another dead forum

presumably this one would be better since it has an actual point beyond just being silly

>thinking people would actually post on your faggy anime emo forum

Just let emo fucking die already

i think you underestimate the amount of faggy emo/anime people, if the life of emoe threads in their heyday are anything to go by

i wanna die lol