What were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist Sup Forums?

What were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist Sup Forums?

>tfw god doesn't exist and you can't prove me wrong
>inb4 tips fedora
>inb4 im edgy
>inb4 im a neckbeard
>inb4 "OP can't inb4"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VnIH4gomOqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I believe in god so I can get into heaven if it exists

near death experiences are proof of an afterlife

But heaven doesn't exist. When you die you are reabsorbed into the Earth's crusf, you are not teleported to some magical paradise. Souls don't exist and you can't prove that they do.

>be 12 years old
>grade 7 field trip to old ass church
>bishop tells us if you dont pray to god every night you with rot in hell for eternity
>called him an idiot and a liar
>got kicked out of field trip

Pretty much what he said to us made me stop believing.

Nope, those are just hallucinations, and most "near death" experienced are people who weren't even clinically dead, their heart was still beating and they were dreaming.

I know but for the little chance there is

llke better I believe in it and just die
than not believing and it actually existing

Heathens
youtube.com/watch?v=VnIH4gomOqc

this type of mentality is pathetic. this is the same as saying, welp, i don't know if the fucking spaghetti monster exists or not, better to be safe than sorry by praying to him every night!

what do you mean by "little chance"? there is NO chance. there is no evidence of a god, heaven, satan, or hell WHATSOEVER.

Growing up in a secular county gods were never anything anyone brought up. It just doesn't exist.

Then why do people under the influence of hallucinogenics or air force pilots doing high-g force centrifuge training go through the exact same thing despite not being even nearly dead?

Kill yourself and then report back your findings then op

whatever, jeez

let me eat in peace

>i watched a video on youtube and i know everything now

nope, sorry. none of those facts are based on evidence whatsoever, they're just emotion.

if heaven exists good, i havent done anything bad enough to constitute me not going to heaven
if it doesnt, well it doesnt

I was 11 nigga, probably touching my dingdong waiting for it to grow bigger or some shit like that.

I was fucking a woman

asked dad why we don't got to church, he said because god doesnt exist

>no evidence
>therefore it cannot exist

what are you? 12?

Rare pic of OP.

*tips fedora*
sorry you edgy neckbeard, I believe

OP is one of those cool proud atheist. Just as bad as the crazy Christians

Watch out boys we got a live one

Ironically I was at Sunday School.

No, it's that we've already found evidence that directly disproves God and the paranormal.

Proof of a God will also be proof the Christian god does not exist.

>hit puberty
>growed brain
>growed logic

I'm not who you were replying to, but I'd like to point out the flaw in your thinking. Step off that high horse, first of all. Now, realize that the argument is not that no evidence = impossible. But no evidence does = no reason to believe it.

And there is evidence proving that they don't exist? You're extremely edgy OP. If that guy wants to be agnostic then let him, you can't act as though you have all of the answers to the universe. You're clearly not a scientist or someone that has knowledge of it. Is your explanation for something just "Lol math and scientist stuff, they know for me". Why don't you make your own decisions about what you want to believe and not infringe on others abilities to believe in something?

I was on my way home from vacation Bible school when I was 7

Links

Watching Myself vanish in a mirror.

^90% of the time^

I was sitting on Santas lap when he got a hard on. It was then that I realised that god is just some dirty old fucktard that abuses his power over the young and naïve ones.

sleezy m8, i'm sure "god" won't accept being cheezed

no shit

>there is no evidence of a god, heaven, satan, or hell WHATSOEVER
Why are you so stuck on Christianity? Heaven, Satan, and Hell are all relatively new concepts and have nothing to do with the existence of God. Even back before Christianity, Judaism had collected a few concepts (like the great flood) which really have nothing to do with the existence of God either. These concepts were social in design, not spiritual.

But the idea of God is different. The concept has remained relatively unchanged in countless religions, and people still have similar spiritual experiences which point them to God's existence. For such people, there is an abundance of proof.

Because their proof can't be shared (it's experiential in nature), it can't be evaluated scientifically. Yet, we're close. We can stimulate spiritual experiences in the bran using electricity or chemicals like DMT.

So if you have such a strong opinion on the subject, why haven't you had a spiritual experience yet?

I became a deist when I was in highschool. It really was the moment I thought about the subject for more than five minutes. I thought about the fact that there are many different religions and they cannot all be true. Then I learned about natural selection, and that's all she wrote. Agnostic atheism is the only defensible position.

Yes there is actually. In every single religion, God created the universe and everything in it instantly. This has been directly disproven by background microwave radiation and cosmological red shifts, which PROVE the big bang DID happen. Sorry faggot, guess you'll have to get over it.

Wew lad, feeling a little superior are ya? Why don't you let people think what they wanna think and get off your high horse.

I was fucking my nine year old wife aisha. I realised I could spout any old shite and say it was from the sky fairy.

"fight for me, get 72 virgins"

How's the eighth grade champ?

I was in Iraq pulling security when a crying woman shoved her dead infant into my face. She just wanted to bury it, we were not blocking her, but she wanted to make sure it was okay.
>if god was real, why would let terrible things happen to children?
>we are adults, we are responsoble for our own actions. But kids dont know any better and die all the time. Usually painfully.
>mothers drown their kids
>kids get sexually abused
>even the baby of a nigger is innocent
>a just and loving god woukd not permit children to get hurt in these ways.

>and if there is a god, and he knkws about all this but does nothing, I want no part in that

That's not sound logic either. user was just saying that this idea that there is objectively no god is edgy. If you can find the reason to substantiate why you don't believe in it, that's something you're entitled to, but why is that interpretation the only one that should be considered logical. Frankly, who really cares? OP's logic doesn't work because it can go both ways.

THERE'S NO EVIDENCE TO DISPROVE GOD THEREFORE HE EXISTS. THERE'S NO EVIDENCE TO PROVE GOD THEREFORE HE DOESN'T EXIST. Both are innately flawed so we really shouldn't rely on that system of belief. If you want to be atheist because you don't believe it is plausible or substantiated to believe anything else that's your decision, but find other logical systems that don't work against your own ideas.

Watch out boys we got a live cuck over here

spirits/souls and gods do not exist, sorry sweetheart

>be in 7th grade
>be riding bus home
>comtemplating deep questions
>reliaze god doesn't make sense
>still believe in fear for a while
>decide if god were real it would know that I don't truly believe
>decide to live life in accordance with what i believe, which is that god doesn't exist
>Athiest to this day

This

>if god was real, why would let terrible things happen to children?
Why did you. No criticism.

And apparently you can't read or understand nuanced points.

I stopped believing in god (I attended sunday school and went to a religious school) when a family friend, who happened to be the best person i knew, died of breast cancer. Destroyed her whole family. This initial reason was later backed up by logic and general education.

Being born.

>stop telling me im wrong, i can think whatever i want to!

The hormones are really acting up, aren't they. What did you just turn 14?
Many religious scripture compensates for the big bang theory as they are rather vague and still preserve room for science. Many Catholics I know still believe in science and can fit the big bang theory concept to align with their views.

Thank you. Finally someone who actually understands the difference between atheism and agnosticism.

Don't belive in Christianity...

the burden of proof lies on the believer

I think spirituality is good. Religion is someone's spirituality that gained massive popularity. Followers do not always find salvation within religion because they are not actively looking for spirituality in themselves. They take what is given, which is not enlightening or original.

You seem confused. All I said was that since there is no evidence for any god, it is not reasonable to really think such things really exist. I am not asserting that there is no god. I am simply not convinced

Turn it round. If you were an all powerful deity, why wouldn't you just... stop it?

Don't quote moral lessons and muh free will either, what about natural disasters that kill thousands, because?

This is the problem called theodicy.

being a christian is not cherry picking the things out of your religion that you want to believe. god doesn't exist.

Im not supposed to be all knowing and all powerful. I am not a god. If I was I would not allow this shit to happen anywhere to anyone.

but I do my best as a mere mortal. I am an athiest, but on all levels I am a good guy.

just finished with fucking the mother of God when it came across my mind that Jesus is not God and God doesn't exist. I was sad

Ah, I see. That response was more of a general response to the climate of the thread, but I understand your point. For the most part I myself am an agnostic that leans towards atheism, but I just can't stand the disdain that some people possess because they made a decision that feels right to themselves.

Religion is a beautiful thing that I can't wait to pass onto my children. But I will forever shun those vile and murderous trucks and will never have anything to do with them.

grew

Because I wanted you to watch.
How much better are you after what you have done.

When I was 5 and found my Christmas presents poorly hidden in a hallway.

Related, I also realised the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy were bullshit at the same time.

Christ was arguably the first Christian, and he and his disciples spent their lives cherry picking the things in Judaism they liked. Christians are taught to emulate Christ and his disciples. You might want to rethink your position.

Die filthy god lovers.

No, you're not. Why was that baby dead. Is it because people are good.

word. Then we have no significant disagreements. I am gonna go whack it now. peace

Christ was the only true Christian tbh. He found enlightenment for himself. Everyone else is copying him, not seeking spiritual enlightenment for themselves within themselves. Others cannot feel the things he felt

Better after watching the needless sufferings of thousands that I was powerless to prevent? No, if God exists it's time to storm heaven and make him explain himself.

I love it when religious people are bombarded with logic that they can't deny, then they formulate some Ad hoc explanation about how God and their religion can only be experienced by themselves therefor science cannot disprove it. An Ad hoc explanation is a logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is continually backed by things that cannot be disproven, such as claiming you cannot disprove god because he is spiritual. God doesn't exist, get over it religitards.

the retarded thing about people like OP is that they become just like the christian or any religion that presumes something with out really knowing...and OP is butthurt from christians. probably had a bad experience growing up. Something went wrong at sunday school for op and he's never been the same lol

jesus was a jew you retard

All human thinking and all logic is based on causality.
It is flawed since by definition the first ever action would have no "reason" as to why it occurred.
Means that this kind of logic can not explain existence at all.
Means that it is either wrong or not Universally true.
The way we think and use logic and reasoning is thereby most likely not universally true and can not be used to explain or dismiss this kind of Paradox.
But it dos imply that there was or is something that once did affect our universe without being part of our universe and without abiding the laws of causality.
This something fits basically the description of god, Omnipotent (can make stuff happen without a cause) Omnipresent(is not part of our universe jet can affect it).
However this dos not mean that this something is actually a god or that it has a mind or even that the creation of our universe was Intended.
But it dos mean that there is something that fits the description of a god and that could be considered a god.
The only thing we do still argue about it has actually some kind of consciousness or if it actions on our universe were merely random.

Did you read what I wrote, or are you just rehearsing platitudes?
The bible is quite vague in how the universe came to be, other than God created it, there isn't really an explanation. There's nothing wrong with Christians absorbing science into their beliefs. Even Issac Newton devoted more time to religious studies than science. Science is not some independent belief system.

If what you suppose is true then all Christians don't believe in medicine, because it's a form of science, and if science is a belief system then their religion can't allow that. Obviously that's not true. I myself am an atheist but why should we demean people that have relatively aligning views just because they want to believe in something that provides catharsis or security? Are you jealous you couldn't be naive enough to believe that or are you not secure enough with your own decision to allow others to possess one that conflicts with yours?

theres no logic is saying nothing made something. Its that simple

I wish I could show you the truth,
But I'm powerless to respond.

kek have fun dude

>Sitting in college philosophy class
>ask teacher why God must allow evil
>teacher does in depth explanation, references the role of animals several times
>absolutely no idea what she's talking about, realise dog is god spelt backwards
>no way of unkowing this, faith forever shattered

I obviously know he practiced Judaism
>he and his disciples spent their lives cherry picking the things in Judaism they liked
You're the one who's confused.

Stfu noob

Good for you. It baffles me how any sane adult can laugh about kids believing in the tooth fairy while they believe in god.

Pretty sure God exists since islam is proof that the devil exists.

when user thinks he knew jesus.... did you guys use to hang out? everything you say your so sure about yourself. which is characteristics of a retard

When I realized that literally only a billion or so people would be in heaven. Hell would basically be overflown

Exactly, so how was your God created then?

>inb4 nothing created god, he was just here

true

I was playing csgo till I found out that someone close to me had cancer

Maybe because he read the bible?

I was with you until you hinted that our failure to understand a first "action" means there is something we can call "god". It's silly to call it god because that encourages so much anthropomorphism which is unnecessary. If there simply must be an uncaused cause, it is certainly nothing like a human. If anything it is an anomaly in physics which is an interesting problem to be figured out. That is all

3 - me

What links? An article on the internet isn't gonna simply disprove God by itself.

Evolution for example, while not disproving God himself, proves an aspect of this fabled, all knowing book wrong, therefore not making it a source of universal knowledge anymore.

The Big Bang is an obvious one, since it was proven that the universe was once concentrated directly in one point. Since space-time didn't exist, God would not have had a time to live in or reside before The Big Bang occured. Such conditions can be emulated by getting near a black hole, time slows down, space gets warped.

Not to mention that before, we used to think actual physical Heaven was above us and Hell was below. Now we know it's the vacuum of space and molten rock.

Then you have supposed dragons, basilisks and creatures, obviously used as a fear tactic by The Church.

We've proven that The Bible is 80% false, but the part where it says 'God is real' we should still totally believe, right guys?

>inb4 le tip

Not just the bible. I've read many Hebrew texts as well. You might not know this, but the Jews are pretty good historians.

Have fun roasting in hell athicuck