>brawls a regular part of the game
>requires intense strength, agility, and hand-eye coordination

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ON_x-kYrZmY
youtube.com/watch?v=8i3-Qk7FNeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Goalie gear looks so fun to wear

Can't see the puck. What's the point

You know that this sport is ded when Johnathan Cheechoo decided top play a season for Medvescak in Croatia

>figure skating
>manly

this
it's a chore to watch because half the time idk what the fuck's going on and why should I care

It's actually quite boring when you think about how often teams turn the puck over and how many passes it takes before they actually shoot. Plus icing every time they miss

It's a good step above soccer but not close to basketball or football

>not close to basketnigger or cuckball

Heh, ok kid

kek pretty sure that's just cheechoo just being bad @ hockej

Yeah i like hockey. But roller hockey is better than the savagery that is ice hockey.
Is bullfighting tier ffs

youtube.com/watch?v=ON_x-kYrZmY

Dumb Europoors, you're not supposed to track the puck by looking at it

You're supposed to observe how the players react with their sticks and bodylanguage to track the puck

>tfw no rare Pulju folder on this computer

Delusions of a fucking leaf

Calling black people niggers won't make your micro penis magically grow

What If the player is faking the puck movement

>not being able to read the fakes as well

I apologize for my fellow Canadian posting this awful thread. Yes, hockey is great, but this OP is a faggot

>Basket''no parity''ball
>Foot''more ads than actual play''ball

Americaitlyns tastes ladies and gentlemen.

Wow. I did this naturally and now you just made me realize it.

>never had problems watching puck.

>figure skating

>lol

lurk more you fucking faggot

Nothing like a yuro to come and fag it up.

3rd best sport behind football and baseball.

>game is so boring they have to let players have WWE tier ""fights"" to make it interesting
a little too much semen slurping, though i guess still not as bad as divegrass

respect for hockey players but the sport needs some tweaking

too much dump and chase and board battles

they need to open up the play somehow like what they did with 3v3 OT

I bet you OP has literally dozens of video montages queued up to respond to hate ITT

what a loser

It is a ridiculous sport to be honest. It is a bit less boring than baseball though

> You're supposed to observe how the players react with their sticks and bodylanguage

All this sticks and body language observation: you love it uh ?

this desu. Watch some of the classic games from the 90s and you'll see a far more free flowing game than what we have now despite the two line pass being illegal.

Agreed but it won't come from rule or surface changes. The change will come from players becoming faster. One of the best players in the league is an 18 year old speed and skill autist.

pulju desu

You're retarded. Players getting faster means less room meaning more grinding shit. The difference between McDavid and the slowest player in the league (let's call him "Griffin Reinhart", just as an example) is much, much smaller than the difference between Paul Coffey and the slowest player in 1986

The main difference between the 90's and today are goalie pads getting unfairly bigger after the 04-05 lockout. Players stopped picking spots like they used to because there just isn't the room, and now just throw it on goal hoping for a rebound. Give it a few more years and they'll reduce pad sizes, while goalies in the league since 05 will have GOAT numbers relative to their skill level.

The players on the ice can see the puck... Are you saying the players should fake having the puck just to confuse a fat neckbeard sitting at home with cheetos on his face?

1. Hockey
2. Football

Massive fucking Powergap

3. Baseball
4. Basketball

Gap

5. Soccer

>most high speed and action packed
>alpha
>brawls a regular part of the game
>requires intense strength, agility, and hand-eye coordination

Bitch please... all of these things apply to Hurling as well, if not more so. It is the fastest grass game on the planet and is like 3000 years old. Its fast, constant action and it also requires a lot of skill.

Check this out if you're not convinced: youtube.com/watch?v=8i3-Qk7FNeQ

Pads haven't just got bigger, they've also become lighter. If goalie pads weighed the same per cubic inch as they did in the 80s then you wouldn't see the height explosion that has happened recently.

Another thing, shotblocking has become insane. Skaters today probably have better protection than goalies did in the 80s, ignoring their feet and hands. The normalization of shot blocking has had a drastic effect on the game. Originally it was something the bravest would do in the playoffs. Then it became something the dedicated would do in the playoffs. Then it became something expected to happen in the playoffs. Now, established players block shots in meaningless pre-season games.

Making shot blocking illegal in the goal crease would be a great change that restores the integrity of the game rather than bogging it down with gimmicks.

This looks neat, but there's something about hockey being insanely fast, full contact, and in such a confined space that makes it stand out from other ball and stick sports.

Yeh the compact space does make the action very concentrated, but I played both sports and even though Hockey is a bit more chaotic and hectic, Hurling is much harder to get good at and a bit more dangerous. You break fingers and get sticks to the shin or other body parts on a regular basis. Unless its something really serious. you're expected to walk it off.

> my clever names that don't mention a single thing about the sport itself will show him

I like playoff hockey but how does it feel knowing an Alabama spring football game got higher ratings than a hockey playoff game?

>popularity = greatness

Not upset

>The main difference between the 90's and today are goalie pads getting unfairly bigger after the 04-05 lockout

while pads are way too big and need to be drastically reduced, this is completely revisionist nonsense

the balloon started in the 90s, and the revolution in lightness/rigidity and box pads started pre-lockout. pads have reduced several times post-lockout but not nearly enough, while also being counteracted by other factors since the 2005-2008 scoring spike, like better technique, better training, better scouting, better defensive scheming, more shot-blocking, fewer power plays and a new generation of better goalies from around the world who are bred for this specific environment

It's really easy to track in-person.

Go watch an EIHL game if you happen to live near one of the teams. It's cheap as fuck and great fun to get blasted at.

Hockey is my favorite sport! Who would have thought a Floridian like myself would ever love it so much

>got his shirt over his head
>not unleashing a fury of blows

Blues dude was soft as shit

Baseball and handegg are the best team sports.

Tennis and Boxing (and chess) are the best one on one sports.

Everything else is gay and should only be watched if there is an international competition of it being held.

Can't wait to kick canadian ass in the world cup

All your best players are on Team NA lel

>being this young
he couldn't because his equipment was all tangled up, meanwhile Odjick's slips right off the way it was supposed to because of that specialized goon enforcer bullshit from the late-80s/90s. it's a huge advantage to have all your pads loose that way, and why it was rightfully outlawed

sure thing pleb. Literally cannot wait

way too chaotic and random

>he couldn't because his equipment was all tangled up,

also just as important is that he had nothing but skin to hold onto, while Odjick can grab jersey and pads. it's a complete mismatch to fight with tied down pads against someone who isn't in the same boat. Creighton really shouldn't had done it but Odjick was running around suckerpunching like a coward, losing 8-2, so he had to try

Agree

hockey is so good that:

>3 lockouts in 20 years
>sport still as popular as it has ever been
>even traditionalists like Don Cherry said the current year playoffs were among the best he's ever seen
>can't legislate for stoppages every 15 seconds, so less ads
>other sports being able to do this
>ever

absolute madman ray-ray

Blocking a slapshot with your toe hurts soo fucking much

aren't the fights scripted though like in wrestling?
looks like it desu

american idol gets even higher ratings, why dont you watch that

It's my second favourite sport after AFL, but all the games are on at annoying times so I rarely get the chance to watch. I want to go to a game when I visit North America.

>higher ratings=better quality
ah yes, soccer is a great sport

bait tier post

I'm being serious though
They look fake as fuck
Is this what is considered entertainment in America? I watch sports for goals not some figure skater fights

canacucks are fucking fags

>be me in the mid 2000s playing bantam rep hockey in northern BC
>scrum in front of net occurs
>teammate and guy on opposite team start throwing punches
>teammate is also boxer, KOs other guy in 5 seconds
>other guys dad is in the stands, starts yelling at teammate and trying to climb over the glass
>teammate skates over and tells him instead to fight his dad
>HEY DAD FIGHT THIS FUCK
>dead silence as the players, refs, and crowd watch my teammates dad run over to the other dad, pulling up his sleeves
>my teammates dad is also a boxer
>KOs him
>our bench goes fucking wild
>we end up winning 8-0

didn't happen

i have posted that story here before

You would know faggot

I'd like to point out that I never said spring football was better than hockey, but your sport is less relevant