Gun discussion

gun discussion
general gun thread
guns you like or don't like etc.
go!

Go to /k/ faggot

so your plan is to preserve Sup Forums into the fbfap threads, rollthreads, bananaposts, and all the other stupid shit that gets posted 10,000x a day?
you want to squelch real discussion?

how about you fuck off?

Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 for first pump action?

I am thinking mossberg 500 for myself after I have heard tales of remington post-2000 having poor production and quality control

glock 19 for edc.. i like my ruger 10/22 , 22/45 , and gunsite scout .308

Worst gun is the mosin 91/30.
complete russian shit, even more shit then their usual shitty shit

I've heard similar things about the remmington but I've tried out both and I really don't like the safety on the mossberg.
I'm leaning towards finding a pre 2000 Remmy since I found it more comfortable.

>Bark River knife
Why?

Yeah I was thinking remington at first as they have a reputation of being one of the oldest rifle manufacturers in US but after hearing about issues with newer models and that the company has sold out to jews (accounting for poor quality control) that has changed my mind a bit
I also want to pick up an older gun that has been broken in so to speak. something that has been cared for that I can get a nice deal on

time for a dumb question from one of the local europoors.... anyways, bros i see many of my amerifat pals telling me that a shotgun is the best weapon for home defense. now, i know know next to nothing about firearms (obviously!), but wouldn't a shotgun blow a giant hole in a person and or hole in the wall and be a bit too powerful and messy*?

* - i realise nothing is powerful enough when it comes to killing motherfuckers, and that racking the slide (see, i have no idea) sound could make them run off.

Depends on what you're loading it with.
A lot of folks in built up areas load with bird shot (tiny pellets) so it will fuck up a burglar at close range but won't keep travelling through walls.
That's why so many prefer shotguns to rifles for HD

>but wouldn't a shotgun blow a giant hole in a person and or hole in the wall
yes and no. shotguns are very versatile (in other words forgiving) for what type of ammunition you want to fire. for example you can have birdshot, buckshot, slugs etc. all different types of ammo for different types of purposes.
in a broad generalization think of the slug as the hard shot that will blow through an animal and or/wall while birdshot is on the weaker end with a wide spread but less penetration
>and that racking the slide (see, i have no idea) sound could make them run off.
this happens in movies and tv... not recommended for actual happenings

huh it's almost like there's so much interest in firearms, Sup Forums should make some thing, some other place, kinda like Sup Forums, but really just for guns and so forth. I wonder how that would work... I wonder what it should be called....

coz bark river makes great knives using awesome steels? such as cpm s35vn ..

It's almost like there are boards on Sup Forums where someone can post anything and everything random and any traffic that would like to hold discussion on said topic is welcome... I wonder what that place would be like. probably full of funny bananas and shit

Racking your gun seems like it'll be intimidating because Hollywood but the reality is you're just giving Tyrone that split second to spin around and unload a couple in your direction before you're ready to fire.

Benelli M4 is the gold standard in semi-auto shottys

Sounds neat. I've seen/heard too many horror stories about blades failing and shit tier customer service though.
You actually use that thing or just carry it so you've got something sharp just in case? It looks pretty new.

I enjoy the M1911, father had one from an early age, and when i bought mine i really enjoyed it. Got a conversion kit and i could switch from .22 to .45, as in my state ammo got a bit pricey, whats y'all opinions on the 1911.

ahhh thank you bros that makes sense, i just assumed shotguns fired a lot of pellets and didn't know about other types of stuff for it. i'm just used to see guns in movies/tv and all i see is a shotgun either blowing people away and them flying backwards, or cops using them to shoot the hinges off a door and knocking it down.

Here ya go, left is bird shot, right is a rifled 1oz slug, then a bunch of stuff inbetween.
I'm a fan of buck & ball rounds. 9x00 buckshot pellets on top of a solid 58 cal bal

Solid gun, solid history, solid abilities. Can't go wrong. While there may be other better options, a 1911 always has a place.

tyvm bro. i take it the birdshot would hurt like hell but not kill me if i was unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of it?

Birdshot will blow a hole in you point blank and kill you at the opposite side of the room. It just won't make it into the neighbors house like a bullet would.

make no mistake that birdshot is capable of taking down person up to a medium sized game but is more likely to wound or maim which is why people recommend some for home defense. of course there will always be sadists who say go for the double buckshot and so forth