Where does it fall in their discography?

Where does it fall in their discography?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/32743988
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The beginning of the decline

At times I think it's their best, but then I listen to Feels and wonder why I ever thought that.

that's a pretty contrarian opinion there user

Their only perfect record

It's their "I Care Because You Do". Coherent, flavored, and idiosyncratic.

their only album with no filler, for one
person pitch doesn't count

part of the 4 streak of perfection that started with Sung Tongs

listening to prospect hummer and sung tongs smoked a fat blunt let's go boys

Feels has Daffy Duck though

Yeah, one of the best tracks on the album?

Worst song is the last track objectively.

As the 6th album

I think it's their best. It's weird though, I think AnCo is one of those artists that for a while put out consistently great albums (basically Sung Tongs - MPP) with some songs that are basically perfection but never really an amazing album.

agreed. that 4 streak of albums is all GREAT (i'd give them all 8/10) but never perfect or special.

pretty much

Dang you guys are so cool and different

big if true

But it's not?

It was productive but ultimately was only great because they made retarded shit work really well. This album and their last two fall into this category. MPP, SGOSTV, and Feels are where they nail everything the best without going out of their way to make it hard to listen to. and this is coming from a huge AnCo fan.

Fireworks is a great fuckin song

vimeo.com/32743988

This is better than the album version IMO

What did you find was hard to listen to on SJ? How is it more "hard to listen to" than STGSTV?

reverend green is their best song ez

I mean starting the album off with Peacebone is enough of a statement to that effect, I think.

STGSTV is very hard to listen to but the process of moving past that and discovering the beauty in the album is very fulfilling.

I personally did not have the same experience with this album. #1 is the only song that I felt really grew on me despite it's weirdness. The rest of it was either very good and easy to listen to, or weird for the sake of being weird without having the emotional depth to back it up. Unsolved Mysteries, Peacebone, Winter Wonderland, Safer... even Derek, while emotional, isn't that rewarding for me. Idk i'm sure you had a different experience. But there isn't enough payoff for searching through these songs.

Okay, it's the 7th

STGSTV and SJ are not hard to listen to

Unless you are already desensitized to harsh music, they are hard to listen to at first.

MPP was way harder for me to get into at first because of the reverby and spacey feeling. All early AnCo clicks immediately if you're not a phony tryhard who intellectualizes it