What is your opinion on tipping?

What is your opinion on tipping?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A LOT of the money made from being a waitress comes from tips... At least this is true in America.

This.
If you don't tip in America, you're a cheap piece of shit. If you don't tip where they're paid a livable wage, the food is priced accordingly anyway.

Sorry, your point?

Too fucking bad, I'm not your boss, I'm not paying your fucking salary, all I want is my fucking food. You put a price on the food and then ask me to give you MORE MONEY? Go fuck yourself

His point is that the employer makes up the difference, if you don't want to rely on tips which you may not get, don't be a fucking waiter

I always tip 20% minimum. Only classless cheap fags and niggers don't tip.

>paying some one extra to literally keep a glass full and transport food 15 feet away

nah

I tip if I really like the waiter and they were good, but the fucking pizza guy can go shove it up his ass. Go work at McDonald's if you want more money.

Then you're a moron not Mr. Moneybags. The point of tipping is to reflect good service, if you give 20% for shitty service you're a fucking retard, not generous

Our country has a minimum wage, so tipping is an optional extra. I tip my barista when I pay cash, but she makes the best double shot flat white in Wellington, if not the world. (I'm not even joking, this is actually my opinion, she is so goddamn consistently amazing, CHINA STRONG)

I rarely go to restaurants etc, but when I do the service is usually pretty poor. Typical schoolkid waiters doing the bare minimum to finish their shift, why would I tip that?

I have been to a few five star restaurants and steak houses. The difference is night and day. The waiters are actually on hand then entire meal, do things without asking, you know. The real deal. I tip these.

Im poor financially and unemployed. Its not my job to pay your wage its your bosses. Dont expect me to do math while im out for a leisurely meal.

I give good tips; things like "Get a real job" and "Tell the chef to buy better steak."

its a reward for good service, or if she is hot

the only reason i tip most of the time is so i dont feel like an asshole. i don't mind tipping for quality service, but tipping out of expectation is a horrible practice, and I cannot believe resturaunt owners can pay employees well below minimum wage because the tippers will make up for it.

My nigga

I don't tip.

If your employer hires you at less-than-minimum wage, you're an idiot.

I'm not going to subsidize your income. You should get a job at a livable wage.

>Im poor financially and unemployed.
>im out for a leisurely meal.

>Dont expect me to do math

Goddamn no wonder you're poor and unemployed. You're stupid as shit with a spending problem.

if you don't want to tip then don't go somewhere that it's expected of you

there's plenty of places and services that don't involve tipping

So the poor cant have one respit?

Only tip if you had a GREAT night.
>Says the guy that works in the kitchen.

I'm not a waiter, but the way I see it; if you don't tip, don't be a whiney faggot and expect exceptional service. They're getting paid wether your dumbass is happy or not. If you "can't afford to tip" take you broke was to the store a buy top ramen.

i tip 22% at the bar here in canada which i guess is on the high side?

but i work in trades and do better than the servers ive befriended so it doesn't really eat much into my finances

i dunno, if i wanna drink cheap i drink at home

Several states do not have a different minimum wage for tipped jobs. I don't know why this hasn't been adopted everywhere else.

Also, if you're a server in Alaska, California, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, or Washington, and you expect a 20% tip for average service, go fuck yourself.

if you were actually poor you either would understand how shitty it is to not tip or not be able to afford going to a restaurant

>What is your opinion on tipping?

It's the most economically efficient means of payment and gives us the opportunity to provide for our fellow man and truly be my brother's keeper.

It's a wonderful tradition.

I've noticed it's not as big a deal as in Murrica -- the East Asians are sometimes insulted at it -- but the Murrican way was usually to provide for people in need w/o gubmint intervention.

Tip people!

Expected, implying it's mandatory.

Although I am someone who tips, this is the dumbest fucking thing I've heard. It is a luxury to get tipped, hence minimum wage laws. Social norms doesn't mean expectation. Again, no one forces someone to be a waiter, unless you go above and beyond don't expect 20% tip.

>order four lobsters at a table at $50.00 each. Owe the waiter a 20 dollar tip for bringing out four plates. Fuck that

unemployed is not the same as poor

Wanna learn how to be a cheapskate and not get spit in your food when you return to the restaurant? Just tip a very low percentage and write the following on the receipt: "Excellent service and a good meal, just struggling to make ends meet. I hope you understand."

you go there knowing it's going to be part of the cost

if you don't want to tip then make it yourself or get takeout or something that doesn't involve being serviced you fat jewish fuck

Who goes to a restaurant often enough they would recognize you?

The service is already included in the cost.
we still get paid, get over it.

jews

That's where you're wrong dipshit, tip isn't built on to a bill unless it is a party size stipulation. And no, if I am supporting a business that is clearly making money off the food alone then you can go fuck your self I will eat where I want and the business will be happy to have me, tip or not. You do great service you will get a tip, if not find a new fucking job and don't expect others money for bringing out plates of food once or twice (which you're getting paid from your boss for anyway). I'm glad you don't run the economy..

Do this too often at the same place and you will get more than just food on your plate .. more protein than you ordered, etc... yum yum eat up!

this is stupod
pay a living wage and people feel ownership of their work
simple as that
stop keeping your brothers down

>get over it.

You're the one trying to come up with reasons why you're not a cheapskate

You're the same as kids who brag about pirating. Why? If it was really not a problem and so easily justified you wouldn't need to defend that kind of behaviour.

and more than that how can you say you're "struggling to makes ends meet" when you're at a restaurant enough that they recognize you?

I'll tip 20% for decent service. I will not go to any of the restaraunts in Providence RI that have a no tipping policy and then add a percentage to your bill anyway that gets pooled and split among the help. I'm guessing everyone gets an equal share wether you're a hard worker or a fuck off.

If I write on the receipt that I want my tip to go to a specific person, and not split amongst the staff, is it likely that the person will receive all of that tip?

>serviced
>job equivalent of a box on wheels you pull with a rope from the kitchen

You're also on here, so you have time on your hands to fix the "poor" problem.

don't go there if you don't like it

do you want to cry about getting kicked out of the theater for vaping too?

I used to recognize certain customers just by the order on the ticket, no face needed. And restaurant people party together, and enjoy gossip. It's a smaller world than you might think.

As a waiter. I loved tips. People are nice if you provide good service. That being said the biggest tip I got was a party of 8-10 people and the guy who paid, gave me $170. I actually brought him to the side and explained to him that the tip was included in the check (gratuity) and he might have given me too much by mistake.
Dude just smiled and said "good service, good tip"

People used to get tipped before the meal to ensure good service. Now ill ask for a refill for my soda. They leave with my cup and come back 15 min later FORGOT my refill and have the wrong order. Then get all pissy faced when I leave 2bucks.

don't work there if you don't like not getting tipped

I know for a fact that you've swallowed my cum, how's it tast cumdump?

waitress is like the #1 most common job for women who don't go to college
"Don't be a waitress then." is the shittiest excuse for not tipping there is.

Get the fuck out of here with your commie bullshit. You feel good about work that isn't LITERALLY A JOB YOU START WHEN YOU HAVE NO OTHER SKILLS.

Servers deserve nothing. If they go above and beyond and create a great dining experience they get a tip. Otherwise gtfo.

I almost always tip well, 25-30%, unless service was really terrible - mainly to make up for the shitbirds out there who tip poorly or not all.

I'll tip a reasonable amount. Usually not a percentage, but enough that I don't feel like a dick and my waiter doesn't put the sheenie curse on me when I leave. But I will never leave a tip if they get pooled and split up. And if gratuity is automatically added to the bill, I will never tip extra.

Yes because college or waitressing is their only options, gtfo troll

You sound like an asshole and I feel like punching your nose.

Tipping is a scam for businesses to get away with under paying their employees.

No. The boss won't give a shit. He typically gets some of that money too

I hunt my own meal down. Only milk drinkers require someone to bring their mead or meat.

Dont eat there if you dont like ejaculate and saliva in your food

I make 8.50 an hour plus tips. Worked 6 hours today and made $55 bucks on tips.

good luck being a faggot all your life

I hate that people think they deserve a tip and get mad when they don't get one. A tip is supposed to be a reward for excellent service. I only tip they you did a good job serving me

>pay a living wage and people feel ownership of their work

Tipping provides incentives for top notch service beyond just wait-staff.

Ex: cook screws up order twice, waitress went back and screamed at him for "messing up muh tip".

Moreover, pride of ownership is enhanced when they do a good job and get a good tip as a result. It's direct feedback from those in the know.

>being this much of a poorfag

fucking pleb smh tbh fam

It wouldn't be the most fucking common if dipshits like you didn't pay them the same amount they'd make with a job they would get from going through college for bringing out four fucking plates you moron.

Besides the trend is going to eliminate the dumb fucking job anyway. Either robotic type systems or pick up at the counter type services.

Tipping is really a way for the server's employer to cheap the fuck out and expect me to make up the difference.

I tip generously anyway, because I'm somewhat of a richfag and I feel sorry for them running around making $2.13 an hour.

>projecting

Faggot

sorry im not a poorfag who goes to restaurants that emply niggers so i don't have to worry about that
>this faggot thinks mcdonalds is a restaurant

A- I'm not the same guy.
and B - I'm not trying to come up with anything, you idiot.
I work in a resto, so I know what's goin on in a kitchen, im not fucking gonna eat outside werido.
Beside we still get paid.

In general, this guy is a liberal faggot, but basically this is my opinion on tipping

youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k

>projecting
>doesn't know what the means only repeats what he sees on Sup Forums
could you be even more empty?

> pick up at the counter type services

That's called fast food

Get a real job.

>An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone
>implying

Hah this is why you're arguing in this thread, no there are sit down fancy restaurants that do mainly raw bars and other kitchen cooked meals.

>thread full of waiters and waitresses mad at their life decisions

What's your job user?

The US is such a shit country.

>2016
>homosexuality is an issue
now who's projecting

I tip 30% to feel better about myself.
If I can make someone's day a bit better, I will. If someone is exceptionally rude or keeps fucking up, I inform them. If they refuse to adjust course, they receive no tip. Only those who are obviously new or overworked are excused from the accident rule. It's about having a correct moral compass, not wether the manager underpays or the job is shitty. If people had an option, you wouldn't have servers anywhere.

I don't tip. Like a bro posted earlier in this thread, e.ployer makes up difference if you don't hit minimum wage. Tipping only supports greedy ass restaurant owners who are fucking rich enough without being subsidized through their employees.

>spending money when you don't have to, to please someone you don't even know or care about
Fucking retards.

Why would you tip 40% for four lobsters? Isn't 20% enough (hint 10 $ total, 2,5 pr person)

most of the thread is actually NEETs who are trying to justify how they're so above entering the workforce

>calls me a fag
>NO WAIT ITS OK BEING A FAG
kek kys faggot

THIS guy gets it!
Most of the cheap ass fucks here cant see past their nose, yet alone how others live, earn or whatever

I'm going to let you mull over your math and your implied percentage I did not list on the bill

okay so, if the employer has to make up the difference then does it even matter if we tip or not?

will they still be getting their money at the end of the night?

Or if you're a family it's the same amount coming from the family you retard

as a former tip-paid employee who was admittedly shitty enough to regularly make under min wage in tips, I found that many employers simply reported their employee's tips as making up the difference regardless of the actual tip amount, and since I live in an at will employment state, anyone who brought it up was terminated without a given reason within a week.

>kek
>kys

In most states, due to under reporting of tips, servers are required to report an "average" tip amount. Even if you don't tip them, they have to say they were tipped.

Yes they will get the tip from the employer- the person who should be paying their fucking wages. Tips are meant for servers not so their employers can get away with paying 2.13 an hour, thats bullshit. I don't tip so as to make a political statement.

what you're really doing is bribing them so they don't spit in your food next time you come in.

also if they are over tipped they report an average tip amount

In California, everyone makes minimum wage. There is no such thing as getting paid less and the employer makes up the difference. They GET minimum wage regardless.
So with no pity-factor of them getting paid less, and knowing that mandatory tipping was created from prohibition and employers screwing over their servers, my actions reflect those of Mr. Pink.
*playing the worlds smallest violin*

I just don't understand how fucking poor you have to be to be objecting to giving someone an extra 5-10$ based on the fact that you think them getting paid 7$ an hour is sufficient.

Unless they are delivering something via vehicle then no. You might as well tip your garbage man, and any other person you come across for doing their job you autistic cucks.

>if the employer has to make up the difference

Do they?

Anyway in most places minimum wage isn't a livable income