These guys can't play their instruments for shit and the singing is awful...

These guys can't play their instruments for shit and the singing is awful, can someone explain to me what's the appeal of this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bx48npNkabM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sha la la la la la la laaaaaa laaaaaaa

I don't know. It's really just lifestyle music for gangling white teenage boys. There's not any more to it than that.

I hate ppl who praise Malkmus as a guitarist when his guitar playing is the most "just kinda there" sounding thing in history. nothing he does stands out as good, or bad, or particularly catchy, or interesting, etc.

meandering garbage

Fuck off Pavement is great

Pavement its a incredible band, Malkmus its one of the greatest guitarrist in the 90's, and Slanted and enchanted its better than Ok computer

user i feel your pain, this album is fucking dull, other than the second track and the song "Here". I fucking hated it and i dont get why it's praised, its dull, shit, fucking shit, and whoever likes it is a fucking gay pleb who can fuck off. Anyway. i tell ya what, this band is extinct for a reason, this type of music has morphed, yes, it has morphed. Mac Demarco is now making music like this and its called "indie pop fucking shit" so whoever like this and mac demarco, GO FUCKYERSELF.

>I'M TRYING IM TRYING IM TRYING IM TRYING IM TRYING IM TRYING I'LL TRY.

Just listen to this instead.

You're probably one of those guys who says they like aphex twin but that their favorite band is The killers or Muse. Although you're right to say that Mac Demarco its shit.

its popular because its easy to copy so the fans can imagine themselves making this music without putting in the effort

2nd verse of Stereo is the only good thing they ever did

stephen malkmus is a genius. deal with it.

wrong album but Gold Soundz is the best song of the 90's

A lot of critics and musicians call it one of the best of the 90s and highly Influential. Your opinion is garbage just like your music taste you faggot

If Mark saw this thread he'd be pleased. Pavement is a fucking ripoff gimmick band
youtu.be/Bx48npNkabM

This.

>CR better than SE
end your fucking life

Mark is a fuckin retarded attetion whore. Pavement sounds nothing like Fall

it's a fun and catchy pop rock album with a handful of distortion

>These guys can't play their instruments for shit and the singing is awful
>lmao

I'm the only one who laughs
At your jokes when they are so bad

Okay, OP here, ever since I posted this thread I've been listening non-stop and I realized this album is catchy as shit. Also on paper the melodies are pretty good but it seems like these guys were not giving a fuck when executing them. Is that the appeal of it? I guess I can understand. Summer Babe is a great song but I still can't warm up to the rest other than the lyrics.

that is the appeal to me, yes. pavement are the only band I can think of who sound like pavement. even their later records, tho less so than their debut, sound like bored stoners in a garage who accidentally stumbled across some of the most emotional/tender or passionate/visceral melodies i've ever heard and performed them as best as they could. i would never want to hear their songs dressed up or sung "well" and that's coming from a guy who usually takes execution very seriously and mostly enjoys polished works.

I ususally just listen to Summer Babe and Trigger Cut and then stop. CRCR is much better.