Any Hitchcock experts here? What are they drinking in this scene in Vertigo?

Any Hitchcock experts here? What are they drinking in this scene in Vertigo?

hitchcock is (literally) the most overrated director ever, go back to r3dd0t

Hitchcock is simply womanshit disguised as charming-core with expert level suspense. Similar tier as Stephen King.

Obviously bourbon.

watermelon four loko

Piss

But their drinks look fizzy, I thought it might be Coke with something, or just Coke on the rocks. Or maybe something alcoholic with soda.

I can't go back to a place I've never been at before.

I think I have found an answer later in the film.

Holy shit what a twist! I bet it was crazy in 1958.

wait you're just watching it now? pretty underrated twist desu.

this

>Coke on the rocks

Jesus reddit just stop

highballs. it's always a highball in old movies

Yeah watching it right now. 10 min till the end. Very impressive for 1958.

tell me your reaction to the end

I honestly didn't get how this is "a masterpiece" of some sort. James Stewart was awful in it, and the delivery of the twist half an hour to the end made the rest of the movie a drag.
Rear Window and Psycho were better in every way.
I don't mean to say it's bad, it has a good compelling story, the direction is good and the soundtrack is gorgeous, but it's too dated, like most of Hitchcock's work. I'd still give it a 7/10, though.

Just finished it. Another unexpected twist in the end, actually partially expected, because earlier today I've read this thread
>
And read that she will jump, so I kinda expected 2nd jump in the end. Overall very impressive for 1958, I have a feeling that it was one of the first, if not the first film in history with crazy unexpected twists, so I believe it bombed in 1958, or maybe instead was too ahead of time and started to be considered as one of the greatest only later. Again, today there are stronger twists in films, but since it's 958 film I can easily see it's importance. And overall the pacing was good, the film felt very modern, like a film from 70s or even 90s. So it aged very good. I enjoyed it.

Yeah and also it felt similar to Chinatown, though Chinatown came out later. If I were to rate Vertigo I'd say it's 10/10.

Also tips fedora

I thought the whole scheme the guy used was really over the top, to go such extent just to get rid of your wife. And why did the girl decide to an hero anyway? Just because the nun stumbled upon them?

Based Bret. I just love the guy. Some of his later work is of questionable quality ( The Canyons anyone), but wow what an amazing knowledge in film, music and literature. His podcast is fuckin' great, although lately he is getting a little boring with sjw bashing all the time no matter how right he is.