How can Marvel even compete?

How can Marvel even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/05/09/captain-america-civil-war-shows-exactly-why-batman-v-superman-failed/#1478e4ef46bb
youtube.com/watch?v=m7UuN1XZ1y4
youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6F2UOjOI8
youtube.com/watch?v=78N2SP6JFaI
youtube.com/watch?v=BHyO8ztfE8k
youtube.com/watch?v=htY2RyWNriM
youtube.com/watch?v=gouq9_TbSe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

marvel & DC are BOT nuevo-culture bar-lowered shit-content-pushers. they're both idly entertaining the absolute scum of movie audiences with their frivolous movies. what about BADASS MAVERICKS like TIM BURTON? remember that intelligent individual? shit, man, he had a warehouse of specialfx goodies that they drew from, they'd build some awesome stuff on his own accord cause he's a fucking genius. and then they'd get some A-list actors, roll the cameras and MAKE FILMS. THAT'S the VIBE, man. THAT'S where it was AT. not these two culture-demon coorporations making green screen movies from writers stuck in their phony dusty pseudo-retro dying-corners. look at the fucking goof spiderman in the trailer. barging into the trailer for views. that's not my hero. shouldn't be anyone's hero. losers you people are

you didn't go to film school, you went to films

Is this a new pasta?

Does marvel even have a single memorable story/scene/score from one of their films released in the past 10 years?

Watchmen shouldn't count as DC since Alan Moore does his own thing and doesn't adhere to whatever nonsense DC does.

Also Marvel > DC and you know it, brah.

When they fucked you're mom in the asshole

Obligatory

DC
>interesting concepts for standalone, non franchise films that are sure to piss off fanboys
>decent execution (sometimes great, see Watchmen)

Marvel
>bland concepts for superhero flicks that are sure to please fanboys
>great execution

Huh I wonder why Marvel consistently does better at the box office.

Man of Steel shouldn't have been a Superman movie, it was just a movie about an alien who comes to Earth and tries to protect it from one of the last survivors of his homeworld, it would have been amazing and probably better received. BvS could have invented a new, different set of characters, Watchmen style.

may as well photoshop this image to put chris evans at the top

>this level of delusion

I guess they'll just have to console themselves with money and critical success bro.

>company wars
>brand loyalty

kill yourself

Stay mad DCucks

here's your (You)

>the symbol of hope for all humanity
Except he destroys a major city in his first fight and every smart human on Earth is afraid of him.

I didn't bother reading the rest. Troll better.

>caring about comic book movies

please stop

mUH PHILOSOPHY MUH NOLAN-ESQUE DIRECTOR M-M-MUH CHRIST IMAGERY

That's not an answer

:>

youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs
this senpai

You DCucks are just getting sad now.

Troll attempt or not, that's exactly how I feel about the marvel films vs the DC films we've seen so far.

Every Marvel film feels like it could be an episode of Buffy with a few character changes. Not even pivotal episodes for the most part, just standard mid-season.

It's not bad, but it's not great either.

from a pretentious prick who opts for vastly superior shounen manga; so what ? marvel's appeal and charm lies in its simplicity.

You pathetic bitch. Do you need to ask permission or affirmation on whether or not you should copy and paste this later because you like it, and turned it into such? Fuckin baby man bitch boy.

>>A reading from St. Cap's Letters to the Avengers

>16 And so God loved the world that he sent capekino to the masses in the form of the one true Franchise

>17 As for all the masses have received the Cape kino from God, they suddenly talk in quip language now and lo! All of them became so joyful and laughing.

>18 And so at that day The Evan apostles was born, and all the non believer will be turned into DCuck and be damned to be thrown into the deep darkness.

>19 as the Dcucks became the heretic, there's only Doomsday await for them.

>20 the Doomsday will come in the form of a beast that wrecked all of their world, at that time not even their cry for their fake god "Snyder" or st. Martha could save them.

By making movies which have coherent stories, character motivations that make sense and don't need teaser trailers in the middle of the movies to introduce the characters of the following movies.

BOTH ARE GARBAGE, CAPESHIT IS GARBAGE, FUCK YOU NORMIES GET THE FUUUUCK OUT OF MY Sup Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Watchmen shouldn't count as DC
>used DC characters from the charlton universe

Here's your (You)

>By making movies which have coherent stories

pretty much. at the end of the day the truth about BvS is that Snyder chewed more than he could swallow. a move capable director could have pulled it off.

Every time i come to a thread like this im amazed even more by how stupid little sheep marvel fags are, oh well...

It must be hard to be a DC fan

Man of Steel would have been amazing without STOP INVINCIBLE SON

This.

We don't need to reply to DC shitpost like this,
Marvelbros.

Show that we're more coolheaded than them.

Just ignore it, it will end up in the archive anyway.

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

>DCucks

not even once

forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/05/09/captain-america-civil-war-shows-exactly-why-batman-v-superman-failed/#1478e4ef46bb

with that question? We all know you dont need one, kiddo

The summary for MoS is wrong by the second fucking sentence. He was travelling the earth because his Dad died and he lost his direction, he only bothers to look for spaceships by the time the country he was born in, lucky for him, finds one.
>Watchmen
>Heroes are shut down by the Government
Except all of them got to keep their hero shit and most of them keep doing it anyway. The main story is rendered pointless, Ozzy's plan really only needed to get Manhattan on board which he does at the end anyway. The more interesting story was the fall of the original watchmen that we basically get in slow mo still shots.
>BvS
This is an over exaggeration, Batman is given reason to want to deal with Superman as shown at the start of the movie. Superman on the other hand is basically the same character as Batman, but takes issue with some guy beating up criminals and marking them for death, even though he lets Jimmy Olsen die, waits until Luthor's Mercs are done killing everyone before showing up to slam some old African Warlord through a wall to save Lois Lane and letting ther Mercs get away because he wants to go back to Metropolis and fuck Lois.

The thing about these DC movies is that they try to make the themes complex without making sure that the plot makes sense, the dialogue isn't awful, and characters are relatable. You can include all the ancient imagery you want but if everything else on screen is a mess you wasted your time.

>how can they compete
in the box office

See, the thing is OP, your argument essentially boils down to quantity > quality.

There's a lot of stuff in DC films, yeah, but not all of it is good. Marvel on the other hand keeps it simple, and it does it well.

Consistency is everything.

>responding seriously to bait pasta

Just post laughing Evans

>mfw everybody in the cinema loses their fucking shit when Antman turns giant
>mfw I didn't get excited because I knew it was gonna happen because of that stupid fucking Lego set

FUCK YOU LEGO

I was going to say the upside down spiderman kiss, but then I realized that was 30 years ago

fuck you this made me laugh. Mods ban this fine man. You're doing gods work son.

Groot

Is it possible... For them to coexist? I'm a DC fanboy and very rarely see marvel movies because A) I don't like their heroes B) I don't like the style of the movies. But that means there are people that hold the opposite of A and B. Perhaps if you enjoy bright,fast paced, one liner super hero movies you go see marvel. If you like dark,realistic, thematic movies you watch DC. Or both if you like both. Why is it a competition? people come up to me and tell me BvS is shit, and idgaf..because I loved the movie and when I watch it and feel excited,and entertained, a massive faggot telling me what how neurochemical reaction is better than mine, well...Irs just that a neurochemical reaction.

youtube.com/watch?v=m7UuN1XZ1y4

* his reaction..I'm a mobile fag have mercy on my typos

>how can marvel even compete

>this thread
r/dawnofjustice incarnate

youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM

Easily best score of any superhero movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6F2UOjOI8

Also this

Iron Man was such a good movie. Why are all other marvel movies such forgettable shit?

>Easily best score of any superhero movie.
lolno
youtube.com/watch?v=78N2SP6JFaI

Iron Man
>Tony get BTFO in the beginning
>Tony in the cave, the entire sequence
>TONY BUILT THIS IN A CAVE, WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS
>the whole building of MKII Iron Man
>"I am Iron Man"

Iron Man 2
>the racing scene
>"I vant my burd"
>Iron Man drones being introduced
>whole battle in the gardens thing in the end

Thor
>I swear. I swear. I SWEAR
>Thor getting banished
>Thor getting BTFO in human world by getting run over
>Thor getting BTFO in hospital
>ANOTHER
>scene where folks try to pull the hammer out
>Thor finding out he can no longer lift the hammer
>Hawkeye intro
>Thor vs Destroyer
>Thor breaking bridge

The First Avenger
>manlet Cap
>"I can do this all day"
>Cap jumping on fake grenade
>new Cap being revealed, Peggy wanting to touch his pecs
>Cap chasing car
>whole sequence of Cap saving the Howling Commandos
>Red Skull
>Cap jumping over pit of fire
>"I gotta put her in the water"
>"I had a date"

that's before any Avengers and anything in phase 2 or 3. get fucked bitch

so basically

you're summarizing the DC flicks and just quipping it up for the Marvel flicks.

I can literally just describe Marvel flicks and say "there's a hero... and a villain.. wow" for the DC flicks as well.

this is why DCucks can't be taken seriously ever again. this level of meltdown is amazing.

you forgot tank missile hitting IM, the whole being on jet thing, the flamethrower scene etc.

I like MoS more than every MCU movie except for Iron Man 1 and Incredible Hulk but let's see

>story

not really I suppose

>scene
>Iron Man 1 tank scene
>Iron Man 1 tony's first flight with the Mark 2 suit
>Incredible Hulk university fight (Hulk jumping out of the glass hallway)
>Avengers Hulk smashes the shit out of that big flying robot thing

I couldn't really remember more

>score

the only score I could remember is the Avengers theme even though Avengers was a shit movie

The Incredible Hulk feels heavily underrated. Norton is best Banner.

cmon dude...Marvel managed to make a far better film with a talking raccoon and a tree-thing as its source material than DC was able to do with literally the two most recognizable comic book characters in the world

I love DC but you gotta admit, ever since Nolan left the scene Marvel has definitely been on a winning streak. With a few exceptions the MCU films have been getting better and better

mainstream audiences (95% of Sup Forums) know jack shit about movies

>MUH GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
>MUH WINTER SOLDIER

IM1 and Incredible Hulk are the best MCU movies

>no stupid quips
>nice story progression
>great villains
>great character (especially main character) progression

only movies that can keep up with Man of Steel (Iron Man 1 is even better than MoS)

one has to respect Disney for knowing their shit when pandering to mainstream audiences (infantilisation attempt) but every movie after Captain America 1 was stupid and generic

I actually had hope for an Inhumans movie but now that rumours are spreading that it's cancelled....

in terms of execution, you're definitely right

I wouldn't say they managed a better film though since the actual movie didn't even fucking come out due to Warnerbros' retarded executives cutting that shit down to a pulp

once the Ultimate Cut comes out, I'll at least be able to make up my mind about the overall product (I thought BvS was an interesting but very badly edited 7/10 movie)

> I like MoS

Stopped right there.

This shit makes me cringe

Now that everyone loved Ant-Man was loved by everyone in CW, will his next movie make more than BvS?

>he takes RT meme scores seriously

>The First Avenger
>forgetting 'I don't like bullies'

Never comment on one of my posts ever again

youtube.com/watch?v=BHyO8ztfE8k
and also Danny Elfman's AOU theme.The rest of the soundtracks are formulated but pleasant.

>literalyl only reason why is DC relevant is nolan

its all downhill now

I think they should have cut it because they couldnt get the teen actor they booked to do it

That scene actually would have worked with young actor, not adult Henery, because then it would make sense why he would have a pause and do nothing

>BOT nuevo-culture
would make a good band name haha

cry some more manchild. your mother never loved you

BOTH
ARE
SHIT

They don't clash for shit in BvS. They only fight because lex manipulates them.

I remember that scene, it was the worst in the whole movie

Easy, Marvel makes good movies sometimes (GotG, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Iron Man), and bad ones sometimes. DC peaked with Dark Knight and has been getting steadily shittier, culminating in the absolute disaster that was BvS.
DC as a comic book company is awesome, and their movies could be too, if they got competent people who understood the characters to be in charge of them.

Damn, Ted&Eric promoted that guy straight into Hollywood.

I really like the ending credits song from IM3

youtube.com/watch?v=htY2RyWNriM

Still in denial

We need some DC laughing pics stat!

dc didn't allow him even that, analog versions of Charlton characters don't count.

>implying it's a competition

A good one to edit.

It's "Never fucking reply to me unless you contribute to the thread"
Newfag

>It's a rotten tomatoes post

Simply put, you have a low cinematic I.Q., or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

That fucking laugh.

youtube.com/watch?v=gouq9_TbSe0 this 2bh

They can't.

>mfw
>doesn't post face
This is why this website is fucking garbage and should be nuked

Wait Hawkeye was introduced in Thor?

Also Cap has a bunch more memorabke scenes
>Cap getting the flag by throwing the pole over
>Bucky's "death"
>Cap getting his shield
>Cap making out with Natalie Dormer

>And here you can see the shill defense mechanism when under panic of having no counter argument

Sorry this is mfw

Nobody needs arguments when you compare a Van Gogh to your kindergarten drawings either
We let your butthurt speak for yourself

I hope Evans posting never EVER dies