What went wrong?

What went wrong?

In the new season? Nothing except those stupid transitions every five minutes.

I like the new season

Nothing. It's still written by Adam Reed.

are you serious? for fucks sake it's been dreadful. just end it.

It became way too popular and meme'd on.

The idiot decided to fight europe and russia and america and the jews at the same time. Now we have to live in the zionist reality be good goys.

Literally nothing

Nothing?
Archer is actually one of those series that get better with every season

Got bored after the second season

Why do americans think CONSTANT SHOUTING is funny

They finally tweaked the formula enough to where the joke construction is the top priority and they have truly embraced the absurdity resulting in the best season so far.

Vice. Vice is what went wrong.

name 673 american shows that have shouting in them

Lana?

the sex

the cuckoldry of the last time shows it much

new season is decent.

Here's why I had to stop watching archer.

When first watching you think, "oh! It's a spy show about this alcoholic super spy who works for a pretty incompetent agency". And it stays like that for the first 3 seasons as you get to occasionally see more about one of the side characters (pam being in a fight club, slightly more and more bizarre kreger exploits).

The show started getting bad in s4 when it became obvious that they needed ALL the characters interacting as much as possible and flanderized them to hell by the time s5 came on.

Now I give props to the creator because he took his show and his characters and basically put them in his own fantasy idea (Vice). But all the characters were annoying by this point. Sure, none of them are exactly meant to be likeable, but it's almost turned into Always sunny where all the characters do is yell at eachother while we wait for the next funny thing to be said. The main difference is that in always Sunny, there's only 5 characters and each have their own unique personality to them behind the yelling. In archer, every characters uses every joke a one point or another.

If Archer uses an insult on someone, you can bet your ass that some other character will use the same exact insult/joke in order to make the show "funny".

S6 was better than vice, but I had already lost all interest by then. Plus they moved archer to FXX??? why is there a second fx? It's retarded

>flanderized
stop reading here

to name a few

the office
friends
modern family
seinfeld
always sunny
arrested development

the trope of the manchild who is rich or fit to sustain his manchilhood is pathetic and overdone.

same

You should give the new season a shot. They're putting more effort into the jokes besides simple repetition and being mean. They are still there, but there's a wider variety of jokes peppered in too and as a result the more subtle jokes and references don't stand out as much either. The characters have been reined in slightly too and they have abandoned the pretense of setting up spy/action plots that have to make sense and therefore waste time.

the last episode was really good

ubpm

I like it.

Give me the other things, I need to feel secure in being a manchild.

Bro those latest episodes like what the fuck man I was so hype for archer comes in and kicks ass, fucks up and has to be bailed out but nooooooope lets include everyone in the fun!

I was hoping for a realistic consequences type situation where everyone realized they can't fuck around but they do anyway.

After the first few seasons they pretty much forgot you might want to write some new jokes every once in a while instead of just repeating old ones.

who's the dude on the left?

Russian spy from season 1

Oh yeah, he was a double agent who died in the first episode.

>tfw I actually forgot new episodes are airing even though I saw the first two of the season
And I used to love this show.

LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !?

explain?

i thought it was an appropriate use of the term