Sup Forums

Sup Forums.

My cat is dying, shes older than me and has been around ever since i can remember, and so I think of her like an extra sibling. Last week she just decided to lie down, then she started not being able to walk properly, Now she wont eat or drink and is becoming dehydrated. Took her to the vet who tried to get us to put her down purely because of her age, we denied and got the vet to give her an electrolytic injection, it helped a bit but things arent getting better.

Some of my worst nightmares have involved her death and im not sure how much of my sanity ill be able to keep hold of if she goes.

What do I do Sup Forums?

And you don't even post a picture of the cat what a fucking fuckwit

>What do I do Sup Forums?

Turn your image so it isn't upside down.

I didnt do that

Just kill it with a hammer , quick painless, probably alot kinder than letting it die slowly in pain

You're gonna have to let go of your pet, it is something that every pet owner faces. Pets die.

As long as your cat knows you love it, and your kitty loves you then you don't need to feel too sad when it dies. It will die happy.

I will say this, the kindest thing you can do is have your cat put down. But also, be there with your cat for their final moments. They deserve to die by your side.

Just giving you the real my friend

thankyou user

Prepare yourself for the inevitable, make sure your cat is ass comfortable as possible, grieve over its death as much as you need to but not excessively, try to accept that death is a part of life and be greatful that your cat got to live a full life.

This. I'm still really hurt about the same situation, but it needs doing. It's the right thing.

i could never bring myself to do it.

Then it becomes cruel dude. You need to be strong enough, for the sake of the creature that is wholly dependent on you. There is no choice.

Skin and gut the fucker, eat it so you absorb its wisdom and powers.

well i could if she was in pain. but not like this, where shes just calm and lookingaround chilling out, just like i dont know dude.

Your cat has been looked after and loved for its entire life. Only a small percentage of cats can enjoy this kind of existence, so think about how fortunate it has been.

And do put her down. Don't make her go through all the suffering just because you can't come to terms with her death. That's selfish and irresponsible.

Sorry for your loss user.

retard it says lupin (rabbit) fckin murricans wont recognise an elephant between chickens

Mane, she's not eating for reason. it's time to let her go.

yes but why isnt she?

Because she wants to die you naive fucker.

Yeah it's likely pain. When animals stop eating it's because their attention is absorbed by pain. Take that into account.

Post pics of kitty :(

have the vet put it down, you are keeping it alive for your own benefit while the animal suffers as a result. man the fuck up you little bitch.

the vet maid that suggestion based onher age, the vet said she is not in pain.

If you love the animal you will take it to the vet and have it put down. Keeping it alive because you "Can't bear to do it" means you don't actually love the cat, you would rather it be alive but miserable and suffering instead of ending its pain. That doesn't sound like love to me, it sounds like your a selfish little faggot who's too goddamn self-absorbed to understand that death is a part of life and that you need to let go.

yeah starving to death is not painful at all. use a little common fucking sense you stupid dipshit the vet said that to make your pussy ass feel better.

just quoting the vet

also a side note
>when somone tells you to kill your pet, it is not to make "your pussy (NPI) ass feel better"

you're right, it's not to make you feel better, it's to make the cat feel better. idiot.
>fucking faggot still thinks it's about him

the vet didn't say "kill your pet" to make you feel better, he said "she's not in pain" to make you feel better, even though it's a lie. he said "kill your pet" because it's time.

Do you own pets unless you can accept the reality that they are temporary guests in your life, man.

put the cat down, you selfish fuck

misinterpreted as always
>but then what else can i expect from most of b
yeah i think thats the problem shes always been there, i have never felt loss over fish or the rabbits we used to have.

For those of you kind anons what had legitimate advice to share i thank you. to the guy who posted the skinned rabbit. not so much. But over the next few days my family will decide hat to do.
so thanks

>still really odd how the OP image flipped

it's ok I knew you were slow so the post after the first one you quoted explains why you're dumb using no big words.

Then you're being selfish m8. You're pretty much prolonging her suffering.

Put her down. She's suffering. As her master you owe her a painless way out. Stop being a selfish cunt

Bullshit. You're forcing your own human perception on that of an animal. Animals have been growing old and dying without the help of humans for fucking MILLIONS of years - not nudging them into the grave isn't "cruel" or anything else than fucking NATURAL.

Stop projecting your own fucking fear of death onto animals. You're imposing your own fucking man-made version of 'natural' on them.

Listen, faggot, when you claim to love something and then sit by and watch it suffer through the pain of it's organs shutting down due to lack of food and water, it is cruelty to do nothing about it. Even hunters will put an animal "out of its misery" if the first shot didn't kill it, they don't just let it lay there to suffer (some do, but even then most hunters don't claim to "love" the animals they shoot the way someone "loves" a family pet).

I'm not forcing human perception of anything. Animals feel pain, and recognizing that is not anthropomorphizing them. Just because animals have grown old and died for "MILLIONS of years" doesn't mean we have to sit idly by and watch our loved pets suffer and die while we do nothing. People died for TENS OF THOUSANDS of years due to communicable disease, that doesn't mean we should stop using vaccines.

you're right, fuck it, just let the cat starve to death, who gives a shit

Replace her with a new cat. Adopt it from an animal shelter, and feel good knowing that you probably saved another cat's life.

Again, projecting YOUR fucking fears onto them. And consider that most humans prefer to die naturally, regardless their suffering, than embrace an early death. You're one of those faggots in the YouTube comment section who will find a video of a grandma petting a kitten and find some fucking way to scream 'ANIMAL ABUSE' over it.

>hurr durr man made perceptions
Jesus Christ m8, he clearly loves his puss and by how he described it at first, it seems that it pretty much shouldn't be living anymore. So his most sensible option would be to put it down.

People with terminal cancer do it all the fucking time.

This. If it were in the wild, the cat would be dead already.

>You're one of those faggots in the YouTube comment section who will find a video of a grandma petting a kitten and find some fucking way to scream 'ANIMAL ABUSE' over it.

who's projecting now?

Please tell me what fears I am projecting, Dr. user.

I loved my fucking dad who died of cancer and I didn't want him to go to an early grave - NOR DID HE.

Put her down before her pain gets any worse. Let her go

That's not what projecting means, you fucking troglodyte.

Fear of suffering, fear of dying. Is that simple enough for you, you fucking tool?

>fear of dying
nope, i'm telling him to kill the cat
>fear of suffering
yeah fuck it, why not break a few of its legs, i mean suffering is no big deal and it might be fun to watch

it'll be ok user, but you can't let the cat suffer anymore. It can't even do cat things anymore, and is probably depressed because of it.

holy fuck the realization threw me into my chair

Well shit. I guess that the most sensible option was to let him live right? But remember what I said in the first place, "you're only prolonging the suffering".

But hey m8, if your father wanted to stay alive and you shared that decision then whoop de fucking doo there's your answer. Catlover on the other hand, that's his option. We're just throwing him a fucking bone.

You don't fucking know if he wants that bone, retard - that was my whole fucking point about my dad.

Or you can try giving it gold so it can teach you thief skills

Oh. Okay. Condolences I guess.

Animals don't even think about that shit, faggot. They are fucking stupid.

Agreed.
My last cat was nearing 20 years of age and she would get consufed, incontinent and sagged through her hind legs.
Heaving your friend peacefully slumber off in your lap while petting it is by far the best option.
It fucking sucks but having to watch it wither away is worse.
Domestic pets tend to live waaay past their prime and having to make that call is part of it.