Doctor Sup Forums

Doctor Sup Forums

Why am I always so fucking tired?
I got a normal BMI, I eat fairly healthy, I've tried different workouts, tried sleeping more and less than I normally do and I checked my blood for a bunch of different diseases last year and it came back clear.
I never have the mental or physical energy to do anything, and when I do something I get exhausted after a short period of time, can't perform properly at work or when doing any other activities

Anyone know what could be wrong?
>inb4 an hero

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

start doing amphetamines, worked for me

it's aids.

Maybe depression user?

oh fug

low T
outside you are male
inside you are female

Maybe it's because you jack off so fucking much you vermin. Lay off the CP for a while, I'm prescribing 120mg of "clubbing with the guys".

Could be a sign of depression, do you find it hard to get emotionally excited about something? Are most of your days just "okay"?

Or like
suggested it could be low testosterone. I'd suggest getting over to your doctor and asking for a round of bloodwork to make sure you don't have a crazy deficiency in testosterone or something else.

Get a sleep study done. I was the same way and it turned out I had sleep apnea due to my terrible sinuses. Now that I've got this machine to help open the airways I feel like I have my energy back.

get checked for hypothyroidism. your tsh should be below 2,5

Could be going to sleep wrong time for when you wake up. I got an app called sleepy time that gives a good estimation of when you need to go to sleep . So you don't wake up from deep sleep and such.

This user is on a good path too. There's a lot of different things that you can do before you go to bed to make yourself sleep better. Go to bed at a consistent time, doesn't necessarily have to be "early" just make sure it's the same time every night.

Get into the habit of not using any electronic devices for at least 30 minutes before bed.

Don't drink any caffeine for a few hours before bed, and don't use any kind of alcohol or other drugs to fall asleep.

Of course that's just what I've been told. I drank a cup of coffee 30 minutes before I got into bed last night to watch TV and browse Sup Forums for an hour before passing out into a fitful shitty sleep for 6 hours. So I'm probably not the best person to get advice from.

I have depression and I'm taking meds, but I didn't think depression would drain me so much

  ▲
▲ ▲

The meds should help offset it. Have you talked to whatever doctor prescribed you the drugs? Might be worth a couple sessions with an actual psychologist (not that cunt with a stutter that posts shit-threads here every day).

I'd still recommend getting a round of bloodwork from your GP though. It's not at all unlikely that you have depression AND low testosterone or something, although how you treat those may be different. But at least you'd know and could work with the doctor to find some way of fixing it.

ive had that, just condition yourself to sleep less. stay awake no matter what through the day and sleep for only 6 hours. you will get use to it.

ok thanks
I was suppose to see my doctor last thuesday but I overslept so I missed my apointment. I'll see him next week then I suppose

you failure and this what happens to failures. we are just animals

Check your blood iron level!
If you lack iron it will cause exactly what you're describing!

I fight the same shit every day. It is because of depression. Try to drink ginger tea or Hypericum perforatum tea. You could try also some paracetamol cure for a couple of weeks, depression is triggering immunity system. Don't get into new age bullshit, is lame and worthless.

Hello guys
Yeah it is the depression that sucks out your energy, start to think about your mind and rethink your way of life.. helped out for me. Before that i couldnt even get out of bed or room to do anything
Stop bothering about past, it is not changable anyway and start doing what makes the most fun for you
Be happy :)

Tried meditation and all those spiritual things, just makes it worse tbh

Good luck, mate. I really need to do the same. I've been having trouble sleeping the past few years or so. I'm in the same boat, constantly tired, no energy, mentally I want to go do stuff but I just don't have the physical energy for it.

Getting a good baseline of your physiological state is a perfect start, just don't get too excited that it's the answer. If you're healthy then you have to start looking at various habits. It's like the fatties that get bloodwork done and go "Oh my is good, so I'm healthy!"

No you're not fatty, you're a fatty, fix your habit and stop being fat. Similarly OP, if the condition isn't medical (and there's a good chance it isn't) be prepared to fix your poor habits.

it is not an universal solution. I tried the things you said, apparently this self-exploring thing is more terrifing. You do not want get all the shit outside, believe me.

Your depressed, talk to your doctor.

Not op but dude I had never had someone describe depression like that its exactly what I feel. Its never sadness just no thrill whatsoever. Please tell me what to do you seem to know what you are talking about

I'm not a doctor by any means, and I suggest seeing one.

Look up psychiatrists and therapists in your town. Check reviews for them, make sure people say they've actually helped them get better.

I don't know if it's greed or just ignorance, but a lot of shrinks out there seem to think the cure is just you giving them money the rest of your life. That's obviously not the answer. A good therapist should be helping you move towards feeling BETTER, as quickly as possible.

A good therapist also won't push you to drugs on the first session (unless they think you're in serious danger of harming yourself). They'll offer suggestions for changing your diet, sleeping habits, all things that should have a minor impact on your state of being that will add up to you improving in your emotional state overall.

But if you want any one piece of advice, it's the quick and short of what a therapist will tell you (although I HIGHLY recommend speaking to someone professional, their advice will be far, far more tailored). And that is: Eat better, work out a bit, get out of the house with friends more often (and get some friends if you don't have any), sleep better, and try to avoid being around people that make you feel worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8

Go outside. If you're white, soak up some sun, you need to synthesize more Vitamin D

I apreciate it. Thanks.
I bike often and eat a lot of meat not so much veggies. I have few friends but family is more important. Ill look into a profesional thanks

It depends also what kind of school of therapy it suits you. for example I don't like cognitivists, classical humanists and analysts.

>I bike often and eat a lot of meat not so much veggies

It sounds like you're on the right path, which is precisely why I recommend a professional. Again, finding a good one will take a bit of work, and make sure you do your research! In of itself it's draining, but it's worth it. They may be pricey too, but in theory you'll be there far less than a "budget" shrink, and you'll pay less over the lifetime you're there.

But regardless, you're doing the right thing. Keep that stuff up, tell your therapist what changes you're trying to make, they'll augment those, or modify them, and if they truly feel it will benefit you, offer a suggestion for prescriptions to help the recovery process.

This is also an excellent point, and if I had more experience with it I'd offer my opinions on what school of therapy to search for, but again, I'm not any kind of expert. So follow that user's advice and research what type of therapy you're searching for, or reflect on the first session and make sure it's a "format" that you feel is actually beneficial.

Research thyroid conditions

Seriously this OP. I have sleep apnea as well, and after you use a CPAP machine for like a week you will feel so much better. Get the sleep study done asap, it's free.

Is your sleeping pattern regular? Going to sleep the same time and waking up the same time.

Could also be a mental problem like depression or anxiety.

Oh, and last but not least, don't rule out medical conditions too. Things like low testosterone or thyroid shit can cause a lot of symptoms like depression too. Wouldn't hurt, if you haven't done it already, to get some bloodwork done by your GP and take those results, or at least the information, to whatever therapist you eventually wind up at (assuming it's nothing medical).

Most of the times, these things aren't strictly caused by medical imbalances, but again, it's very beneficial to have a good idea of your physiological state before trying to treat the psychological issues.

for over-analytical people, who like that kind of deepness, I recommend the existentialism therapy. Just try to read Irwin Yalom

Smaefag here, I should also note that I myself am on medication for rapid mood swings associated with depression, and the meds only did so much. The CPAP machine made a huge difference, as far as my overall energy levels were concerned.

Ok, you need to up your activity level. But on a social scale. For example, you work out and bike, but those are activities that you do by yourself.

I like basketball. Not because I am anygood, but because its everywhere and its free. Just guard someone, you don't even have to shoot, pass the ball. But play for 1 hour a day, keep moving. Don't skip anydays.

You'll find that you don't get down as much, but also no excuses to miss a day either. When you get off work, head for thr park. Try for six months.

friend had something like this, felt tired all the time no matter what
could be thyroid related
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism

Maybe it's cancer user? You should check it out.

Hai im ina medical school as i know it can be a number of things but the most common cause in our time is....Spending too muich time on a comp or a phone thats what really makes u mentally tired,dont use it like 1 hour b4 bed and try to cut it off as much as u can.