Yesterday laptop was acting fine. This morning, I tried starting it up again...

Yesterday laptop was acting fine. This morning, I tried starting it up again. I was able to hit the power button and it and acted like it wanted to start, but the screen wouldn't come on. Additionally, after the computer failed to start up, the bottom of the laptop made a weird noise, like it was a heart monitor.

Any ideas for diagnoses and fixes?

Le bump

Did it show the splash screen at all?

Hdd

SEARch for your model and beep codes it'll tell you what to do.

No, screen didn't turn on

Thank you sir

your HDD may have went out son.

Any idea on how much it would cost to repair?

Yeah I believe that could be the cause but according to what OP is saying it seems to be something else or he fucked up the computer entirely, when your hdd gets messed up the computer will prompt the boot menu or request you to connect a bootable device. From the computers I have troubleshooted before I haven't seen one where the screen don't do shit at all.

Try unplugging battery and power cable and press the power button, then plugging it back in.

Depending if it's the actual hdd it can cost about a $100 if you pay someone to get you the hdd and replace it if you can do it yourself you can save more than half the price of what would cost to pay someone else

Tell me what the beep codes say and I can help you more.I doubt its the HD

I doubt it too because a computer wouldn't do that if it was the hd

But how is he gonna see the codes if he says that the screen won't work??? Try to plug it in to it's charger and try to turn it on while it's charging, if computer turns on but screen won't work try to see if you can hook it up to a projector or another monitor if you got one near by, if none of that works then something else must be the problem.

If it was the hard drive, it would still at least show the splash screen

Doesn't listen to the fucktards. You would still see something on the screen if it was the hdd. If it's the RAM nothing will display on the screen and you will get the beep code. Count the beeps. Note the long and shorts. Look it up according to the manufacturer.

Thanks guys for your help. I'm going to try to plug it in to another screen. Will reply back shortly with results.

Same fag

It sounds like his bios is gone. OP, go online and see if there is a way to flash your bios with a usb and a button combination while turning it on.

If it's the RAM, is there a fix?

I didn't even think about the ram. So ram or bios is bad.

Buy more ram

i had the same problem and it turned out to be the physical cable attached to the display had failed or become detached

does the computer boot up as if you had a projector attached?

TRy AN external monitor also what this guy said Try unplugging battery and power cable and press the power button, then plugging it back in.

OP here. When I boot it up, prior to this morning, the power light comes on along with the other light (can't think of it, its always on when the computer works and am not a computerfag).

This morning, both lights come on, but the latter turns off as the machine makes that beeping noise.

Try reloading the Grainger drivers for the input devices.

They come out the speaker?

if the hdd went out it would still show bios splash screen

Check that RAM, GPU, and HDD are seated firmly in their places (check the sata and molex cables too), do you hear your hard drive spooling up on start?

Not necessarily newb

it's a problem with your mb, like the graphics chip got hot and floated or a bad capacitor or something.

Hard drive does try spooling

gpu is soldered to the board, yeah push on it and make sure it's seated heheh

bios usually has smart drive detection and will at least boot and TELL you you have a hdd problem faggot, go back to your coloring books

been a long time since i've been here how do I reply to a certain person?

Hard drive is not working.

Open the flaps under the laptop on the side and check connections.

Have ya banged it lately?

No, sounds like it's coming from the bottom of laptop.

What I get when I plug it into TV with HDMI

He is talking about the beep codes that can be heard when pressing the power button.

OP, i would suggest taking out one of rhe ram-sticks if you have two, and try both of them alternating. My bet is on defective ram, or, if the laptop is old, it could be the logicboard/gpu. In this case you'll need to buy a new one. In any case, look up the beep signals on your manufacturers website.

What I get when I power it on. Only 1 light on and lots of beeps. So what can I do?

>in b4 delete system32

>Any ideas for diagnoses and fixes?

sounds like it's broken

take it in for repairs
dumbass

Fag ... I've been in IT for 25 years. and am a manager at a prominent DoD contractor ... I suggest you retake your A+ exam, it's clearly obsolete

>Dell
There's your problem.

BTW: Your use of the word "usually" only validates my claim. Dumbass.

Unplug it take out the battery click and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds