Why do all american houses look like this?

why do all american houses look like this?
wooden plank scaling and such, they look like they're made of wood, they don't look like proper houses, as if anyone could punch a hole through their walls.
you see them in every movie.
I'm aware that they don't look like this in big cities like jew york or los angeles, but they do in every town.

I have never seen a house that looks like this in my country, even in small towns.
if you go into google's street view you'll find these in every non major city, what the fuck.

Better than ape argie huts who suck english cocks over 1km island

because tornadoes n shiet

They use what's cheap and avalible. Therefore wood. Also, most people in north America like to tear down a house after 10-30 years and build a new one. So houses don't need to last long. Pretty wasteful eh?

not all just some
majority are plaster

what's your problem, retard?

>what's your problem
He's a Kazakh

You can put your fist through the wall so long as you don't hit the stud on accident.

that's my point though.
they don't look like proper houses.
they look more like big and better looking sheds.

wouldn't that mean they need better, stronger houses?

In bumfuck nowhere maybe.

I live in a good neighborhood and our houses are usually 3 stories with 6-8 bedrooms and built with brick or Clay.

I mean it's not like you can break the place by falling in the wrong direction. Not unless it's cheaply made.

What do you use in Argentina? Stone?

With all that wealth why don't you do something productive instead of browse Sup Forums?
You clearly have more available to you than 90% of the country.

no because those houses would eat shit regardless, and it would be a hell of a lot more expensive to build and rebuild

just regular brick and concrete, with facades and such because exposed brick is basically ghetto looking ofcourse.

use street view on any town in argentina if you're interested.

it's because it is not the same level of commodity as others or rather it is not sold the same way

houses in america is kind of cars enough people wants to own to to create a system of cheap available undetached which means a huge unadulterated industry catered to the ownership thereof, such as a huge mortgage industry all kinds of associations and huge realty sector so to support all the the quality of the houses change from brick and motar to wood stud with stucco or wood paneling etc

it has nothing to do with economic prevention of loss since you can just build sturdy apartment buildings and house everyone in it

it has to do with the financial industry that it supports including speculation and interest

you will have a easier time talking about how to get rid of the stock market

>wealth

I'm a regular middle class american

Fair enough.

US housing does what it's supposed to though, and it does it cheaply.
So long as you aren't punching or kicking walls like an autist all is good.

Even so it still takes a good deal of force to damage it.

>Regular middle class
>6-8 bedroom house.
In what fucking candyland is this?

Maryland, my house has 3 bedrooms in the basement, and 4 more in the second floor with the main floor having the office, dining room, loving room, and meeting room.

Really, this is standard

Living room* also, our kitchen is literally merged into the living room

most people don't live in maryland

we can't have basements

Happen to know the price of such a house there?

Only $600,000 for $700,000 in my neighborhood you can actually have a back yard with a few more rooms

this is a random town with a population of like 10.000

I cherry picked a decent looking street, but you get the point, you'll never see houses like OP here.

Thats weird, when I went down south or west, no one had basements, here in Maryland, every house, even the 2 bedroom houses have basements

Yeah, not happy to break it to you, but to the common American you are rich. You are not middle class. Extremely high middle class at worst.
At that price in my state you can buy a fucking country club house.

Wouldn't look out of place in California, or any of the southwestern States really

>$600,000

at least here, that's a small fortune.
middle class people wouldn't be able to afford that.

Maryland houses are big and comfy, but we literature don't have any yard space and the neighborhood is gated in which you are a cul de sac within a bigger cul de sac and it exits to a neighborhood gate and banner and then there's a long road which leads to more cul de sacs within a bigger cul de sacs that have their own gates. And at the end of the long street is a pizza hut, gas station, etc.
I figured, a fucking 2 bedroom house that looks like a trailer here costs $250,000 and I certainly don't feel rich
Trust me, for maryland, an upper middle class home is $1,100,000 or above

Don't let him fool you. It's the same way here.
I think he might be a kid who's parents are professionals in their field, and told him he is middle class because being rich has developed a stigma.

Upper middle class housing (What a family could expect by their 40s if they have steady okay paying jobs) is between 200k to 300k. Still well below what our friend has.

It's well above upper middle class though. By the definition of this house. A nice house in any reasonable part of the country is 2-3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
Jesus christ is everyone in Maryland an out of touch rich person?

Seems like you live in a flyover state

Also, we have a fucking rain tax
No, I live in this house with my brother and his family, we are middle class Americans, we can afford to pay a out bills and for food and then some, but stuff like college, unexpected emergencies burden us too. T
A 200k-300k will get you shit here, trust me. A 1 bedroom apartment, with air conditioning in a good neighborhood is $2,400 a month at least

Explain to me how that changes anything.
The cost of living on the coasts is higher, but so is the pay to counteract this.

In no way is there such a gap between these to account for a 600k house being fucking middle class.

And I'm only slightly salty about this because I'm a poor fag who has had to work part time jobs since High School to afford the car he has. But it's payed off, and everything I have I owe to me.

>Jesus christ is everyone in Maryland an out of touch rich person?

If you live in Maryland, you're either an out of touch rich person or black. There is very little in between. Ever notice how our median income *and* our murder rate are among the highest in the country?

better than argetiANO nigger huts they built while taking english cock up the ass over a tiny island

600k is middle class bro, trust me.
I'm actually an Asian American though. But I agree. Maryland is all (I hate to say it) privileged white and asian people while all the poor Hispanics and blacks. The reason many immigrants come to Maryland is because since maryland is rich for such a small state, it's literally what Those sandniggers are dreaming of when they say how great sweden or Finland is and all the middle class Marylander are so easily sympathetic. I thank God we aren't located in europe, many people abuse this system

They don't all live in tornado alley

And you're only half right, your homes are more expensive to build in fact compared to brick and mortar, it isn't the materials (and even then it's probably about even) but labor drives the prices up, yours are much more labor intensive.

It comes down to cultural preference, there's plenty of brick and mortar all the way to adobe and any type of experimental shit you can imagine in the American southwest but simply put Americans prefer wooden homes. I think for modest homes concrete or brick feels cheap or depressing to them if it doesn't have some form of (more expensive) added architectural value. Or maybe it is they're more familiar fixing those up or that they figure drywall is easier to work with, whatever it is they're more comfortable in those much the same way Mexicans as a rule don't like them (there's exceptions, I've got an aunt who owns one of those) as they appear fragile and as an unnecessary fire hazard to us. Cultural preferences become a matter of scale economies which in turn reinforces continued building.

I remember seeing this documentary about the kikapoo which is a native American tribe that lives both in Mexico and the US and there was a part of it in which they discussed the types of homes on both sides of the border and argued for their teepees being somehow better than both. It's just about what you're familiar with.

>Ever notice how our median income *and* our murder rate are among the highest in the country?

Maryland is really useful, from a statistical standpoint. You can basically use it, West Virginia, and DC to prove that the most important factor in a state's crime rate is its black population.

They don't. Most houses here are like pic related, made out of plastic, plywood, and cheap, thin timber frame with maybe a small brick facade. The houses like in your pic are usually older and actually fairly sturdy

Yeah, it's the same way in Florida. If you're not shelling out at least 600k for a house you're living in a shithole. I've seen houses that cost $5 million in my neighborhood while the exact same size house costs like $1 million in Illinois.

Yea, but I love how easy it is in Maryland to become middle class, when me and my brother came to the US, we had nothing, now he is married to an American woman and we are living a middle class life in US that we never knew we could achieve when we were young

I'd say that's very similar to the one I posted.

>only half righy
nope, brick mortar are much more labor intensive and for those houses they are cheap af and even outsourced, they can finish one in a week with a team of 5

go kidnap your future wife "ape"

Dude, leaving aside brick and mortars can be built just as fast you need skilled labor to build a wooden home efficiently, laying brick is just having a competent supervisor.

> Upper middle class housing (What a family could expect by their 40s if they have steady okay paying jobs) is between 200k to 300k.
What? 'Murrica can't be that cheap, can it?
My apartment in Moscow costed around 200k$, and that's 40m2 in a fucking commieblock (albeit a newly built one in a good area). 2-3 bedroom apartments (70-100m2) in the same area start at 300k and continue upwards from that. How come, despite how much richer the US is and how larger the houses themselves are, the properties are so cheap?

If someplace gets too expensive they just build more houses further away

houses are different in different regions or states. even certain cities in the same area can vary differently