/björk/

Is she the greatest female musician ever?

To me she is a living legend, but I wanna hear your opinion. What are your favorite albums, tracks, music videos, and/or pitcures of hers? How do you think her new album with Arca will sound like? Did you attend Björk Digital?

Vespertine=Homogenic>Post>Debut>Biophilia>Vulnicura>Medúlla>Volta

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/interview/9582-the-invisible-woman-a-conversation-with-bjork/
youtu.be/V-58I81gySE?t=125
youtube.com/watch?v=56s50H0UWas
youtube.com/watch?v=5gZj_MJJ4s8
youtube.com/watch?v=xS9c76V4RDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fucking hate this slut

Yes, she's the best ever, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

she would be if she made her own tracks, like kate bush did

Vespertine > Debut > Post > Vulnicura > Volta > Biophilia > Medulla

I didn't liked Volta

Medulla > Debut > Vulnicura > Biophilia > Vespertine > Homogenic > Post > Volta

You can do better than that

But Björk makes her own tracks user. Do you mean the fact that she doesn't produce solely by herself?

The worst Björk album for sure. Funny how her worst effort is not even bad though

Wow, that's a little seen opinion.

>I have nothing against Kanye West. Help me with this—I’m not dissing him—this is about how people talk about him. With the last album he did, he got all the best beatmakers on the planet at the time to make beats for him. A lot of the time, he wasn’t even there. Yet no one would question his authorship for a second. If whatever I’m saying to you now helps women, I’m up for saying it. For example, I did 80% of the beats on Vespertine and it took me three years to work on that album, because it was all microbeats—it was like doing a huge embroidery piece. Matmos came in the last two weeks and added percussion on top of the songs, but they didn’t do any of the main parts, and they are credited everywhere as having done the whole album. [Matmos’] Drew [Daniel] is a close friend of mine, and in every single interview he did, he corrected it. And they don’t even listen to him. It really is strange.

pitchfork.com/features/interview/9582-the-invisible-woman-a-conversation-with-bjork/

It's also her talent though. She composes her own music and knows exactly who she wants to recruit to improve it unlike Beyonce who has the studio make all "artistic" decisions. Still in some songs I actually prefer her original work rather than what her producers did.

>Still in some songs I actually prefer her original work rather than what her producers did.
All Is Full of Love is the greatest example

who can even compare?

For that one I actually prefer the album version. Most of the album had very beat-heavy music so an ambient acapella was probably the best decision to conclude it. Also the vocals are too independent of rhythm that the music video just seemed a bit off.

Notget would've been a lot better with just Bjork's work though. Arca that one.

Sorry, meant to say "Arca [overproduced] that one"

Maybe Kate Bush, but Björk is superior imo

I agree that the album version works a lot better as a concluding track (specially after the explosion of Pluto). But the video version is simply majestic

>Notget would've been a lot better with just Bjork's work though. Arca that one.
I haven't heard Björk's version. Care to share a link?

Wish I did. You can kinda tell what each did though. Bjork arranged the strings and vocals, maybe a bit of the bass and rhythm. Arca probably did the dub-stepish inserts and some extra effects.

Yeah, I don't dig those bass-heavy beats either. I don't think Notget was specially good though, one of my least favorite tracks off Vulnicura

I can't be the only one that was hearing "Uncertainty excites me, baby, who knows..." in my head as I watched this

Love Joni. Björk too:
>What some fans might not be aware of, however, is that the artist that inspired her to start writing her own songs was Joni Mitchell. Introduced to her music by a friend, she played Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter so frequently she knew every lyric, chord progression and melody by the time she was 15.
>"Growing up in Iceland I had no knowledge of Joni’s impact on the whole hippy era and the Californian folk scene," she states. "I just fell in love with her music. To me, it seemed very pure and intuitive, like she just followed her heart and wasn’t influenced by anyone else. Most of the music around at that time was created by men and the few female songwriters what were around were usually backed by male musicians. In comparison, Joni created her own musical universe with female emotion, energy, wisdom courage and imaginations. I found that very liberating."

The strings off of it were beyond gorgeous though. The melody and everything else felt weak. I almost wish she just decided to make a full-on instrumental album.

I still haven't heard Vulnicura Strings. Missing much?

youtu.be/V-58I81gySE?t=125
>dat dolphin sound, muh dick

Some of my favorites are Pluto, Mutual Core, Declare Independence, and the Army of Me she did together with Skunk Anansie:
youtube.com/watch?v=56s50H0UWas

super getting into her lately, it wasn't love at first listen though

Have you heard Storm? You may like it. A bit more abstract though

youtube.com/watch?v=5gZj_MJJ4s8

Her voice is somewhat an acquired taste. Her music didn't click with me until I head Jóga and shit my pants

i did the same

Whoa how did I not know that was a thing? Listening now. Yeah you're missing a lot.

it didn't click for me til i bought a cd of post and listened to it like 30 times while studying

>Is she the greatest female musician ever?
No.

What does /bjork/ think of this album?

>Have you heard Storm?
I have. Heard it once, loved it, then put it on a while later when I was tripping balls on acid. A haunting yet wonderful experience.

Wow, nice behind the scenes. Where's the clip from?

You tempted me, I'm listening now as well. According to Wikipedia, it features a weird instrument designed by Leonardo da Vinci, pretty cool. Nice to hear her without the heavy Arca production

Ah, The Eye is great. I know she wasn't fond of rock music but identified with the punk ethos

Post may the Björk album I enjoy the most. So fucking many classics, and the production is forward looking while still being fun and dancey

Fuck, I need to hear it next time I take acid. Not frightening at all while tripping?

>tfw formerly a grimesfriend and when i started listening to björk my interest in grims started to fade away

Instagram

>Fuck, I need to hear it next time I take acid. Not frightening at all while tripping?
Depends a lot on your headspace of course. If you've heard it before it's usually okay.
Of course my friends and I each bring some music and don't tell each other what, and we had a period where we'd actively search out 1 or 2 fucked up songs, lol. That's for instance how I got to know Bjork x Skunk's army of me (that bitcrush-y effect she does with her voice, fuck me that was mind-blowing eroticly good). And I blew away one of my friends with An Echo, A Stain.

>trading grimz for bjork
WHAT?! I can't believe it. You're disappointing me, user.

It's so weird. I love it.
youtube.com/watch?v=xS9c76V4RDE

nice footage

I wish I could play some Björk with my friends. I mean, of course I can, but they're too dadrocky to enjoy it. I remember I once put Solstice while everyone was tremendously high and left them speechless. Man, I just remembered how much I loved Solstice, I'll have to listen to it now

Still listening to Vulnicura Strings. Atom Dance sounds great. The drone parts in Black Lake work a lot better

i swear the drums that start around 1:05 in I miss you sound fucking amazing on the shitty 91 stereo i played the album so many times in
sadly with my headphones it's not as good

also it was the first album i ever bought

>Solstice
Oops, meant! Sacrifice

A while ago I used to listen to I Miss You with my headphones and dance like a maniac

her body of work is superb

Fav songs: Unravel, It's Oh So Quiet, Like someone in love, Hyperballad

>you'll never drive through Iceland in a hummer with Björk

Did you like Vulnicura

I'm playing the original and acoustic side by side for each song. The acoustic version is just a lot more full of a sound. The strings and vocals aren't as weak in terms of equalization so they aren't being pushed back for the bass and rhythm. It's a lot more beautiful (though I'm wishing for a variation remix).

>The strings and vocals aren't as weak
Totally, I thought her voice sounded a lot more clear and expressive. The emphasis on the strings makes everything way more dramatic. I also prefer Antony's voice without that weird effect (although I still love the album version of Atom Dance)

Started listening to her few days ago. Listened to Debut, Post, Homogenic and Vespertine so far and I am so amazed by her work. My musical discovery of 2016 without a doubt.

Debut>Vespertine>Homogenic=Post
But honestly Homegenic and Post are so amazing as well.

Welcome aboard user. I discovered her in 2012 and I'm still amazed by her. Check out some of her interviews in YouTube to better understand her philosphy. Definitely listen to Vulnicura, it is the flipside of Vespertine:

>Vespertine
I'm so in love with Matthew Barney

>Vulnicura
I'm so heartbroken by Matthew Barney

Also: strings + cool beats

Thanks for advise. Im planning on moving forward, just wanted to listen to this 4 for 3 or 4 times each.

>bjork will never give you a hummer

I love you Björk
Thank you

>trading grimz for bjork
good job user, proud of you keep it up

She looks like a skelly

congratulations

progress is being made...

i wonder if grimes will put out a lot of good stuff in the future though

she looks like a Chinese alien. good music though