How do you keep yourself occupied when listening to music?

kind of a stupid question i know, but i really want to listen to more albums all the way through but i tend to get really restless and get distracted. what do you guys usually do when you are listening to music

shitpost on reddit

Taking a walk is perfect. Otherwise play mindless webgames like tetris, 2048, bejeweled, or do mindless work.

Browse Facebook, Twitter, Sup Forums, Reddit, RYM etc.

i either write about what im listening to, play videogames or go outside

i read a lot of fiction too

Transcribe the sheet music

Drive, post on Sup Forums / browse reddit, or video games

>write about what im listening to
That actually sounds neat, I'm going to give that a try

Something easy like rocket league or Age of Empires 3

I wish I could allow myself to stop listening to an album before its over, I'm currently halfway through the looping vocal shit on Cleanse at the end of Enemy of the Sun and even though I know from reviews it's the same loop until the end of the 26 minute final track, I can't let myself go do anything else until it's over

I honestly just put the disc in the cd player and sit there listening to it and thinking about it. Always have. I would just say try to stick it out and maybe try to train yourself to do it. I understand that it's different for everyone, but that's what I have to offer.

Sleep

i just pace around
maybe sometimes i write quick notes on how it sounds

video games is an easy choice
putting on something that you need to listen to while shopping is god-tier

If I really want to sit down and listen to an album, I'll usually smoke a few bowls while I listen. It gives me something to physically do plus it makes the experience more enjoyable.

I lay down, close my eyes, and just listen.

I spend a great deal of my time on my computer, so yeah browsing Sup Forums, Lastfm, RYM and the like is mainly what I do.

Commuting to university/work is also great for music.

I want to try and have some time to just listen to music and nothing else, but I'm too busy for the time being.

>write about what im listening to

gonna try this too

Study math

I just kind of pace and look out windows and stuff.

Drink, smoke, or do drugs. I also go on walks.

Going for a walk and listening to music is pretty neat, especially at night.

Nothing like going out at 11 at night and listening to Tom Waits as you miss an ex-lover

I usually try to listen while doing computer work and always end up just gazing vacantly at something. I also find myself tapping a lot, which annoys people around me.

I also listen to music while I work, i wash dishes at a local restaurant and i hate it. The chef is a fucking dickhead. Chef boyardickhead

If I try to play vidya or anything while listening I'll usually stop paying attention completely.

For new music, I'm content to stare at the MusicBee theatre mode (I hope I'm not the only person who does this). I'll do the head bob thing if it's that kind of music.

>rocket league
ranked is stressful

probably the best answers in the thread.

i dont listen to a lot of music anymore, i tend to focus on making it, but i used to do most of those things

Vidya, multiplayer and Ubi-style open world are the right amount of mindless

What's so hard about just sitting there, closing your eyes and just listening to the music? it's the best way to immerse yourself into what you're listening.

ADHD/atom addiction makes that hard

Driving is nice for focusing on music

*stim

Play Audiosurf.

>mindless videogames like minecraft
>tfw i used to do this and i don't give a fuck

i can only do this when i don't know what i'm listening to, when is something completely new for me

drive
read reviews of said album
Sup Forums

Why is the album called a moon shaped pool?

play random canvasrider tracks

Drink black coffee, hit some weed, pace around the room, maybe do a little dance

sit or lay down and close your eyes. you might fall asleep the first few times, but you'll get better with practice

Get in some drawing practice, and maybe illustrate how the song sounds. Mine never looks good, but it's a lot of fun and the overall experience is more meaningful. Pic related.

That looks good. I get a lot out of drawing and listening to music, it's relaxing

nice work user, you should try graphic design

i like this image

Thanks. I do dabble in it a bit

Play video games while listen music at 1% volume.

i also browse the interwebs now!

a lot of times i watch bad anime on mute when listening

I find that reading and posting takes up too much concentration away from the music. I like to play video games that take very little mental input or better yet, take a walk. Walking at night is a really good way to get through music that's difficult to listen to because it creates a feeling of making progress.

I'd do nothing but I'm the opposite of that other user, I can only do that with albums I'm very familiar with and like otherwise I get too antsy.

this or walking tbqh.
if you have to do anything else to listen to the album it's probably not worth it
is that site still going?

Save it. All yours friend :)