GRAMMY NOMINATIONS

I know it has always been shit, but this seems so especially terrible.

Also, who the fuck is Sturgill Simpson?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>surprised that the list consists of your safe for work, PC, establishment shills and marketing juggernauts

idk personally i find it kind of weird at how this music is popular at all in the firstplace

Because it's instantly accessible, catchy and requires absolutely no patience.

Sturgill is the only good name that would remotely deserve to be on that list.

Sturgill is ourguy

>two albums from 2015 on that list
Come on now, and out of all the good music 2016 had to offer THIS was the best they could fucking put together? At least 2015 had some decent titles

The only reason Beyonce's album made the nomination is because of the "yasss bitch slay" culture

Drake is the most patrician out of all of them

But you can make music that fills all those criteria but is still kinda good.

But might lack the heavy marketing. This shit is literally force-fed to people, that's why it's popular.

Sturgill Simpson? Good for him, I hope he continues to make good music.

Sturgill is definitely the obligatory "rock" nomination they toss in every year to throw the Rolling Stone crowd a bone

but regardless his is far and away the best album up there

So glad we saved room for that Beiber album instead of Blackstar.

Fuck my life.

Sturg is patrician

I wasn't CRAZY crazy about that sturgill (a little too abrasive for me at points) but super creative and interesting and fun. The in bloom cover is really fucking good

13 year old white suburban teen pls

I know we all hate indie rock by now, but Arcade Fire's AOTY win in 2011 was a satisfying /ourguy/ moment for me.

Hes ded hows he supposed to accept an award ??????

adele > Sturgill > who even cares

His Producer/Wife/Kid/Musicians that worked on the album could collect it for him. The album deserves a fucking grammy.

Adele sings soul ballads for car commercials. She sucks.

A Moon Shaped Pool not making the cut is pretty laughable too desu

Radiohead is literally the best they're usually willing to nominate, they actually put out an incredible record this year and....nope.

and then obligatory Bowie/Blackstar complaint (though honestly I don't think it would've deserved it except for the fact that it would've been their one chance to award him finally, which I still can't believe they fucked up)

Plus they missed their obvious chance to have their cake and eat it too by awarding him and then having the All-Star Grammy David Bowie Tribute Starring Lady Gaga they want.

this

>rock
I think of him as more alt country

>A Moon Shaped Pool
>incredible record

Lemonade is so force memed that it's going to win, in all likelihood.

It's at absolute worst their 4 best record, kill the meme.

Do I need to listen to this Justin Bieber album? How is it a contender?

Lemonade is one of the worst things to ever happen to music; it's not even *that bad* at face value but the fucking religious like cult that's developed around it is the most insufferable bullshit to ever happen

No.

The Recording Academy is trolling.

So what it's gonna be? Lemonade to appear racially concious, or 25 because the Grammys have the blandest whitebread taste?

It's a half-decent pop album and no one expected that from Bieber. People like a redemption narrative.

>All-Star Grammy David Bowie Tribute
...FUCK I WANT THAT NOW.

We could have gotten a carpool karaoke with Bowie's corpse.

There isn't a single chance it isn't going to be Lemonade.

And I'm so pissed because I thought I Beck had finally killed off the meme with the assist from Kanye a couple years ago because there was real backlash against her after that happened

But nope. Here we are.

DAS RAYCISS

But Bowie was cremated

>Also, who the fuck is Sturgill Simpson?
Embarrassing. He's the alt-country psychedelia god and is also one of the best shows I've ever seen live, right up there with Radiohead and the Boss.

We could have had a carpool karaoke with David Bowie's ashes.

to ashes

>no fucking Blackstar

I know its the grammies and I shouldn't care but this makes me fucking sad.

Not saying its the best, but for a mainstream award show it defintely deserves at least a nomination.

I'm not allowed to write about that album because I'm white

Honestly the that the last time something remotely deserving of the award won.

I know, but literally every year they throw in a guitar-based album (broadly a "rock" album) to get the dadrock crowd invested

Actually surprised to see Sturgill there

That album is actually good and it's relatively unknown, but still a random nod out of a lot of good albums that dropped this year

Maybe they just put it on there to make the list look more "diverse"

>Weezer actually got nominated

YASS RIVERS SLAY

Beck? That was a pretty good pick as far as Grammys go

wtf I'm listening to Sturgill Simpson now and it's actually pretty good???

Fun Fact: Sturgill's album was going to be #1 on iTunes when it released but was overshadowed by Princes' death and panic buying of his albums because of the "I'm a longtime Prince fan" people

Yeah I guess, I didnt really like that album though

yee it's great
the only reason it's at the grammys is because he's their obligatory "lol we love small artists!!" nom this year

It's worse than Kid A, OKC, In Rainbows and HTTT. Better than everything else.

HTTT is their worst album though

>being this fucking retarded

It's clearly better than Pablo Honey, The Bends and The King of Limbs. I also think it's better than Amnesiac and AMSP.

>HTTT

get that shit out of there nigga

holy shit nigger have worse taste in music i dare you

fight me faggots, i think its their second best album

>drake views nominated
>the album that even normies panned

Stugill Simpson deserve it the most, he won
t win it though.

I'll defend HTTT. It's their most bloated and overlong even by their admission, there's a lot of filler for Radiohead standards, but half of it is among their best work too.

HTTT is definitely underrated.

Second best? Fucking kys and take your shit taste with you.

I can't do the typical Radiohead rankings anymore. At this point it goes by tiers, and OKC, Kid A, In Rainbows and AMSP would all be in the top tier for me.

>Not having TKOL on your top tier list

hello normie.

TKOL is only a tier up from Pablo Honey, my boy

>Best New Artist: Artists that you've known about for ages

When Reddit thinks they know music.

Dude, putting TKOL at the top of Radiohead's discography *is* a Reddit move.

You're either projecting or 17 years old, or (likely) both.

It's a very, very average record for them.

IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE?

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT HAVE BLACKSTAR AS NOMINATED FOR AOTY.

WHO THE FUCK IS STURGILL SIMPSON?

FUCKING NORMIES

>Normies
>Panned

It went 4 platinum a few days ago, somebody's got to be listening to it haha

God help us.

Fucking idiot

wow, normies are retarded

>Best new artist
>The Chainsmokers

I'm sorry what? #Selfie came out and put them on the map in 2014 ffs.

don't forget chance the rapper, he definitely didn't start to become popular in 2013 when he dropped acid rap

Oh fuck, THAT'S who that is?

Fucking christ.

P4K actually posted the Best New Artist criteria by the way, you can release up to 3 full length albums by their standards before you are no longer eligible for the Best New Artist Grammy.

It's literally built into the award. Fuck the Grammys.

Sturgill Simpson is what you have a problem with, and not Adele or Drake or Beyonce or the fucking Biebs? You've got your priorities misplaced

So you can just release singles and EP's and still be considered a new artist? What the hell?

Best dance recording is going to go to Chainsmokers because they are the hot thing right now. Flume would also be a good choice, but personally I prefer Say It better for Flume.

This is hilarious because fucking Joy Division and NMH technically qualify as 'New Artists' under that rule

Oops, sorry fucked that up. But yeah you could go for quite a while and still retain BNA eligibility:

>If the Grammys recognized free mixtapes as albums, then Chance wouldn’t even qualify for Best New Artist—nominees can’t have more than three albums or 30 singles/tracks to their name.

Well, the noms have me listening to Sturgill Simpson right now (and this thread as well)

I saw him do a Nirvana cover on Colbert or something over the summer, he sounded decent, the first track on his album is pretty solid.

Best New artist isn't literally "oh look this musician is new AND famous'

It just means that the artist emerged into the mainstream of pop culture and artists like chance and chainsmokers are in the running because mainstream pop culture just now is recognizing them

Hell this guy JUST heard about chainsmokers

lol
Thousand times this. Just think of it as their white album its got some of their best work for sure. A Wolf at the Door and Scatterbrain are GOAT.

3 of those 4 posts are mine including the defense of HTTT though!

You gotta stop hating on AMSP my guy, it's a great record. :(

yes even by drake standards.

Weren't there people who still legitimately did not know who the Arcade Fire was complaining about that?

>hating on Sturgill
no john you are the normies

>the guys who made youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0 are going to get a Grammy

i wish it was a great record but its not. Dull af

Metascore isn't normie.
Usually album sales are a tell tale sign. Nobody gives a shit about metascore accept for Sup Forumstants. An even more obvious metric is that One Dance was the most streamed song on spotify this year.

lol h8 2 be edgy hipster lord but seriously f a m who actually watches this trash. a bunch of rich jews pay to have these people 'nominated.'