Why do the French the only ones who always post in their own language? [Meta]

Is it just me, or are the French the only ones who always post in their own language.

And I mean always.

As in in threads that are entirely in English and to English posts were the language doesn't come up.

Like just now, I was browsing a perfectly good thread, and for no reason a Frenchanon responds to a random Australian post (I like Australian posts) in French for absolutely no reason at all.

It's just odd.

I literally never see any other posters do this. Just French posters.

The French aren't human, what do you expect?

OP here. I'm not trying to ban it. I'm just wondering what the point is.

Why do they do this? They know most of us don't understand it.

Brazilians and some other /lat/anons do that too.

Germans often use random German words in the middle of their Satz for no reason at all.

Russians and Poles do this too but I assume it's because they don't have an English equivalent.
Some Koreans here just use the wrong word altogether and it comes out like gibberish.

Enculé sale nègre

Haista vittu

A little racist, but lol.
Hmm... I haven't noticed it.
The French respond entirely in French. They don't just slip in a word from their native language without realising. They respond entirely in French.
Omg, you guys are gunna troll me. XD

My opinion is they do it for attention. They have a complex against the English language.

They consistently do it out of the blue. Perhaps they think it's tres charmant. Maybe it's an anti-Anglo protest.

The point is, it's retarded because in a random thread, most of us on Sup Forums aren't French, so it's just gibberish.

Any French-anons have input on this? Why do you think it's cool to post incomprehensible gibberish?

I've noticed and still do that too, user.
That's one of the main reasons why Ihate the french. englisch has been established as the world language and they still try to keep everything french for their reasons.

I wouldn't find it as odd if they didn't stick out like a sore thumb when they do it.

What purpose does it serve? They're really just edgy when they do it.

You're right. There are probably quite a few French posters who aren't comfortable that this website is English, given France's historical antagonism with England. They might feel like English supplanted French as the global language. When they carry out this behaviour, it comes from a place of inadequacy and frustration.

i need a french gf

Trust me, my friend of bronze complexion, you really don't.

because it really pisses off anglos

hell, they see french on signs and they think the nazis are coming for them

Speak white!
Il est si beau de vous entendre
Parler de Paradise Lost
Ou du profil gracieux et anonyme qui tremble dans les sonnets de Shakespeare

Nous sommes un peuple inculte et bègue
Mais ne sommes pas sourds au génie d’une langue
Parlez avec l’accent de Milton et Byron et Shelley et Keats
Speak white!
Et pardonnez-nous de n’avoir pour réponse
Que les chants rauques de nos ancêtres
Et le chagrin de Nelligan

Quelle est le problème ?

Speak white!
Parlez de choses et d’autres
Parlez-nous de la Grande Charte
Ou du monument à Lincoln
Du charme gris de la Tamise
De l’eau rose du Potomac
Parlez-nous de vos traditions
Nous sommes un peuple peu brillant
Mais fort capable d’apprécier
Toute l’importance des crumpets
Ou du Boston Tea Party

Mais quand vous really speak white
Quand vous get down to brass tacks

Pour parler du gracious living
Et parler du standard de vie
Et de la Grande Société
Un peu plus fort alors speak white
Haussez vos voix de contremaîtres
Nous sommes un peu durs d’oreille
Nous vivons trop près des machines
Et n’entendons que notre souffle au-dessus des outils

la fille qui a écrit ça était chaude dans le temps

Speak white and loud!
Qu’on vous entende
De Saint-Henri à Saint-Domingue
Oui quelle admirable langue
Pour embaucher
Donner des ordres
Fixer l’heure de la mort à l’ouvrage
Et de la pause qui rafraîchit
Et ravigote le dollar

> they see french on signs and they think the nazis are coming for them
It's exactly the reverse.

We Anglos don't feel threatened and are perfectly comfortable with other languages. It doesn't harm us at all.

The French are utterly butt-blasted by signs in English, or even Italian or some other language. Not just Quebec, but also in Belgium and Switzerland where they're minorities. Francophones have a siege mentality about their language. When in reality, French is a tremendously large and healthy language under no threat at all. Not from English or any other language.

Speak white!
Tell us that God is a great big shot
And that we’re paid to trust him
Speak white!
Parlez-nous production, profits et pourcentages
Speak white!
C’est une langue riche
Pour acheter
Mais pour se vendre
Mais pour se vendre à perte d’âme
Mais pour se vendre

Is this a mating call?

Ah! Speak white!
Big deal
Mais pour vous dire
L’éternité d’un jour de grève
Pour raconter
Une vie de peuple-concierge
Mais pour rentrer chez nous le soir
A l’heure où le soleil s’en vient crever au-dessus des ruelles
Mais pour vous dire oui que le soleil se couche oui
Chaque jour de nos vies à l’est de vos empires
Rien ne vaut une langue à jurons
Notre parlure pas très propre
Tachée de cambouis et d’huile

Yeah, look at Eurovision, which we are part of btw, yes, we're euros now, everybody speaks english to each other but those smelly stinking frogs can't stop speaking their girly faggoty language to everyone. What a bunch of gays.

>The French are utterly butt-blasted by signs in English, or even Italian or some other language.
yes we're buttblasted when a province with a population that's 80% french doesn't get basic rights like being able to read important signs
>When in reality, French is a tremendously large and healthy language under no threat at all. Not from English or any other language.
no? people keep bringing up africa like it fucking matters when they just speak some ooga booga dialect

No hobla

Speak white!
Soyez à l’aise dans vos mots
Nous sommes un peuple rancunier

Mais ne reprochons à personne
D’avoir le monopole
De la correction de langage

Dans la langue douce de Shakespeare
Avec l’accent de Longfellow
Parlez un français pur et atrocement blanc
Comme au Viêt-Nam au Congo
Parlez un allemand impeccable
Une étoile jaune entre les dents
Parlez russe, parlez rappel à l’ordre, parlez répression

Speak white!
C’est une langue universelle
Nous sommes nés pour la comprendre
Avec ses mots lacrymogènes
Avec ses mots matraques

Speak white!
Tell us again about Freedom and Democracy
Nous savons que liberté est un mot noir
Comme la misère est nègre
Et comme le sang se mêle à la poussière des rues d’Alger ou de Little Rock

Speak white!
De Westminster à Washington, relayez-vous!
Speak white comme à Wall Street
White comme à Watts
Be civilized
Et comprenez notre parler de circonstance
Quand vous nous demandez poliment
How do you do?
Et nous entendez vous répondre
We’re doing all right
We’re doing fine
We are not alone

Nous savons que nous ne sommes pas seuls

Sorry guys.
You know, for being just a little less cucked than the others.

I guess that our famous arrogance isn't stolen after all.

Mais si notre lyrisme hautain vous écoeure,
Si vous ne pouvez souffrir cette humeur résistante,
C'est que vous sentez bien au fond de vos coeurs
Que là se trouve la force d'une nation ardente.

I would to disagree with you there Australianon. French isn't that girly.

> yes we're buttblasted when a province with a population that's 80% french doesn't get basic rights like being able to read important signs
Piss off with your persecution complex. The language police in Quebec won't let a single word on signage that isn't in compliance with the Académie Française.

We all know about the infamous "pasta restaurant" sign that was taken down for using the Italian world "pasta" instead of the French "pâtes".

In your vain attempts to "save" your language, you become what you claim to want to vanquish. You're hypocrites.

Also, the Democratic Republic of Congo will be the largest French speaking country in coming decades, so stick that in your pipe.

>They know most of us don't understand it.

Oh si tu comprends, la moitié de ton vocabulaire est littéralement du français.

>the language police
no use even arguing with you

> no use even arguing with you
The final words of a scoundrel.

>Also, the Democratic Republic of Congo will be the largest French speaking country in coming decades

The funny (and tragic?) thing is that african-speaking is more understandable for french people than québecois.

no, i think YOU'RE the scoundrel

acting like the OQLF is some kind of police force is retarded and you know it

Pourquoi est-ce que tu pépé detestes?

Personne ne déteste le maréchal pépétain à part les gauchistes, malaysie-kun

J'ai oublié l'image en relation

NOUS ESSAYONS AVOIR UN DISCUSSION RAISONABLE!!!!!

Why are anglo cucknadians so pissed off about Québec ? Is it because it's the best place in Canada ?

When speaking English, the question mark goes straight after the word. Do you see what I mean?

We aren't all that pissed off.

We're more like a parent with an obnoxious child. She cries and complains constantly, but she's just a kid. Just make sure she doesn't hurt herself with her temper tantrums.
Honestly, I'm just happy enough it's in English. Spelling and punctuation will come with time.

>the best place in Canada ?
It's the last place in Canada. Everything else is another state of the US.

Fr*nch is fucking cancer

even in Africa their disgusting language is ruining everything

Literally everywhere on this planet fr*gs destroy everything

You were saying?

How many miles can you run?

I hope nobody is writing a long reply to this. I was mostly joking and copying that New Zealand guy

I was too upset to write, literally shaking.

> I hope nobody is writing a long reply to this
Don't worry. No one on here's time is important.

>We Anglos don't feel threatened and are perfectly comfortable with other languages. It doesn't harm us at all.

So why are you complaining about us speaking only french? Which isn't true considering most of us post in english most of time, except on our general...

Just curious I was getting hints of resentment.

This behaviour is just a bit odd. I was making sure you guys were alright.

You guys are usually a bit edgy, but I've noticed how frequent it's been getting lately.

If it makes you feel any better, I think your language is fine. It won't be going anywhere for a long, long, long time. There's nothing to be upset about.

it's the fucking generals man

generals need to be banned

>but also in Belgium and Switzerland where they're minorities
Don't project your "countries" dysfunction on to other countries. You know fuck-all about Switzerland

Je sais pas. C'est un peu impoli, ouais, mais on devrait savoir au moins le français basique (surtout si on sait une autre langue d'origine latin), et s'il y a d'autres Français (ou Québécois et tout ça) dans un fils, pourquoi pas? Tout le monde le fait.

Mais s'il y a des canadiens dans un fils, n'est-ce pas automatiquement un fils de pute ?

Bien sûr que non, les Québécois sont basés. Litéralemment les seuls Canadiens de bon sens.

I can sus out your little convo. You are wrong.

Quebec is pretty much the same, they just happen to speak their "langue", and they get sort of pissy about it, but it's basically just a French speaking Ontario.

>but it's basically just a French speaking Ontario.
no fucking way, you anglo prick

Don't you ever compare shittiest province to based Québec again, espèce de putain de feuille.

>this one american tryhard

cringed @ this post desu.

And you're surprised when people call the French arrogant?

yeah, i'm arrogant when people flat out LIE about shit

i've been to ontario, and it felt like i was in a completely different country, and it was nothing but chinks and muslims

no one spoke a word of french, or even english sometimes, and everyone was just so cold

merci :)

Remember when "frogs" referred to the Dutch?

>the only ones who always post in their own language.
the dutch and swedes are way worse with this (swinegols, for anyone who was actually here back in 2012 and remembers how they were THE most hated)

at least the french have the excuse that they dislike english and are better at their native language. we all know the dutch and swedeniggers are doing this specifically to pollute the board of their disgusting, eye and ear cancer excuse for languages.

> it felt like i was in a completely different country, and it was nothing but chinks and muslims
> no one spoke a word of french, or even english
That's certainly an exaggeration, and there are ethnic enclaves in Montreal as well. I don't support them, but they crop up in most of our big cities.

The French language is an inherently obnoxious and territorially aggressive language, founded on Linguicide. Less than 2 decades ago there were a plethora of French dialects and indeed completely independent languages in France.

Earlier a Frenchmen made a point about Africans being more comprehendable than Canadians. That's because French Canada was settled before the Republican regimes killed off the dozens of Gallic dialects, as well as the Basque, Alsatian, Flemish and Corsican languages.

In French culture there is such a visceral fear of linguicide, because Langue D'Oil itself has been such a prolific cannibal of so many languages.

English can be accused of much the same, but much of Britain had been uniformly Anglicised by the end of the Dark Ages, and indeed English itself took on a period of Norman colonisation. English never developed the nagging fear that it may go extinct or it may be next.

Francophones culture suffers collective neurosis and a serious crisis or confidence.

Indeed, the place where the French language is booming, Africa, isn't appreciated.

Altogether, I'd say Francophone existential dread excercises and awful lot of hypocrisy and paranoia.

>Less than 2 decades ago there were a plethora of French dialects and indeed completely independent languages in France.
that's called media influence, and with the internet it's only gonna be more condensed

> Less than 2 decades ago

Meant centuries, not decades.

Lot of spelling mistakes in this. It's kind of late, but it's still on point.

That's my assessment of "francophone existential dread", anyway.

mmkay well that's on the French for colonizing Africa. Furthermore, I think Québec will always hold onto the French language, they've done a bang-up job so far, and both they and France have their own language academies so I think it's pretty safe for the time being. That being said, I get the feeling the millenials don't care for their language as much as those from the 90s and before, as it seems more and more I see anglicisms in French (especially Québécois).

>Indeed, the place where the French language is booming, Africa, isn't appreciated.

Because France doesn't want to have to contend with the very people they dominated and made their linguistic bitch for control of the French language. Frances relationship with French Africa is.... complicated and honestly pretty douchey.

petain etait un traitre

Because English is a beautiful language and we won't to speak it for nothing. So we say superficial things in French : Espèce d'enculé de Canadien des mes boules, vas sucer un putain de yéti.
We don't want to pollute your superior langage with our silly dialect, specially on this multi-languages board!
We're sorry, renifleurs de pets de tortues.

Are you retarded? You only sound butthurt with posts like this, just like OP said

I tried to joke...
Don't take it at 1st degree.

foreigners don't have the concept of degrees

Then what do they hand out at universities? RADIANS?

Baka gaijins

Oh ce pépé, merci user.

I've seen it too, but only on this board, never really understood why they do that

Just wondering...do americans have accent on their keyboard ? Like é, è, à ?

>Literally everywhere on this planet fr*gs destroy everything
Like what for example ? Why do you all fucking hate us ?
Why don't you hate the brits, the krauts or the americans for a change? wtf the fuck have we done to the world you fucking fag ?

Only if they're imported from Europe, or specialty/international keyboards (which are readily available).

Our keyboards have no diacritics on the buttons, though you can select that type of keyboard on your OS or hotkey those characters. The standard North American and the standard British keyboard don't come with diacritics marked on the keyboard, because English doesn't use diacritics.

Nice word play there.

Ça vous pose un problème ? Bande de bouffons mdr

what the fuck haha

Hahazertyuiop lol

oh yeah, that too

but what I noticed is your accented vowels are up there with the numbers, wtf