What was the point of this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

visual-memory.co.uk/faq/index.html#slot3
youtube.com/watch?v=_NxHrbfxaLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

John Candy was on set in his Spaceballs costume and asked for a cameo

To appease furryfag sjws

visual-memory.co.uk/faq/index.html#slot3

>it's in the book. When Jack's in the party in the 20's, he sees the older guy say if he acts like a dog, he'd treat him nicely.

This scene is always so fucking weird it scares me every single time.

to make you feel uncomfortable

>trips confirm

To ruin my sleep that night

Was this scene or something similar in the book?

The scene or this shot?

The demons in the hotel mocking Wendy by acting out her deepest repressed memory, when she accidentally walked in on her son going down on Jack.

Wendy realized that her husband molested Danny

lots of retarded theories surrounding the movie but this one seems pretty compelling:

youtube.com/watch?v=_NxHrbfxaLI

I would love to believe this as well as many other Ager theories, but for a film to be that understated just seems unrealistic.

Kubricks arousal?

what else would it be? a bizarre, pointless scene?

I don't know.

To scare the everloving shit out of me?

There are a few ghost scenes from the novel that I would have liked to see pop up in the Kubrick film. When Danny is confronted by the dogman is one of them.

It's a reference to the book. At the Golden Room party Jack observes a closet homosexual taking advantage of another homosexual (who is obsessed with the closet homosexual) by leading him on and forcing him to dress like a dog and parade him around the party.

why would the movie disregard the book to the point that the author hated it but still put in some random scene with no explanation or context? while also putting in a bunch of bears throughout the movie for no reason?

I don't actually think the film does disregard the book as much as King evidently does (his main gripe seems to be Kubrick's evasion of Jack's alcoholism), but you're right, it is odd he left that in at all.

It's clearly linked symbolically with Danny. The entire movie is layered with imagery showing us that Danny's psychological problems stem from something that was put in his mouth.

>while also putting in a bunch of bears throughout the movie for no reason?
They didn't, that's just a coincidence
>b-but muh perfectionist .

how is it a coincidence?

>>Stanley, there are bears all over this hotel, want me to clean them up before we start filming
>nah who gives a shit

It's all very much by design user.

It's much more frightening in the movie than the book because of the movie's lack of context. We're still baffled by it and trying to decipher it today, so I think it was pretty effective.

It wasn't actually done in purpose, they catched the two dudes blowing each other while filming and decided to include it in the final product