Can someone tell me why they hate Queen so much...

Can someone tell me why they hate Queen so much? I mean they're not great but they're not horrible enough to demand the kind of hate on Sup Forums

are u just contrarian

It's the fanbase and reddit. I love Queen but some of their fans are cringeworthy.

They're a neat band I enjoy every now and then. Sup Forums has horrible taste in general, so you should really ignore what they say for the most part.

>Sup Forums has horrible taste in general
nah. Sup Forumss charts although not too high-brow or avant-garde have some pretty amazing albums and the albums that get spammed here as mucore are pretty decent senpai.

let's hear what your taste is. name 5 to 10 of your favorite/best albums.

"Mustapha" is merely a clumsy and pretentious rewrite of "Hernando's Hideaway," which has about as much to do with Middle Eastern culture as street-corner souvlaki.

But it's easy to ascribe too much ambition to Queen. "Fat Bottomed Girls" isn't sexist — it regards women not as sex objects but as objects, period (the way the band regards people in general). When Mercury chants, in "Let Me Entertain You," about selling his body and his willingness to use any device to thrill an audience, he isn't talking about a sacrifice for his art. He's just confessing his shamelessness, mostly because he's too much of a boor to feel stupid about it.
Whatever its claims, Queen isn't here just to entertain. This group has come to make it clear exactly who is superior and who is inferior. Its anthem, "We Will Rock You," is a marching order: you will not rock us, we will rock you. Indeed, Queen may be the first truly fascist rock band. The whole thing makes me wonder why anyone would indulge these creeps and their polluting ideas.

I listen to a lot of Metal but I think the metal general fsgd havr awful taste, so no matter what I post Sup Forums won't like it.
Most mucore I've ever heard is either hot garbage or just good but not good enough to be considered great. The only exception I can think of is Spiderland.

>claiming Farrokh "Freddie Mercury" Bulsara doesn't know Middle Eastern culture

top lel

I just realized my phone fucked up my spelling so bad

Sup Forums is nothing but contrarians. They hate anything popular and then when I counter with "so what do you listen to then?" 9 times out of 10 the thing they like that they claim is so much better is absolute dog shit.

remember this is the board that unironically likes Neutral Milk Hotel and think Radiohead is the best band ever

>Sup Forums is nothing but contrarians
>remember this is the board that unironically likes Neutral Milk Hotel and think Radiohead is the best band ever
You realize these are two contradictory statements, right? NMH is an indie critical darling and Radiohead is one of the most acclaimed and popular rock bands of the modern era if not all time.

>much are such contrarians
>this is the board that unironically likes Neutral Milk Hotel and think Radiohead is the best band ever

dope brain dude

I don't think Sup Forums hates Queen really, it's just a meme, and they're a boring band to talk about

post your favorite albums senpai.
I don't listen to metal but the albums I've found from here in other genres are pretty great imo (specially from shoegaze).

mucore is very very polarizing. almost all albums on it are extremely controversial (Except a few like okc by radiohead). If you're not into that kind of stuff you probably won't approve. That coupled with the fact that you're into metal makes it apparent why you hate mu's taste.

That still doesn't make Sup Forumscore bad. It just means that the genre's and style of what you're into is different. Not superior.

>i can't into that style so it must be hot garbage and muh taste is superior.

>Sup Forums is nothing but contrarians
>Sup Forumscore has nmh and radiohead and kanye

are you autistic? Sup Forums literally has kpop threads, kanye threads, taylor threads and other threads discussing the most mainstream or non-contrarian artists.
just because your music taste isn't worshiped here doesn't make mu/ contrarian.

ok so how many of u shit on other people's tastes to shoot down projections of their own insecurity
> gotta have muh good taste

like what is your reasoning behind hate upon genre's and bands

I don't really hate them. But all the Queen I've heard is terribly cheesy and annoying. And on top of that old men and redditors treat them like a gift from god in the form of a gay Zoroastrian.

reminder: Sup Forums is a single person with one taste in music

I know you're being sarcastic, but it pretty much is.

on point.

they're boring and uninteresting. they might have made good music but very little of it is different or polarizing or extremely groundbreaking.

they're basic. that coupled with the fact that they enjoy so much popularity everywhere as if they're gods of music and are just as famous and revered (if not more) as other bands like floyd or radiohead evokes some sort of irate disdain.

>metal
Opinion discarded

THUNDER
LIGHTNING
VERY VERY FRIGHTENING
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

you're =literally= a pleb if you can't recognize how good queen is.

it's not because they're musical geniuses, it's because they're so technically gifted and mercury has an amazing voice. songwriting and innovation were probably their weakest points, but they were at least decent at it and made up for it by making so many hits. Bohemian Rhapsody would not fucking work if any other band did it... think about it. Only they had the chaps to pull it off and make it a hit.

Because I never want to participate in an ebin forced bohemian rhapsody sing-along ever again.

>but but ...muh bohemian rhapsody!!!1!!
erry fucken time queenfags resort to this track. yes. we get it. it's a great track and works mostly because mercury's vocals are on point. But saying it wouldn't work with any other band is dumb as fuck.

Also, a great voice shouldn't merit as much popularity as they got desu.

>songwriting and innovation were probably their weakest points
literally the two most important things of making music imo. what's the point of being techically gifted if you can't make shit that isn't generic or significantly above average?

I'm not saying queen is bad. They're pretty good. But the fact that they get so much unwarranted praise tends to heighten my dislike for them.

>literally the two most important things of making music imo.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but you're a moron if you can't see why other people don't value the same things as you do when it comes to music. I don't particularly like queen that much either but I don't get mad when people praise them. The praise is warranted I just told you why, you just want to be a contrarian and feel superior "but they didn't invent anything it's so generic" like that's a requirement to be a great band.

what part of:
>"I'm not saying queen is bad. They're pretty good. But the fact that they get so much unwarranted praise tends to heighten my dislike for them."

do you not understand?

I see why people like them just like I see why people find taylor swift enjoyable. I just dislike the fact that they're revered so much without making anything significantly outstanding or groundbreaking. I get that people value other things more which is fine by me. Doesn't mean I have to like them or agree with their praise.

Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.

>unwarranted

there you go using that word again.

look The Velvet Underground & Nico aint my thing, but I'm not going to be mad if everyone on this board thinks it's better than The Dark Side of The Moon, because I can recognize when praise is warranted even if I don't like a particular thing and even if I disagree. Do you understand?

Can you not respect and praise something for what they are objectively even if subjectively you don't have the same taste? You seem to lack the mental capacity to do so.

>I listen to a lot of Metal
>Most mucore I've ever heard is either hot garbage or just good but not good enough to be considered great
I think I've identified why

i recognize that people like and praise it because they enjoy it.

>Can you not respect and praise something for what they are objectively
wew

no. just because half the world loves taylor swift doesn't mean i have to respect or appreciate her. if someone comes up to me and says taylor swift is a musical genius who is exceptionally talented and musically gifted and deserves to go down in history as that then I don't have to respect their opinion. They're free to believe it. I respect that they enjoy it that much but I don't have to agree to their opinion.

similarly, good for you if you like queen. but don't expect me to agree with all your praise of them because from my perspective it is unworthy (since i attach value to things that they don't live up to).

It's not really metal, it's very cheesy rock. It's for people that don't like music so they can have a favourite band

>It's for people that don't like music so they can have a favorite band
/thread

Their first 4 albums are pretty solid.

>but don't expect me to agree with all your praise of them because from my perspective it is unworthy (since i attach value to things that they don't live up to).

if everyone has to like the same things you like for you to consider them "worthy of praise" then that makes you an arrogant idiot hipster faggot. Oh, and a contrarian because you said other people liking Queen makes you dislike them, typical contrarian behavior.

Oh and you're also an idiot because judging from your posts you either can't actually see what makes queen so great (their talent) OR you don't actually think they're technically gifted. Either way you're retarded, don't @ me again because I'm done talking to you

overhype leads to unnecessary idol worship

overrated garbage

lol don't get your panties in a twist because the pleb shit you enjoy is being shit on.