Metal of 2016

What are Sup Forums's favorite metal albums of 2016? No particular order and any and all subgenres welcomed. Pic related, definitely near the top of my list. With Dillinger calling it quits I'm looking to Car Bomb and Frontierer to keep that chaotic sound alive.

I'll post a few of my personal standouts from this year to get started.

Other urls found in this thread:

jutegyte.bandcamp.com/album/perdurance
youtube.com/shared?ci=d8s1tdEreV8
youtube.com/watch?v=Mqcnb9DaQ6I
youtube.com/watch?v=s9xR1CXmhLk
mizmor.virb.com/store
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obviously

Also obviously

this fucking album. I don't care that it came out at the end of 2015 desu, i've been playing it all year

Best

This

Really? Honest question. I liked P2 so so SO much better, and their earlier stuff even moreso. I didn't HATE P3 but I certainly found it forgettable, and not among my favorites this year.

Well i thought it had more memorable Tracks than P2. And I think it is one of their best Albums next to Juggernaut Alpha

We've got a whole year to get them a Grammy for packaging

>djent
>metal

Gojira - Magma
Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage (hater's gonna hate)
Hail Spirit Noir - Mayhem in Blue

Decibel magazine list is pretty good this year.

Khemmis got aoty

the best. especially Meta jesus fucking christ

This got 3 on decibel and their 2 was an ep nails. So their top 2 albums were both from Denver

Coincidence? Was it like 2 super bowls ago that it was Denver and Seattle?

May i ask the name of the album?

Varahtelijah was my favourite memetal album this year tbqh

Dude xylophones lmao

Pedsectioned

Fair enough. It did have some pretty stellar songwriting. Still have Marigold in rotation if nothing else.

Um...no, not at all that...

It's "Orange Mathematics" by Frontierer. Some balls to the wall mathcore for dat ass.

Jute Gyte - Perdurance jutegyte.bandcamp.com/album/perdurance

What's this?

>subgenres

Orange Mathematics by Frontierer

youtube.com/shared?ci=d8s1tdEreV8

cheers

Np user let us know what you think.

I've never heard guitars chug quite so chuggily. It's very precise performance/production, all things considered. Just wish the vocalist sounded a little less like a pussy.

Best part's the cover ;)

Yeah i agree, i like it for the chaos. Only their second release so they have room to grow. That said, the album in OP is also a second release and its fucking god tier. Car Bomb has a bright future.

Dude seriously. I was so pleasantly surprised when i got the cd in the mail, they provided a really strong package. The punchout guitar picks were a nice touch lol although a bit thin for me personally.

Anaon Meta shook me to the core. Like i was so pleasantly surprised by it. I love everything Car Bomb stands for sonically.

Apparently i say "pleasantly surprised" a lot, but both instances are accurate

>

It was pretty good, but for being "one long songs" there are clear points where they didn't know how to transition.
It's return to form I guess but don't really see why everyone is losing their mind's over it

I mostly agree with this user

There's some unabashedly excellent metal there, though.

Probably need to go back to it
Im just really sick of melodeath lately

not even a competition

I think i formatted my response pretty shitty in
It feels overhyped to me like you (i assume that's you) were saying, but on the other hand theres some legitimate greatness there as well. Its not perfection but it's a pretty great release among a year of great music.

Slight side note: i feel like 2016 has been shit for everything BUT music, especially as an American where politics have ruled everything. Lots of top tunes coming out this year and I'm happy to remember 2016 for that.

/thread

thanks for making me look like a samefag asshole

>guy who posted the album here
Yeah I love this album just because it's a different direction for them, plus the song's fuckin amazing. Their production quality never ceases to amaze me.

OP here, thank you for this. Exactly why i made this thread, to find the gems i missed. Skipping around here and there and this album is just everything.

jesus fucking christ, dillenger escape plan, animals as leaders and periphery? why the fuck did I ever go into a Sup Forums metal thread.

>someone's a tad upset

good dubs

Did you read the whole thread or just come up with the edgiest, dumbest response you could and ran with it? Fuck off tasteless titsucker

This and these

Its all taste. Post music, stop bitching like a kid throwing a tantrum because people like other music.

shit I keep forgetting to listen to this fully, I remember it having some sick riffs

As much as I really wanted to love that album, I found the riffs to get kinda repetitive around the second half
now that's some good shit

It's a great album but it gets boring really fast

Better than Koloss, worse than obZen

Better than the Joy of Motion, on par with weightless, stop the thumping gimmick already tho

lel

Bretty good album

Metal AOTY, easily

anything but this is wrong

Post yours then and actually contribute.

I actually liked these a lot

AOTY

it actually isn't, it's their third album

but neverthless it's very good

garbage

RapeEveryone's compilation album, to be completely fucking honest.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mqcnb9DaQ6I

Not even a contest for me. I waited a long time for this album, and even though it wasn't finished, it's everything I hoped for.

Moon Tooth, Dillinger, First Fragment, DGD and Thank You Scientist are some other honorable mentions.

Go back to /rMetal, then.

I would suck dick to find a physical cd copy of this. I'm not paying £60 that eBay sellers want

One of my favorite this year.

I know it's basically Hell Awaits 2.0, but it's the best Hell Awaits 2.0 I've ever heard.

nothing beats this for me
youtube.com/watch?v=s9xR1CXmhLk

there aren't cd copies.
you can get the vinyl on his store or eroding winds
mizmor.virb.com/store

Thanks /nbbmn/, this is was a super cool one. High-energy and good production, best new black metal I've heard in a long time.
Also really enjoyed the new Oathbreaker, even if it did feel like it was hounding Deafheaven at points. Great vocals.
It's a shame, I actually enjoyed the music on this but the mastering is abominable, hurts to listen to

Absolutely ebin

Also Sumerlands

one of the best things i've heard all year

kids still listen to metal in 2016?

The Well - Pagan Science

Metal is the only rock genre still worth listening to

Messa - Belfry

metal album of the year by far, very far

Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard

underrated post

halfway through the first track right now. how the fuck did I not listen to this sooner?

>Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard
God what a cringeworthy name

It's very tongue in cheek, but they make some good, heavy stoner metal.

I liked it

This album was boring as fuck

I really liked this, possibly their best

This album sucked, and I really liked Juggernaut

holy fuck I forgot about this one

is this -core tho? that's the only thing that kept me from it

Loved these, pic related or the new Moonspurdo is my metal AOTY

Right now, Bethlehem.
Meta was great as well.

Not the best album of the year, but man is it great to see Darkthrone returning to their roots. Burial Fields was my favorite track.