Star Trek

What was the best episode of Star Trek, across all series excluding Deep Space 9, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q= the name of that voyager episode where the time goes extremely fast on that one planet
st-minutiae.com/resources/scripts/535.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=BwbPRCRkMy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the Pale Moonlight

And I don't know why you'd exclude Deep Space 9

The best part of Star Trek is your imgur filename

Tapestry because of the importance of passion and not being a pussy.

It's the Motion Picture and you know it.
>Best ship
>Most cinematic (best photography)
>Biggest themes
>Coolest villain
>Hottest babe
>Most charismatic captain
>Spock says orifice

Second to last episode of tng because they finally get rid of wesely for good. In my mind he dies in a cardassian invasion the moment they leave orbit.

And penetrate!

whats the name of that voyager episode where the time goes extremely fast on that one planet

>In my mind he dies in a cardassian invasion the moment they leave orbit.
Yet another reason why Gul Dukat did nothing wrong

That one was a cool concept but not really a great script.

I think it's called "I'm made of force fields and light, of course I was lying about reproducing with an organic lifeform"

lmgtfy.com/?q= the name of that voyager episode where the time goes extremely fast on that one planet

google is amazing

Considering his prodigious medical knowledge, he could have maybe artificially inseminated his 'wife' with DNA matching that of Zimmerman
Zimmerman was essentially him in both appearance and personality

>spock: i am about to penetrate the v'ger orifice

>long shot of giant space sphincter

>bones: What do you suggest we do? Spank it?

Can't flim flam the zim zam

>That's why you came to me, isn't it captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing. Well, it worked. And you'll get what you wanted: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant, and all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal... and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

Yet another reason Garak is the most based character in Star Trek across all shows.

>Literal nazi
>Did nothing wrong

Pick one.

Necessary Evil

>tfw you used to fantasize about being a Starfleet officer
>watch Tapestry
>realize that you would never make it past Ensign

>It's a Quark uses war orphans to manipulate Julian and Miles into playing a game of Space Ball so he can make latinum from the betting pool

Is there anything this man wouldn't do?

First of all, im-fucking-plying the Nazis did anything wrong
Second, do you really believe the numbers and tales the Bajwhorans spit out? In one episode kira talks about how '15 million' died, but in the episode where they are at the bajoran orphanage school the number the kids are learning is 5-10 million
If Kira is willing to blatantly exaggerate the death toll by a 50-200% order, who is to say the smaller number isn't propgandized bullshit too? For all we know the death toll was a few thousand and most of those were caused by Bajoran terrorism
We also know that once Gul Dukat became leader of the occupation, death tolls went down drastically, and lots of infrastructure was given to Bajor. Gul Dukat loved the Bajorans like a parent and even had children with Bajorans who we saw him treat as he would treat any Cardassian woman - perhaps better.
Dukat's crimes were Bajoran lies and unfortunate things the Cardassian High Command forced him to do

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>First of all, im-fucking-plying the Nazis did anything wrong

All opinions are now discarded.

>tfw Reg Barkley who is an expert engineer on the level of LaForge can't make it past lieutenant because of his shit social skills
>tfw Riker and Riker lookalikes like Sam Lavelle get promoted to leadership positions because they are smooth and cool chads

Actually, it's an initialism representing the title of the image, Star Trek the Next Generation with the Original Series colours. So fu*k you, .

as constant as the tide

>tfw you used to fantasise about being a Starfleet officer
>watch Coming of Age
>realise that you would never even get picked to take the insane test you have to pass to get into the academy

The Weird Planet Where Time Moved Very Fast and So Did the People Who Lived There

Best of Both Worlds I desu

>tfw there will never be another Gary Seven episode

All good things.

>muh liberal hugbox can't accept counternarratives!
Reminder that /trk/ is a conservative recurrent-thread for a conservative franchise

Not that user, but what a convenient way to dismiss many of his very valid points, specifically about the numbers taught to Bajorans in terms of deaths and the number Kira proposes.

This is the type of intellectual laziness and fallacious logic that allows modern leftist thinking to predominate.

> It's a Ds9 butthurt brigade can't handle the bantz thread

Lavelle looked like a Chad but was about as smooth as sandpaper.

>"Evening, Commander. So I heard you're from Canada.."
>"Alaska, actually.."
>"O-oh wow, that's.. that's cool, let me get you a drink."
>*bartender literally just refilled it*

I'm sorry but replying with "All opinions are now discarded." doesn't count as "bantz"

Fuck sake, try at least a little bit will ya'.

>spills spaghetti in front of commanding officer
>still gets promoted
Based Chad genetics at work. Fucking FACE HEIGHT and FRAME at it again.

Reg was so awkward even the Captain was roasting him.

Merely pretending because daddy didn't give you the attention you didn't deserve.

Wish we would've gotten a Commander Hobson reprise.
Data won over his respect and the actor was great; set tension at palpably uncomfortable - ENGAGE!

>DS9 butthurt brigade
But I'm a PatrENTian

>Based Shran
Only good thing about ENT

What is the armament of the lollipop?

>That acne-scarring
Couldn't they fix that by the 24th century?

À salut!

>he missed the episode where Dukat admitted to Sisko that he enjoyed being despotic towards the Bajorans and would've killed every last one of them
Hello newfriend. I look forward to your trying to fit the philosophy of Star Trek into your tinfoil hat Sup Forums rationalizations.

It's considered chic

I agree, but he did make a good point originally about the numbers of Bajoran deaths fluctuating.
The rest was poppycock.

>He missed the fact that Dukat spent the entire episode hallucinating due to PTSD over the murder of his daughter while being constantly needled by Captain Absentee Father
I thought the left were supposed to have compassion for the sick and infirm

Wait, there was an old thread about this where it was discussed that Dukat by that point in time was psychologically unstable because of the death of Ziyal.
He was clearly rambling with hallucinations of Kira, Weyoun, and Damar, and couldn't be considered to be saying things that represented his past self.
Otherwise, he wouldn't have cared the least bit about Ziyal.

I think you're the one who missed it, considering you seem to forget Dukat was out of his mind and literally seeing visions of raving phantoms, goaded on by Sisko
>anyone who disagrees with me is Sup Forums!
Back to you go

>it's a everyone who thinks the Nazis or Gul Dukat did anything wrong is a leftist episode

>implying Gul Dukat hadn't been out of his mind since S01E01

>goaded on by Sisko

But that's wrong. His hallucinations were goading him on, especially his hallucinations of Kira.

>unstable because of the death of Ziyal.
Baaawww! This bitch I knew about and left in a prison camp for most of her life! The one I was going to kill myself! No! She's dead! A bloo bloo bloo.

Sisko was the one who talked him into the subject of killing the Bajorans and hating them. See the script, towards the very bottom:
st-minutiae.com/resources/scripts/535.txt

Wow, you VOYfags have a lot of pent up anger about DS9's characters
You should talk to a councillor or something

Sisko didn't make him say what he said. Sisko was merely humoring Dukat, it's even said in the episode by hallucination-Kira.

I thought shirking personal responsibility was a liberal trait :^)

Q Who?

Q: If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

>Those meaty paws
least she had good milkdoods

You didn't get the point, it was part of the actual story that he was unstable (I guess you missed the part of him babbling in the holding cell).
This made Waltz the beginning of his character losing control.
Prior to, he wouldn't have even spoken those things to his fellow officers, as evidenced by the Kira's mom was his mistress episode.

they don't call her Marina Sirtits for nothing

>WE
>WUZ
>KANG

>purposefully forgetting the entire character arc of Dukat from beginning to end because someone made him seem like a good-guy
Fucking pathetic.

kek'd

Thanks, you made me chuckle.

Anonymous and Anonymous on the Sup Forums. Anonymous his jpeg uploaded! The captcha, its riddle solved. Anonymous, at rest.

>I-Its not HIS FAULT that he had genocidal ideations
>Its SISKOS FAULT for talking to him
>n-no wait
>Its YOUR FAULT for not paying attention to the plot

I thought shirking personal responsibility was a liberal trait :^)

Post a character and the holographic imageboard they frequent
/k/

Sup Forums

I didn't say it was Sisko's fault, that was someone else.
I didn't say it was his fault but that he had his daughter killed by a fellow officer and that was part of his character arc as he lost control and everyone he previously had umbrage with would naturally be hated to an extreme to him now.
You omit this very important part of the story because it negates your "argument" which isn't anything at all other than one sentence.
Where's the macros?

I am genuinely at a loss as to whether you are baiting here or unironically mad at the Cardassians for murdering/oppressing Bajorans
The Bajorans are the most annoying, subhuman race of whiny inbred curs that ever graced the Trek universe. Within that script I posted Dukat straight up outlines everything the audience thought about them over the years from TNG to DS9
The writers were so butthurt that audiences supported Dukat and the Cardassians that they wrote in the whole space-Satan arc for him.

I feel bad for you if you don't agree with Dukat that he should have exterminated every last one of them, starting with 'MUH EVERYTHING' Nerys

>enterprise sucked

This is what I think although apparently Sup Forums has a different opinion? Why is this?

Its been over a decade since I watched enterprise. I remember not being a fan of the theme song, not caring about the past in the star trek universe. Star trek is about the future after all. I don't remember the characters being particularly interesting either. No borg crewmember, no holographic doctor, no android etc.

Should I give this show another chance? Is it not as bad as its made out to be?

The captcha, its riddle solved.

I concede that the PTSD from Damar killing Ziyal pushed him over the edge, psychologically.

But that still doesn't mean user isn't trying to absolve Dukat of personal responsibility :^)

One user claims the Nazis did nothing wrong but then uses good arguments for why Dukat wasn't completely malevolent.
Crafty way of starting a flame war.
People just type..

>>Sup Forums
>>/reddit/

As ways of inciting further nonsense and adding nothing to the discussion.

Dukat seems more like the Sup Forums guy
Garak is /lgbt/ or /lit/, Damar is /ck/

>Its not Dukats fault, it was the Bajorans fault for being so annoying!

I thought shirking personal responsibility was a liberal trait ;^)

>>implying Gul Dukat hadn't been out of his mind since S01E01
You're right.

>Ordering the Cardassians investigating his disappearance to stand down instead of conquering the station like they easily could?
Out of his mind
>Assigning a third party to investigate crime on the station instead of killing random Bajorans like your bosses want
Pants on head retarded
>Treating Bajoran comfort women well and providing for their families instead of just raping them and killing their families for fun?
Sign of madness
>Throwing away his political career just so his bastard daughter would have a home instead of murdering her like Cardassian society expected him to
Oy Vey, its anuddah shoah

Dukat was a great man and your lies don't stand up to even a cursory examination of his behaviour

Oh look, disgusting racists laughing at/participating in disgusting racist memes.

Why don't you get the fuck out of here and leave? You aren't appropriate for Star Trek threads.

You misunderstand his post. I thought it was just bait at first too but he was responding to

I was replying to , you easily-triggered cuck.

>Garak is /lgbt/

Not this meme again. He totally would've fucked Ziyal if Damar hadn't ganked her.

>I thought shirking personal responsibility was a liberal trait ;^)

When are you going to start talking and quit with the meme-arrows?
It's a very stupid way of communicating a potentially good point of argument in the Dukat arc.
Are Iraq war veterans with PTSD shirking personal responsibility if they claim to want all Muslims dead?

I'd never seen a /trek/ thread being so pro-ENT until the last one. I think it's just because that was a 'star trek general' instead of a regular star trek thread for patricians

I think it's the worst Trek except for the stuff that never happened later on.

You are falsely presupposing that his actions amounted to a 'fault' here
I deny that entire premise
Dukat had a Categorical Imperative to extermine the Bajorans, as anyone who has actually watched DS9 from start to finish without skipping could arrive at

the one
geordishopeless.ytmnd.com

But we wuz Dahar masters an Shied

The only way to do it is to watch the first and last episode of seasons 1 and 2.

Then watch all of season 3 and 4

>He totally would've fucked Ziyal if Damar hadn't ganked her.
He constantly shot her down. Also everyone thought he was gay, the show even got complaints about it.

I watched all 5 seasons from start to finish 3 times and still disagree with you. Good thing this isn't a Cardassian court trial :^)

Measure of a Man is the best episode

There has been a conscious effort to combat the 'ENT is shit' meme over the last few weeks.
Once a few people started pushing back, a lot of ENT fans came out of the woodwork

>the show even got complaints about it.
Source needed.

He shot her down Because he thought she was as homicidally looney tunes as her dad.

I do agree that there were some homo vibes between him and Bashir, though.

>all five seasons
>five seasons
And this is how I know you are just spouting bullshit

I'm the guy who day drinks that you DS9cucks always call Damar

Sorry my autism isn't up to parpar

>5 seasons
Getting tired of typing all those smileys I see.

May I ask why DS9 posters are polluting this thread when they are explicitly unwelcome?

Do you just feel you can post in any Star Trek thread even if you are not wanted?

FALSE FLAG

DESIRED OUTCOMES

It's a fake, it's a snake, and it's a wake (for user's trail of lies).
youtube.com/watch?v=BwbPRCRkMy0