Chance the Rapper

After a critically acclaimed mixtape, co-signs from numerous artists, and making Grammy history by clinching nominations for a streaming only release, all while remaining independent, I can't be the only one with a sense of admiration for how successful Chance has been this year. However, does Coloring Book deserve all the hype? What are your guys' thoughts?

I am happy for him but I think coloring book is super overrated and not anywhere near as good as Acid Rap

this basically. He seems like a really nice guy and I hope he doesn't get jaded.

I respect him for doing puppet show musicals and calling them "shows" to trick his dudebro fanbase.

Coloring Book wasn't that good. Not bad, just average.

I had a dream where he died, which is weird since I don't really listen to him, it was just like 'oh that's sad, his career just started'. Then when I woke up I googled it and he was still alive.
That is my chance the rapper story i hope you like it.
Also I prefer acid rap to coloring book but they're both good.

Coloring Book is pretty great, but it's one of those albums that goes beyond just rapping. And whenever rappers do that, you have to start asking questions like "should this dude be straight up singing? are all these R&B songs necessary?"

I guess I'm saying that it's pretty ambitious, but it effectively reaches its goals. Unlike times where rappers fell short on that shit, like Andre 3000's The Love Below.

I think he's trash and hate everything he's ever done. His voice is grating.

worst voice in the game (Meek Mill is a close 2nd).

>independent
>backed by Apple

choose one

10 day and half of acid rap was his only good shit

trash artist who panders to millennial shits that don't know how to think for themselves.

Amen

Rate Chance discography

I personally loved Coloring Book a lot. Still listen to a few songs from it semi regularly. Too many features and a couple songs could have been axed but I think it's nice to have something that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to listen to.

Preach it. I feel like the time he spent with Donnie Trumpet and on the SoX shit really blunted any form of independence I felt on previous mixtapes. I hate hearing how well peoples lives are going in rap in relation to money, but hearing how well it is going thanks to jesus is even more insufferable to me and I'm extremely apathetic towards the whole atheism vs Christianity debate.

last post best post

>hearing how well it is going thanks to jesus is even more insufferable to me and I'm extremely apathetic towards the whole atheism vs Christianity debate.
Sounds like you're lying to yourself.

Why when either side has that stereotypical trait of obnoxiously proclaimed what side they are actually on. Never questioned my faith or lack of, never questioned or reasoned with others. I just found it made the whole mix tape dull when aspiring to apply rap to gospel type music.

>all while remaining independent

lmao, he's the textbook definition of an industry plant

This. I think the album also had issues with mixing as well as the problems you mentioned.

There's a distinct difference between dull and insufferable.

Stop being pedantic, I don't think your winning any form of argument you have imagined out of this.