Movies you gave up on

Couldn't make it through "blow up" wanted to quit at 22 minutes, made it to an hour. So upset I didn't follow my gut.

What bothered you so much about it? Was it the cringe inducing dialog or the morality of the main character? If the latter then just know he's supposed to be a grating and unsympathetic character.

YEAH BABY YEAH

i made it about 7 minutes into Get Hard, saw alison brie in lingerie and then the credits started with the second in a row of overbearing shitty hip hop songs and I got soft

Big Lebowski

Boring, contrived and just not funny in the slightest. Tried watching it twice, gave up both times barely after an hour.

ITT: Pleb & Proud

well fuck you got a lot further than me. Saw Will Ferel crying, Kevin Hart struggled to be funny for a minute or so when his wife walks in.

Switched it off

Tinker tailor soldier spy

Oh god this film was diabolically bad. I made it about 20 minutes. Still have no idea what the fuck it's about.

Captain America civil war

I really didn't get it. I quit 30 minutes in. And I enjoyed Persona and Last Year at Marienbad the first time I saw them.

Interstellar

Boyhood
At 15 minutes in I was ready to tap out, but slogged on anyway because of RT hype. 15 more minutes later, my brain had liquefied to a point where clicking the "back to browse" button was the only thing I was capable of.

Just enjoy the ethnic flavor and flat compositions on a purely visual level. That's all i got from it.

I had to force myself to sit through a lot of noir movies before I realized that I like neo noir a lot more. It's just so fucking boring.

Ashes of Time

Thought I feel I was maybe disadvantaged by the fact that every time it has been on TV and I attempted to watch it, it was really late at night and I wanted to sleep significantly more than I wanted to watch another minute of the movie.

you're supposed to reminisce of your childhood. The nostalgia alone made it enjoyable for me.

Twilight is the only film that i've just given up on (10 minutes in, when the guy can't control himself because the girl smells so good was the nail in the coffin), and that was even while i was playing WoW in another window. everyone acted so irrational and it was so boring

American Hustle. By the time De Niro showed up I was half asleep.

I was going to watch this because it looked like the least tedious Antonioni, but I saw countless people still calling it boring so I never bothered.

That is the only part of it that held up for me (music, games, clothings, cars, ect). The drama in the film was shit and acting was often unnatural. Really unbalanced film, varies from a 10/10 to 3/10 film.

Zabriskie Point has very interesting visuals, though the tedium is still there.

jupiter ascending

The new TMNT movie

Thanks. It's preferable when your kind stays away

i hate when people ask if it's supposed to be boring. obviously it is.

age of ultron 15 minutes
guardians of the galaxy 10 mins in and goodbye

Made it about an hour into this the other day. Normally I love Lynch but I just couldn't stand it. Was it supposed to look like a home video?

Ip-Man

dunno why, I just wasn't into it atm

I might revisit it some day.

you dummy

Donnie Yen movies are garbage. Go watch a good kung fu movie.

Tree of Life. Only made it 18 minutes in.

Neighbors. Only movie I ever walked out on.

Birdman
its such a cliche for the Heights of Pretentiousness, I am almost embarrassed to mention it.