ITT: Albums you would defend with your fucking life

ITT: Albums you would defend with your fucking life

i dont think that album is very good

Honestly all of Kanye's albums. A lot of people dislike the dude but he's pretty based musically regardless of that

Eat a butt

wow that's too far

Angelic process is Bad

lol

I bet that's the only post-hardcore album you know, also fugazi is the goat in the genre

you already know why you're wrong...

never understood

[triggered]

this is kinda true but most pre-Argument Fugazi is far inferior to Unwound

Fight me

Fucking destroyed

808s is understandable, because of the context. but it's bad.
tlop is meh

Not him but 808's is the one Kanye album I'd defend with my life and is the only one I revisit with any real regularity.

I guess I just hate it because it's the least radio friendly? I hated robocop and heartless, and the autotune is annoying, desu. Are the deeper cuts better?

Lacuna Coil up to and including pic related, maybe even Karmacode. What's happened since those albums has been unfortunate but I will always feel that their first 3/4 albums and 2 EPs were quality gothic metal. Comalies in particular felt like a cross between Draconian Times-era Paradise Lost and Cocteau Twins. I think that shit is still fantastic.

you mean you trash the album and you haven't even fucking heard it? jesus christ

What are these deeper cuts you speak of?

sounds like you don't have much of a life lol

>radio friendly

We might just be on opposite ends of the spectrum here because quite frankly, that's part of why I like it. Never cared much for "radio-friendly" tunes. To me, it's like a post-punk album reinterpreted into minimalistic hip-hop, and everything about the aesthetic from the sparse beats to the autotune to the lyrical themes creates this very cold, isolating atmosphere that I personally find far more compelling than anything else he's done. Tracks like Say You Will, Street Lights and Coldest Winter do it for me big time, and even weaker cuts like See You In My Nightmares still come through with those moody instrumentals. Hell, my favorite thing to come out of the TLOP-era sessions is the Say You Will remix, just barely edging out Real Friends. My biggest complaint about it is the occasionally weak lyrics but that's true of all Kanye albums so nothing particularly damning there. I think I'd like the radio more if more shit sounded like 808's.

I've listened to it all the way through when it came out. Never revisited it like his other albums cause I didn't like it at all.
I think i'll try listening it to again. I tend to dislike kanye albums when they come out, but they usually grow on me.

Now's a pretty good time as 808's is pretty much tailor made for winter listening.

>inb4 Uroboros is better

Stone Sour- House of Gold & Bones Pt. 1 & 2

Just listen to it user, it's not long
>Why
>Are
>You
>So
>Paranoid

these too

lol

I don't even like her other stuff that much

this is her fucking worst album, it's too much inertia. it's like a bland still-life painting.

come at me

Although I'm happy to say I've never met anyone who doesn't like this

10/10 desu

tell me why this is good

For real niggas

same.

>fuck that album, it's shite!

Oliver james and white winter hymnal stick out as great tracks to me. Pretty good imo

pic related is mine

With you there man, there's nothing quite like it

This is my absolute favourite album, followed by Zopilote Machine and Beach Boys Love You

I love this album

great albums
I dunno, I love the songwriting and performances but the recording has always taken away from it, kinda feels like it should be a lot more epic than the mix allows

I don't fucking care. You can fight me. This album is a masterpiece.

I listen to a song off Beach Boys Love You daily, man. Incredible record.

YES I'm with you brother

>muh mental illness
>muh sensitive prog metal

I swear I'm the only person who actually thinks this is one of his better albums

Life is one of the most life affirming songs I know
I love this shit

my niggas

DELET

>I swear I'm the only person who actually thinks this is one of his better albums
>is his highest rated album on rym

It's so underrated, I love how you can hear brian wilson's cracked spirit in it

bamperoo