What does the name of your cunt's biggest city mean in your language?

What does the name of your cunt's biggest city mean in your language?

Tokyo(東京) means the eastern capital

Reykjavík means Smoke Bay

DUDE

WEED

Well judging by the center Tirana is,but my municipality,Shkodër(from Shkodrinon) meaning where The Drin goes.

New York means the newer York, like the second city to be called "York"

nothing

Bratislava
Brat - brother (brati maybe means brothers)
sláva - glory

We don't know. The field of Gods or the river Lo's estuary are some theories.

It doesn't mean anything, it's just a name. Supposedly there was a meaning once (something like "loved") but it's pronounced a different way now.

Stockholm means something like "log/lumber islet".

Calgary - Cold Garden (nordic)
Vancouver - Animal Cleaver (surname)
Montreal - Mountain of reality
Toronto - Cree word (Tuh'qruhn'toh originally) meaning 'Home for all'.

Washington DC was named after the first official president and some Italian fuckface that thought Bermuda was India.

It was named "Melbourne" by the Governor of New South Wales, Sir Richard Bourke, in honour of the British Prime Minister of the day, William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne.

Buenos Aires. 'Buenos' is a modernized form of 'boonyuous' which in quechua means fortress, and Aires comes from the Ayré-Ayré which means Amerindian, so the literal translation is Fortress of the Amerindian. The s at the end of both words is used in ancient Amerindian language as a form of superlative, so it means ''Great Fortress of the Amerindian (Buenos Aires)

Which proves, without no doubt, that Argentina has always been, currently is, and will alway be, 100% Amerindian.

Saint Paul

Jacksonville

Named after a president who wiped out the natives.

Really made me think

Compostela=Campus Stellae=Field of the star or something like that

Also gib independence

water
oven

Chicago
Literally meaning "onion" or "wild leek" in the local Indian tongue, in reference to the onions that grew on the Chicago River.

Good Winds

Nothing, but my city (Saint-Pitersburg) means 'The town of saint Peter' form German

Read thisIt's an Amerindian term, proof of the pure 100% Amerindian heritage running through the veins of every single Argentine in existence.

Jerusalem is probably named after an old canaanite god called Shalem.

Tel-Aviv means "spring hill", but before the city was established, Tel Aviv was the title of the Hebrew translation of Hertzel's "Altneuland", so it could also be interpetted as a poetic way of saying "Old New Land"

get the fuck out of my country, slavshit

buy a harbor (copenhagen)

The pun of many a dad-joke, this.

But the capital of Australia is Canberra...

It cames from the name of the local tribe the Parisii living there before the Roman invasion.
There name meant "the people of the stone quarry"
Formerly the city itself use to be called Lutèce or Lutecia in classical latin.

(The) White City.

My country's largest city has a Spanish name that's pretty fucking easy to figure out (Los Angeles), and my state's largest city has a Greek name that is literally the city's nickname (Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love).

>São Paulo
Saint Paul.

>Rio de Janeiro
January River.

>Belo Horizonte
Beautiful Horizon.

>Montreal - Mountain of reality

I think it means Royal Mountain? I mean, it makes sense in portuguese, maybe it does in french too.

Based kebab-remover lives up to reputation.

Warszawa doesn't really mean anything, but according to the legend it was founded by a fisherman called Wars and a siren that he married called Sawa.

Mexico City: City in the navel of the Moon
The country was named after the capital btw.

Tried looking it up, something about romans and Londinum or celts and Lowonidonjon or something
idk

>the city of brotherly love
bit gay

Paris means niggers

but that is not the actual mening

It was one of your countrymen that named it.

definitely gay then

just kidding, pretty cool how the US has spanish, french, english, even greek names for cities/places

Amsterdam means Amstel dam. The Amstel is a river, and the city began with a dam, or was built on top of it or something like that.

shkip!

>Montreal - Mountain of reality
so swedish(I mean gay)

istanbul means findistan

plus ankara means black moment
thats so interesting

Your biggest city is named from a Roman emperor, don't lie.

Taani- meaning Denmark or Danish
Linn- city or town
>tfw when your home will be forever cucked by the eternal dane

Constantinople or Carigrad though.

Nice meme. 10/10

WTF m8 LOL

The name of the city of Buenos Aires (Spanish pronunciation: [bwenoˈsaiɾes]), the capital of Argentina, means "Good Airs" or "Fair Winds" in Spanish. There are other places, mostly in the Americas, that go by the same name.

Sweden, what the fuck is helsingfors supposed to mean?

At least your dane town's name is in estonian, "helsinki" is finnish gibberish imitating helsingfors

Canberra

some abo word

Kathmandu

Something to do with wood

LMAO

Why don't you guys call it Petrograd? It seems weird for Russians to name their (arguably) greatest city in the language of foreign infidels.

The guy who was our first president plus a district located in Columbia (archaic nickname for the USA).
Richmond is named after Richmond London named after Richmond somewhere else which was originally called Richemont of Normandy which means rich mountains or something?

Rome = Roma
Probably the ancient name of the river which crosses the city or it was the name of the founder's mother .

Romulus and Remus

By the way the name of the river literally meaned 'to flow'.
I know it' s shit...

Ottawa was the name of the tribe that we assume used to live there before they got BTFO by diseases, colonialism, and tribal warfare. The place used to be called Bytown, after Colonel By, who I think was a governor or administrator of the colonial Canadas who never even set foot on this continent.

Brussels comes from the Dutch "Broekzele". And means settlement at the swamp

Amsterdam means the dam of the Amstel river. And Amstel means watery area.

Yeah , the name of their mother was 'Rome'

Most likely it actually means "downblouse", to describe a flat area between two hills.
Largest city is Sydney

I live in a city named Happy (sea)port/harbor

I'm depressed tho

Yas! So proud of our heritage.