This is the dawn of vidya kino

This is the dawn of vidya kino

Say your prayers, Marvel, Capeshit is done, bury it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olVsFS8Ajtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dude, shut. the fuck up

delete this stupidass thread you fuck

you should be goddamn ashamed of yourself for posting

t. nervous marvelcuck

I don't seen Cloud or Tifa anywhere???

Or is this the 3rd Resident Evil CGI movie... obviously.

"superheros" is a genre, or at least sort of one. "videogame story" is not at all, so if it becomes a trend it'll be a marketing gimmick of "we know that videogame players will watch any old shit we throw at them", whereas capeshit is now about targeting people with only passing or no familiarity of the properties.

what I'm saying is videogame movies become a a trend it's going to make this look like a bygone golden age

lol can't wait for this to open second to Now You See Me 2. Nobody cares about this.

or that.

>Now You See Me 2
That dogshit magic movie got a sequel?
The fuck?

the fuck indeed, it was like ocean's 11 for tweens

general audiences love dogshit. It'll kill.

most of the actor's gone down hill, and too long for a sequel

At least it has stars. Warcraft is going to bomb. It may do alright it's first weekend but after the gaming folks folk to it nobody will care.

GET SEATED

>that nigga in the back just wondering when he can finally get paid for being an extra in this shitty movie

Yeah, even the best the movie could EVER be, it's just a fan service movie that could do about as good youtube, and the real revenue is from WoW sales.

It only had a $100m budget though, so it doesn't need to gross that big to be considered a success.

>biceps bigger than their heads
Why are they going with the cartoony in-game proportions? It doesn't make sense when using real actors to star alongside them.

anyone know how much extras typically get paid if they're in a massive blockbuster? like random elves in lotr or people running away from falling pieces of buildings in a capeshit movie

I hope this is still preproduction or something. It looks awful.

>It doesn't make sense when using real actors to star alongside them
this
warcraft humans are fucking huge

in lotr every extra were random people they plucked out of new zealand. they didnt get paid that much

>Warcraft is going to bomb

>"source: my ass"

I dunno if the Mark Wahlberg Planet of the Apes counts as a blockbuster, but a lot of action scenes were filmed out here by the pinnacles and a few of my friends and their parents got paid $100-$500 a day for wearing a hot ass monkey suit in 100 degree weather for 8 hours.

lmao

these dwarves look great unlike the dwarves in Hobbit. Seriously what went wrong?

Jackson is a shitty director.

>Seriously what went wrong?

Making it into a three part film series.

>LotR dwarves: goofy, """funny""", memers, le im 12 and 9gag is hilarious, *prffftt* whoops i farted lol XD drink beer!

>Warcraft dwarves: Intresting craftsmen that lives in the mountains. Great, strong fighters but can also chill and have a pint when they're not fighting

prove me wrong

topkek

Why don't you post the new scenes you amateur

How is the middle guy even supposed to be a dwarf? Also the prosthetics are jarring.

>Warcraft dwarves

Because Peter Hackson needed someone the audience could relate to

You're a memer

youtube.com/watch?v=olVsFS8Ajtk

Woah... It's realer than real life...

The age of VidyaKino... Has finally arrived...

Ahahaha wtf is that wolf, it looks fucking terrible

>it will be better than LotR
Shills are restless for this shitpile and manchildren will actually fall for them.

It's a warg, DUMBASS

Yet even the "general audience" will not even see this. Must say a lot.

Warcraft is heading straight for 1 billion. You'll be eating crow in a few weeks my boy.

>oceans 11 with magicians? okay
>everything is CGI

yea, that was pretty disappointing on all levels.

>warcraft isn't going to bomb
>"source: an ass that was paid to say it"

Ah ok, and I assume that the cgi of these wargs are supposed to look this fucking terrible?

its SUPPOSED to look cartoonish and ridiculous!! GOD DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WARCRAFT

Damn, blizzard must be paying you well. Is it hard to get that smell out of your mouth after so much bullshit has come out of it?

why do all warcraft shills type exactly the same? is there just one of you or is there a class?

China alone will float Warcraft to 1 bill. Chinks comprise most of the current WoW subscriber base too. They love Warcraft.

It's most likely just some blizzard intern that got a task of doing some viral marketing or some shit like that.

Get your Warcraft™ tickets now! Experience the phenomenon on the big screen!

>China alone will float Warcraft to 1 bill

You know chinese "subscriptions" aren't indicative of actual human beings playing, right? As the accounts are prepaid-by-the-hour, never close, are considered active if someone logs into them once every three months, are free to open, and get a few hours free upon creation and every month?

Of course, some variation of this gets posted every time someone brings up china in reference to WoW. So of course you know it.

>warcraft movie ticket costs ~$8
>blizzard is giving away free months/copies of wow with ticket purchases
>a month of wow costs $15

So in effect blizzard is giving away tickets for free with discounted months of WoW. So, yea, its going to have a "big opening weekend," but all the theaters are going to be empty.

luckily the staggered release will give warcraft a strong domestic opening once word gets around that it's a good movie

the leaked small clips of the movie make it look pretty good, the orcs especially look fantastic

but that fucking human armor man, it looks so plastic and fake, no shine to it whatsoever

>the orcs
There's only one orc. Copy/pasted.

I really wish this was true. They dont need to be deep meaningful movies they just need to be good and fun like Marvel movies, but not capeshit.

They shouldn't be either of those things. They're obviously not works of art, but they shouldn't be epic 'fun' marvel le quipfests. These are stories I'd prefer be treated with little irreverence.

where are they doing that

Oh I dont mean quipfests, I mean action adventure movies with a focus mostly on action adventure and not lofty dialogue.

That guy isn't the only one.
Several people have broken the NDA to say that's it's fairly good. On average people gave it a B

And not just dower and gritty. Imagine Xcom made by the likes of a Paul Verhoeven. Something that is set in a grim setting but isnt depressing, theres an air of fun to it all.
>all squaddies land in brazil for terror mission in the opening
>torn to shit by aliens of all variety in graphic detail, shot from the heacameras of the units and a uav flying over like in the game
>xcom shooting civilians to kill the aliens
>go to next city
>level the entire city
>"GOOD OP, RETURN TO BASE, PROMOTIONS ALL AROUND"
>shots in the headquarters of interrogators beating an alien that is tied to a chair, but it cant talk

>they paid a bunch of people to say its good

wow

This, I pray to see the day when there's a 1 film fan edit of just the things that were in the book. There's a lot of good stuff in those films but its completely overshadowed by the goofy cgi schlock.

the manchild is strong in this one

It's probably only people who still play that game even will care.

>these dwarves look great
They're clearly CGI, unlike the Hobbit dwarves.

TRIGGERED

I want to see this succeed just to piss everyone off.

I still play the game after 10 years and I don't care at all about the movie

Never played the game in my life and looking forward to the movie.

people think liking a movie automatically makes you a paid shill but god forbid if you even suggest disney pays critics

nice conspiracy theory stormfag