Tfw you laugh at a post-ironic tongue in cheek facebook meme and then realize it hit a little too close to home

>tfw you laugh at a post-ironic tongue in cheek facebook meme and then realize it hit a little too close to home

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>haha I'm such a troubled soul
>suffering from depression erryday tfw lol so quirky
Fuck off already, jesus fucking christ.

this

>haha i'm ironically depressed LMAO

>I have crippling depression xD

baka, you missed the point
I laughed at this and then realized I actually do blast shoegaze and other music to drown out unpleasant thoughts and the sad realization was that I'm slowly becoming the person you're mocking, not that I'm actually mentally ill.

dude mental illness lmao XD

this is the shittiest post i've seen here in a while. are you in middle school or something? go attention whore somewhere else

can you niggas read, get outta here

you're still a retarded teenager if you browse Sup Forums facebook pages. Fuck you and your unfunny memes

some are quality desu

I wish I were still a teenager desu
also this was posted in a shoegaze/noise rock music group, not sure why you automatically assumed Sup Forums.
maybe its time for you to take a break from this place man.

still a shitty page if they post those memes

but i guess theirs nothing else to post since everyones an unoriginal fuck now

Meh, one of the "I'm sad and listen to Loveless every night" mods gives good recs occasionally.

>tfw just got invited to this group through some friends at school and see this post

pls don't be in ny

for real, this generation can't have any humor without a strong quirky sense of nihilism. it's really distorting.

its sickening. Hopefully trump will deport them

I don't see the issue
humor is a good coping tool and considering all the horrible shit coming our generation's way it makes sense that the comedy would become nihilistic to fit.

its bad though because it teaches people to laugh at things like mental illnesses. ITs not a thing to laugh at and its a serious topic

okay I see your point but I'm kinda conflicted
I do think mental illness needs to be treated way more seriously than it currently is (at least in my country) but at the same time I don't think there should be many limits imposed on comedy so long as it isn't banal low effort shit like LOL NIGGERS LOL RETARDS LOL DEPRESSION

No it's a bad thing because it glorifies the whole "tortured soul"/ironic sadboi tumblr mindset where mental illnesses like depression and social anxiety are trendy status symbols such that you get kids self-diagnosing themselves so they can post about it and seem cool

moreover if someone can't differentiate between humor and reality I think there's a deeper issue than the kind of humor they participate in

Fucking this
All my friends are like this
>LOL I'm depressed haha I don't have to take resposibility for my actions
becasue I can just blame it on my depression casued by stubbing my toe when I was 6 xD
And I don't want to tell them or anyone about my depression I've
had since I was 10 because I don't want to associated with people like
them who degrade it into fucking trend

>facebook

clean up your act

get the hell off Sup Forums idiot and go see a therapist

I did but she thought I was some autist who didn't know how to communicate
and gave me a deck of cards and told me to pick ones that described how I felt
when I mentioned I played games

get a new therapist that isn't shit
finding the right one will help

cringe

It's a reaction to the world they inherited. People around the world are being bombed to shit in a series of wars that seems as if it will never end. Even in stable Western countries, we're bombarded with the ^possibility^ of a terrorist attack by the media, creating an eerie air of uncertainty. Governments all over the "civilized world" are lying to their citizens and betraying their trust at every opportunity. There's an extreme concentration of wealth, and nothing will be done about it because reacting against the wealthy will cause the wealthy to counter-react, and they have the means to destroy our entire economy out of spite if at once it seems like they might have to give that wealth up. There's hate and anger directed toward everyone at every possible corner, and the internet has only opened up more avenues to be flooded.

The only logical response to a seemingly unwinnable game is to become the fox and say "huh, oh well, the grapes never mattered anyway" and descend into the pits of nihilism. Of course, the work week and the student loans they took out to allow them to even have a work week don't allow time to be sad, so people have to package all of their fear and anxiety up into depression memes because it's the only way they'll know that other people do relate to what they're feeling.

holy shit

:(

damn, you gave me thoughts

Thank you for this post

Exactly my thoughts about this thing but you phrased it perfectly. I still cringe a lot at the "crippling depression xD" shit.

Yeah I hate it. It looks down on people who are actually depressed. Otherwise I'm jealous that I'm not a teenager living in the US, since my personality traits are now considered cool

Didn't expect feels like this

>The only logical response to a seemingly unwinnable game is to become the fox and say "huh, oh well, the grapes never mattered anyway" and descend into the pits of nihilism.

Maybe if people read books instead of le funny suicidal facebook memes, this would be less of a problem. Nihilism is a non-issue if you aren't retarded.

this thread is lucid

>le crippling depression meme

bored of this

That fucking facebook group made me realise you're all just normies with better music taste or tumblr-tier teenagers

Do you also share memes to prevent your soul from being sucked into the le eternal void of sadness ;^) ?

This post is absolute garbage and reeks of a person that never really had to struggle. Take your memes and fuck off if you take a downward spiral because of fear that's not even at your doorstep.

this. stop being depressed or whatever you wanna call it when your life is just fine.

what would you consider a struggle?

something that actually legitimately affects your way of life and general wellbeing
no, being a depressed faggot doesn't count

i mod an instagram meme page because i have no self worth ;^)

Ok, thanks a lot. I know realize my life is good. I no longer feel anxious and depressed. Thank you so much!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

What, you've never handed a person with pneumonia a napkin and told them they'll be cured if they blew their nose?

Do you also like to get high on xanax and weed and take a bath in the middle of the night, ironically crying to Kim Wilde and regretting decisions you made? :^)

I think the rule is if you post about your mental illness on social media you don't have a mental illness

>something that actually legitimately affects your way of life and general wellbeing
>no, being a depressed faggot doesn't count
What did he mean by this?

go outside and socialize, stop dwelling on shit that doesn't matter. get a new perspective on life. the reason you have depression (probably) is because you have your mind set to a mental spiral of self degradation. I used to be depressed all the time before I figured out I was doing it to myself. looking at screens all day and drowning in your own thoughts is very unhealthy. legitimately stop acting like a complete teenager

I'm part of what some people call the "depressed memers" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the neurotypical culture that dominates American colleges.

his mind is not unkind
it's just not open

Living in some of america's or even the third world's hellholes. America has less, but they exist. As far as fear goes anyway. If you live there and it's abnormal to lose a loved one to violence it's not a hellhole. The whole world has made its peace with the fact that cities could be wiped out in minutes, these embarrassing meme creators don't have that excuse.
>nobody im arguing with could possibly have depression
Not an excuse to make an ass of yourself online and cause it to be trendy to be depressed. If anything, you're hurting people with real depression because all of these people that think it's funny and in.

this desu

being a depressed crybaby is actually really close minded and self centered

>haha so depressed and ironic memes xD
I wish people who like or make these memes would watch The Comedy and come to realize what a fucking losers they are

don't you have alimony to be paying or taxes to be filing or something middle aged to do

most depressed people accept that but that doesn't mean it's easy to do anything about it

they do realize they're losers, if they didn't realize it they wouldn't post the memes and just be normal losers instead

daily reminder that /r9k/ depression is just thinly veiled narcissism

it's easier than your mind let's you think.
source: I almost killed myself 2 years ago bc of le depression

so you're just one of the types that thinks because you escaped it that everyone else can, and you get frustrated when you find people exhibiting similar traits as you

got it bud

It's not narcissism, a lot of us have narcissistic traits though. But depression always has a narcissistic element. Even the "I work so hard but my family doesn't even like me" normie depression

But they aren't losers. They are just average teenagers. This is a trend

Really made me think...

ITT: Armchair psychiatrists

>you're hurting people with real depression

I said that in a post before. Sorry I made myself look like one of the memers because I used that shitty meme but I was serious.
Somehow I like this culture because I can relate to the memes and music and all but then I realize most people who post this shit are just trendy teenagers and not actually depressed and then I hate the culture and myself for thinking it was any good because even if it was good I'd be way too old for that shit

can we talk about the fact that kevin shields vocals on this album are mediocre at best and if the melodies weren't good this album would be a 4/10 at best

>le I'm depressed to I have LITERALLY no agency xDDD meme
Shit needs to fucking stop

it very much is. 90% of /r9k/ posts are about how terrible everyone else is. other than that it's just people obsessing over their appearance, their height etc., and expecting the world to revolve around them. they don't realize their inability to connect with other people is because they only ever think about themselves. pro tip: you can still be self-obsessed even if your thoughts about yourself are negative.

>if the melodies weren't good
but they are good
this can be said about so many different artists

Nothing wrong with liking a community, if anything I would go to just the music. But don't be somewhere that's ingenuine and just laughs at things that are real for you. I've had the conversation numerous times where someone felt at home but then even more alienated once they tried to tell people that was real for them and got the usual "whoa wtf, this isn't serious." One or two is fine, nothing wrong with laughing at pain. But I only condone it if it's real.

i thought it was a great album just the vocals were underwhelming to me
i know its like that on a lot of albums but this is the one the OP used to make the meme

Maybe you should start one. Clearly you're a special snowflake, so you can probably give them some great insight. Hell, just look at your interesting taste in grammar. Artistic genius right there.

post link to group

Of course, this is all true but I was just saying that narcissism is a more rare and serious condition. Most on r9k are just at that stage of bitter depression and frustration that makes them look like narcissists. I don't think narcissism was their original problem, if you're lacking social interaction for a long you will only be able to see yourself at some point

Yeah I know that. I remember reading this facebook comment of some girl saying she had panic attacks recently and some dude answered jokingly, thinking she was memeing. But then she said it's serious and he just said "shit, I'm sorry" and backed off.

Can't right now because I'm on phone and the group has weird privacy but it's called "We're sad and we listen to loveless every night"

KEK have an upvote stranger!

I'm gay!

well then you should realise how it is better than anyone, i assume you didn't want to feel like killing yourself?

good thread

It's only cool if you loudly flaunt it. If you're genuinely awkward and sad, people will still think you're an autistic weirdo.

>..and I also share memes xD

God I hate this facebook page so much. It's even worse than nihilist memes

What page?

You're probably right. It makes me sad that a meme version of my personality is considered cool now. Also sad is that the alternative to the sadboi tumblr culture is probably the alt-right. Everything sucks right now

I hate post-irony so much
I wish we could go back to age of EPIX WINRAR, Lolcats and cockmongler

Combine the greentext on both posts

God these are so unfuunny

The only good facebook memepage is Millions of Dead Posers

Sorry, the page I was talking about doesn't even exist anymore but there are lots of new ones with" crippling depression" now which are all fucking awful

Nah, since they're hating on everything they stopped being funny. I could see the appeal of their first posts but nah

>Le President Trump
acting like he is any less than the worst disaster to befall democracy since human civilization should not be acceptable.

STAY WOKE SENPAI

like trump will be able to push even a tax law through congress much less a deportation law

AHGHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Nothing sad about the alternative! I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Ok, sounds pretty cool. How do I join?