Considering if i'm going to pre-order a nes classic mini. Thoughts?

considering if i'm going to pre-order a nes classic mini. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2016/07/17/everything-nintendos-mini-nes-can-and-cant-do/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do it, Nintendo is back.

im buying 2 at least

If only there was a way to somehow play the old games on newer machines, even those not manufactured by Nintendo, without the need to buy re-branded 30-year old technology...

it's a pre-fabricated device with 30 installed games. u know that right? try it again

Star Tropic, why would nintento include this shit

It comes with Fucking Star Tropic

I personally won't be buying one. I already own most of the games that they're advertising with it. Hopefully they do like Atari is and keep updating it with more games as time goes on.

Awesome tech is you're more casual into reto video game collecting.

So you're telling me there's a hardware emulator that will only ever allow me to play a selection of officially sanctioned Nintendo games, and it will only cost me 50 quid plus chuck in 8 for an extra controller?

Are console faggots that brainwashed?

>repurposed system boards from consoles they couldn't sell properly.
>30 games not 300

They should just open up a kickstarter for themselves at this point.

>pre-order
Where?

>use the money to buy two modern non-square gamepads
>download emulator
>download 1000 roms
>never play them anyway because you're used to modern gaming

This thread is full of faggots

This deters people from using emulators or even learning how to because they offer it in a mini system. In the end they win cause kids and other people just buy this shit and become lazy and buy games for $10 on the Nintendo store or whatever

Stop trying to sound smart and just have fun. You guys soumd lime cranky old motherduckers

why would you do this?

Just buy a SNES and blow the fucking cartridges like everyone else used to have to do

As it appears there is no way of slotting a cart in; it's pretty much a single retro compilation that you can buy retro controllers for.
Wouldn't the better option have been to simply release the same on a wii disc?
By all means sell the controllers too (which are already wii compatible here)

>implying their target market doesn't already own the games or have emulated them.

Regurgitating old successes is detering their gamedevs for doing a good job or learning from their mistakes at all. How many console fanboys who got dicked with the wii u do they think are ready for another ride?

My thoughts are always the same when it comes to nostalgic games and ideas.

They were good then. Keep them back then.

Whwnever they revive some ancient dinosaur from the past i get pissed because it's like trying to remake a classic that cannot be done better. The only thing playing regular fucking Nintendo right now will do is make you say "Holy fuck this game was shit, how did I like it so much?"

Old recycled tech will never be timeless. More so for tech because the whole point of tech is to be futuristic and cutting edge of its time.

All this is, is a cash grab and you morons will pay for it so continue the vicious cycle of shitty movie remakes and things like this because you idiots buy them.

This is an 18+ board

Why are you over thinking this shit?

Stop being a faggot and go have fun and stop worrying

God damn. I'm out this bitch

is that firewire? why? why use the older shittier firewire at that

yes, yes they are

I own an actual NES with plenty of games. No need. This thing is just a box of emulators, you could download that on your pc for free.

>overthinking
>thinking at all

Those are required for running a company and making good marketing decisions, incidentally.

>im buying 2 at least
Choking on his Cheetos, wiping his greasy Dorito fingers on his fedora.

I see someone else has good taste in reaction images

>hey I'm a computer cuck and I want to pay for mods.

remember that?

I will only order it if it has 4K and hdmi output

I'm pretty sure it's usb, just some weird proprietary shape so you have to buy Nintendo branded controllers.

Raspberry pi?

samefag

Balloon Fight
• BUBBLE BOBBLE
• Castlevania
• Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
• Donkey Kong
• Donkey Kong Jr.
• DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
• Dr. Mario
• Excitebike
• FINAL FANTASY
• Galaga
• GHOSTS‘N GOBLINS
• GRADIUS
• Ice Climber
• Kid Icarus
• Kirby’s Adventure
• Mario Bros.
• MEGA MAN 2
• Metroid
• NINJA GAIDEN
• PAC-MAN
• Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
• StarTropics
• SUPER C
• Super Mario Bros.
• Super Mario Bros. 2
• Super Mario Bros. 3
• Tecmo Bowl
• The Legend of Zelda
• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

its like 2 quid a game, quit whining

It's the same connection as original wii and you can use a wii controller.

It has hdmi

I'll get it just for excite bike

Anyone checked to see if they're stripping these out of the emulation catalogue you can purchase from with a Wii U? There's like what, 8 or so games I'd actually play on there, and the old games are maybe 2-4 each.

>hook up old 8-bit console to tv
>lags so fucking hard it's unplayable
>bye

Get a godly tube tv, peasant.

buy a Framemeister you spergs

>pixely NES games in 4k
u wot

Can you download more games to it? If not, fuck this piece of shit.

you act like people do not buy heaps of stupid junk all the time

wait wat

I just use an emulator & an original nes controller converted to usb.

but that thing is neat.

no,it doesn't have internet capabilities

basically Super Mario Bros 3 is the reason to play NES. Everything else is ehhhh.

But SMB3 is still fucking gods-tier.

Then not worth it. Nintendo is making this to bait casuals.

No space, shit for my eyes
400 dollars? Sure...

>paying again to buy something you've already had several times before
Eh, I'll just play my original NES. Looks like Nintendo's winning again though.

Why would I
Got a wii and modded it to shit
Now I have a snes nes sega sega Gen n64 and atari
With every game ever

An android phone can run most NES and SNES games. I love the idea but with them already releasing their older games on the Wii U and emulators already existing it's a waste of money.

I'd get that shit in a heartbeat
there's just something about getting stoned as fuck, sitting in front of a tv screen with a nes controller in your hand playing super mario bros

I would still have my nes, if I didn't gave it to my cousin, he fucking stepped on it and broke it.

This dudes so radical he has DOUBLE the blast processing!
>RADICAL DUDE!

>proceeds to gamble 1000$ in csgo skins

Probably, it's cheaper than buying the old games from yard sales or collector faggots

>holy shit, the new ASUSfmxpq2 is out!
>Better trash that obsolete ASUSfmxpq1 I bought last month
>Holy shit, the new ASUSfmxqp3 is out!

>proceeds to drop $100 on computer shit every two months

Contra you dumb cunt

this
Install retropie on it and just dump all the NES roms you want for half the price

>implying nintendo has done anything else since the SNES

I'm not getting it because there is no battletoads

SUPER FUCKING C

If doubles - I am the new jejlord

no digits for you

I can play more than the 30 preloaded games on my emulator.

Without these "brainwashed" people actually contributing cash to the industry, these games you love wouldn't exist.

Fat useless pricks like you pirating everything are the bottom feeders supported by us contributors

Lol what?

Buy a raspberry pi 3, put retropie on it, buy a usb nes controller.
Cheaper, unlimited games, emulates like 50 consoles and the pi is basically a fully functional linux box so, i dunno, slap kodi on there too, use it as a media center pc when not gaming.

What old mindset are you blabbering on about?

Number one gaming pirates of 2015 were console faggots. PC gamers generally pay for games. Why? Because of gamers aren't kids or faggot adults still living at home. PC gamers actually have jobs and pay for games.

Go back to getting "free" games by paying for online play.

>Hating on Star Tropics

What are you, a faggot?

Everyone on here is a faggot.

[citation needed]

Do your own research. Always want handouts...

When you get it, try not to get you dick stuck in it.

I love the original Paper Mario SO fucking much.

Its 60 dollars for a single triple a game or a classic system with 30 classic games

you pick

No dragon warrior 1-4?

Fucking dropped.

>i need a new $400 graphics card every 2 years

All those collector fags are loosing their shit as the value of their collection drops.

100 you mean. You sell the old one for 75% of the original price to mitigate the new gpu.
Either way, only enthusiasts buy new hardware 2 years. Most people keep their cards for 5 years. Not everyone is in dire need to max everything out at 1080p or higher resolutions.
I....I can give you one if you want. You can keep the wiiU too.

>AIO cooler
Goddamn casuals.

I probably have the same opinion as most people here. I have all the same emulators everyone has, NES, SNES, N64, even a gameboy one. All with massive libraries of ROMS.

I find I don't play them that often. Mostly when staying in on a rainy day, (stay in bed, order pizza, smoke weed etc), or otherwise seeking comfort or nostalgia. Usually play OOT on the N64. Altho once in a while Ill boot up FF1 and play through it again. Nothing like the old school turn based RPG.

So this device is cool, but like the emulators it can and probably will quickly become a novelty item. Idk, if you've got the extra cash, sure get it. I'd consider it but not totally sold. I still have an old NES with a few games laying about.

Hell yeeee lol. I really wanna do a custom loop but honestly don't know where to begin. I know the watercooling parts though. Any advice?

where is earthbound?

Youtube user "Floob". Has got every detail you need to get that shiz up and running. Get an R Pi 3, check the compatible MicroSD card list, pick a good 32 GB one. Then get an external USB 2/3 SSD, Slap all that together in an old NES case, add Some retro looking usb gamepads and you're off to the races.

Might be more than a NES mini, but much more functionality. Definitely bang for the buck.

Also, Hak5 is doing a MAME arcade build next week using probably a Raspberry Pi 3, or an Intel Nuc. If the former, it's a cheap multi emulation system. Wait and see.

same guy here; for inspiration, google image "Pitendo"

>not enough games
>too expensive
you got other things to buy user, like more PC hardware and games

Waste of money fag. You can't even put the cartridges into the console.

those computer fags who emulate by saying "I'd pay for them if I could" will now have to shut up

Just look at this beauty. Holy shit I want two!

Which is the billion dollar, hundred year old company, and which is the bitter fat nerd on the internet? I forget.

>Be 2016
>Still playing on a low end, underpowered, locked down PC you call a console.

30 games in an easy to play good looking system isn't worth 70 bucks? Fuck gamers are entitled babies now.

go back to Sup Forums

not on NES?

bgr.com/2016/07/17/everything-nintendos-mini-nes-can-and-cant-do/

cant even load other games onto it via usb? wtf.

oh well., only matter of time before some elite haxxorz mod it so roms can be played

This, who wants to play on a console anymore?

You can do so much more with a PC and still play with Xbox, PlayStation, or Wii controllers.

Oh and not having to pay for online.

And 30fps at 900p resolution.....

>no way of slotting a cartridge
>ignores hatch on front obviously for cartridges

You're a nigger Harry.