What the fuck did i just watch?

What the fuck did i just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eflX1B6MRfw
youtube.com/watch?v=0X_XSqOy-zE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heart of Darkness with the setting as Vietnam.

A masterpiece

one of the best movies ever made

Apocalypse Now

the best movie ever made

An excuse to drink uncontrollably, sandbag your house and blast The End by the Doors until your neighbours call the police.

kino

Stop.

dehumanization with great sound design

you watched not only a portrayal of Vietnam, but actually Vietnam

It really doesn't have the same themes as heart of darkness. I might be misremembering the book but I remember it being about obsession and greed while the movie was more about hypocrisy and misplaced values. The only thing it had in common is a man traveling down a jungle river to find a "crazy" man.

coppola's best film

>people actually think this dumb war flick is better than The Godfather II

Yep.

Hopefully it wasn't the extended cut you watched.

Official Coppola ratings:
>The Godfather Part II > Apocalypse Now > The Godfather Part I > The Conversation > The Godfather Part III >>>> Everything else

>mfw

Yeah, this is indisputable. Why is it that he never made a good movie again after Apocalypse Now?

couldn't bother

'Nam fucked him up. All the time he could only listen to "it ain't me" inside his own head. Same reason Kubrick was only able to release one movie after FMJ (and that was 12 years later), and why Oliver Stone never made any good ones after Platoon. Also the reason why Michael Cimino was so fucked up he released that mess that was The Deer Hunter.

You watched something you're not used to, something that wasn't bullshit Michael Bay car chases and explosions.

How do I get in on this meme?

>>Sup Forumseddit

I wept like some grandmother

>watching Southeast Asia conflict kino
>It Ain't Me starts playing

But...

>My film isn't about Vietnam, it is Vietnam!
>But Mr. Coppola, wasn't it recorded in the Philipines?
>...

jej

youtu.be/eflX1B6MRfw

Why is Redux so better?

>he doesn't like the redux
get a load of this pleb

>release movie
>years later release extended redux version
>beta cux pay double to see essentially the same movie with 5 minutes of """exclusive""" footage

>People will actually defend this logic

An old book "heart of darkness" Transplanted over the Vietnam war.
It didn't make sense in some parts of the movie because without that connection you don't realize its mostly about how thin a vernier civilization really is. How close we are to all going back to being complete animals.
This idea also brings up more philosophy related to Hobbes outlook on humanity.

Also this^
I watch this movie every summer because I can't run the AC so I pretend I am in Vietnam and blast 60's music and lose my mind due to the heat

HAHAHAHAHA FUCKING

>5 minutes
Nice bait. What can I say? I am LOVING this bait

It ain't 4u

>watches redux and not the work print

Get a load of this pleb

>release movie
>years later release extended workprint version
>beta cux pay double to see essentially the same movie with 5 minutes of """exclusive""" footage

>People will actually defend this logic

>I watch this movie every summer because I can't run the AC so I pretend I am in Vietnam and blast 60's music and lose my mind due to the heat

that's a great idea, i will do it next summer

He was referring to the fact that the adversities they faced while filming ended up being ironically quite similar to the hardships that lead to the Vietnam war being a disaster.

That sounds exhausting and amazing

I agree.

Does anyone else prefer the explosion end credits though? I think this is the best scene in the whole movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=0X_XSqOy-zE

I don't like it either. The French scene seemed to be nothing but political preaching.

Bram Stoker's Dracula is better than Godfather PIII and The Conversation.