I was born in 1998, what is this? Did people actually pay to keep movies for a week?

I was born in 1998, what is this? Did people actually pay to keep movies for a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B0idoJnBAvk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even if you were born in 1998 you should still know what it was like going to the video store. What the fuck is the matter with you?

>Did people actually pay to keep movies for a week?
more like 2 days if it was a new release. it was bullshit. funny how people get all teary-eyed and nostalgic over something so banal and sometimes fruitless as going to rent a movie. "simpler times" indeed, and it was bullshit.

Browsing in person was dope though. Especially as a kid when you could stroll past the adult section and creep on softcore titles like the Kama Sutra series.

I was born in 1998 too why wouldn't you know Blockbuster. That place was my shit

>buying movies based on word of mouth and the VHS cover
good times

Don't act like you fucking don't know you probably take your wife's son to pic related once a week.

So, you were actually born early 1980s or late 1970s and thought you'd pull one over on Sup Forums?

Those still exist? There was something similar in my area for a few years. I haven't seen one in like 10 years though. There's no place to rent movies within like 200 miles probably.

My father and older brother went out to rent a movie for movie night once. They came back with this violent western that me and my mother didnt really want to see. We got into a small argument but we decided to watch it anyways. A few minutes in we noticed that it wasnt the violent movie we thought it was gonna be but instead a musical set in the wild west. Ironically my mother ended up liking the movie a whole lot more than my father and older brother.

youtu.be/B0idoJnBAvk

Pretty fun movie actually.

Redbox are really the only option to rent.physical copies of movies in the US they're fucking everywhere. There are 4 within a mile of me.

No, dumbass
We paid so we could copy the tape and then watch how many times we wanted

>week
No, mang. The taxation was normally daily.

I want to cave your skull in with a crescent wrench. Trolling or not.

Go to the Midwest. Video rental all over the place there.

And to the guy that hasn't seen a redbox in ten years. Well then you haven't been in a fucking grocery store or mcdonalds in ten years.

oi, youve done it now faggot

Maybe he lived somewhere that didn't have a Blockbuster. Where I live, we had Hollywood Video, and for some reason, we still have a Family Video within reasonable driving distance.

>2 day rental on new releases
>5 day rental on games
>parents felt the need to watch the same movie 3-4 times in that two day period to get their moneys worth
>only had 1 tv
>my "5 day" rental was effectively cut to 3 because my retard parents liked to lop up the same movie over and over

do you live in Toledo?

>a week

>3 days

>late fees

Mfw when they just closed the last blockbuster of my city a month ago, i still miss it, anons

No. I'm on the opposite end of Ohio. I'm much closer to Pittsburgh than I am to Toledo.

I see those in almost every big store, you can even rent videogames now.

OP was actually born in 2004, but is lying to not get banned

>born in 1998
>still managing to be this ignorant
I feel embarrassed being born in the same year as you. But has the right idea.

But The Truman Show and The X-Files movie were the best parts of 1998 Sup Forums-wise.

Fuck man i kept vulturing around the last blockbuster on my city waiting for the going out of business sale and pick up all the films and vidya i wanted.

Then had to leave town for a weekend and the fuckers closed it, i could even swear it was intentional, inside the glass was a paper that said "Fuck Netflix".

Kek.

Im gonna slash and gash! Poke anotha hole in your ass. pour blood on da walls play tennis with yo balls! if the phone rings done answer tha call! slit yo throat, fuck ya like a goat, peel off yo foreskin and wear it like a coat! peace!

>year of our lord and savior jesus christ 2016
>friday saturday whatever evening
>walking past a shop of the one big video rental chain in my country
>there's easily over a dozen people inside browsing
What the fuck is wrong with people?