/instruments/

What instruments is Sup Forums learning?

Currently trying to learn 'Breathe' by Floyd on the bass. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/29xHMMb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Already play keys, guitar, and bass. Trying to learn mandolin but it's a lot harder than the other fretted instruments

Been playing drums for 5 years and guitar for 2. I can play snippets of a bunch of pink floyd songs on guitar. Currently trying to create a prog rock song of my own.

Guitar for 9 years, saving money to buy a new guitar because the one I have is trash.

I've been working at guitar for 8 years now, as well as bass clarinet and tenor saxophone for 5 years. Im good at keeping time with drums but don't really do anything fancy, and I'm now trying to learn the keyboard.

I've been recording my avant-prog rock album and its going well. just using a guitar and drumkit

nothing. i just play the same shit over and over and drink

>the bass
You mean a bass guitar, dickhole?

>tfw you're reminded how autistic Sup Forums is

Gonna post a picture so we know what feel you're referring to, dickhole?

shit that joke might read like a joke but I'm seriously recording that and I think it's turning out good. I'm glad that I know drums well enough to be able to stuff solo

no

i started learning guitar yesterday

lol i bet u cant even play in 14/8 faggot

make yourself useful and learn bass instead, you'll actually be able to find a band

>promoting the learning of bass
fuck you forever

yes, by all means let's encourage the trend of 15 guitar players for every bassist and drummer

theres a musician's general discord thats pretty chill discord.gg/29xHMMb

does online jams + stuff

i wanted to learn something cheap and fun so i grabbed a harmonica. just been doing breath exercises because i've never used anything other than a string instrument haha

Harmonica is pretty fun and can be pretty handy in the right situations. I think it's best as a secondary instrument though, or for a vocalist.

I have a banjo that I worked a little money up for a few years back. I don't know why I got it, I don't really listen to much music with banjos in it, but every now and then I'll try picking it up again.
How hard is mandolin exactly? I've been thinking about picking one up but I'm not exactly sure if I should.

What is the best way to find someone who can help me with electric guitar? Is it going to the closest guitar center and asking about it?

It's really fun and cool, and surprisingly versatile, but I find it difficult because the frets are so tiny and the doubled strings make pressing them down even tougher. I have no idea how all those fat rednecks with sausage fingers shred on them like they do.

Most chording on mandolin is tough imo, but lead picking isn't too bad because of the perfect fifth interval between all the strings, there's no equivalent to the guitar's b string to throw you off.

I'm still getting the hang of playing the piano. I can already do a little bit because I know theory, but I need to learn the technical side of playing better and with hurting myself

I was thinking about picking up a recorder because I need some kind of wind for a project I'm doing and recorders are cheap

guitar center usually has lessons but they're often pricier than you'd get privately. check craigslist.