The 100 best albums of 2016 by Noisey

The year is not over yet but we already have the worst list

noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/the-100-best-albums-of-2016

went into this thinking 'hoo boi more americans not understanding brits again' but the first album on the list is an absolutely trash tape fucking hellll

rest of it is pretty solid though some good picks

>worst list
agree

Why the fuck does every 'end of year' list have the god damn Anohni album? It was terrible...

And I'm saying this as a fan of Antony!

is there a straight white artist on this list?

Nick Cave

Terrible list, I was happy to see a sailors guide to the earth somewhat high up

>Blackstar at 15
>The highest rated metal album is only at 20 and its fucking Oathbreaker (not a bad album but there were many better metal albums dropped this year)
>NICK CAVE AT FUCKING 82??!?!?

How many straight white male artists active right now are any good?

>that Top 5

Was Noisey ever good? Was any off-shoot branch of Vice ever good?

Can't fault Viceland at least, but the whole company's online presence is shit all around.

To be honest, with all this poptimism and indie/ cuck-music retread, I can not tell the slightest difference between this and your average pitchfork list.

Can anyone give me a single difference?

The highest rated metal album is at 6 and yes, it only made the top 10 because the dude is black

LOL DUDE BLACK PEOPLE LMAO

That album is 80 percent melisma. No shit it reminds me of someone like aguilera singing the national anthem

>Top 10 are black people singing about being black

why is the bar for black musicians so fucking low? I feel like it's just setting themselves for mediocrity because people are so soft on them and are so terrified of actually being critical. It just feels like needy white liberals being like "See, black people? I like the stuff you like! Please love me!"

Shit, didn't see that. I'm retarded.

But regardless Zeal and Ardor doesn't deserve to be the top metal album of the year either and especially not fucking number six.

>Vektor
>Insomnium
>Ulcerate
>Deathspell Omega
>Moonsorrow
>Dillinger

all these bands are getting shafted on this list because these people who know nothing about metal want to pretend they do

>complains about needy white liberals
BUT MY PRECIOUS WHITE PRIDE WAAAAAH
it's funny how people are needy on both sides but you only attack the one the internet tells you to

definitely the worst list

This
I just want another Antony and the Johnsons record
The new electronic, poppy Anohni thing is painfully mediocre and the lyrics sound like a middle schooler could have written them

>Zeal & Ardor's Devil is Fine brings together genres that rarely come close to one another, venturing far beyond the realms of metal. In an interview earlier this year, Manuel Gagneux explained that the album originated from a challenge on imageboard Sup Forums where he'd asked for ideas to make new music and received requests to create "black metal" and "nigger music" in return.
Is he /ourguy/ and actual "Sup Forumscore"? Haven't actually listened to it but still.

This board is infested with nig-nogs. Get out. GET OUT!

A Seat at the Table is so insufferably boring. I didn't care for Lemonade but I at least get why somebody could like it. A Seat at the Table is a fucking snoozefest.

I miss Lauryn Hill, at least she did this shit right.