AOTY Thread

1997 Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Splash777/strm_a/shania/1
rateyourmusic.com/collection/Splash777/strm_a/taylor/1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obvious answer is Homogenic, but I pose another question: Is pic related or reply pic the better Dots and Loops cover?

>Obvious answer is Homogenic
What makes you say that? I bet if you took it to a poll you'd find the "obvious" answer was OKC.

That was a stupid comment you just made.

(That is, the second-best album of 1997)

Nah, it goes:

1. Björk - Homogenic
2. Stereolab - Dots and Loos
3. Radiohead - OK Computer

Come on Over is the second worst album of 1997 I've heard so far

There's not really a clear runner for first though, I just realized to my own horror that f#a#∞ is the only album from that year I go back to with any regularity

This is not about your personal choice, dude. This is about a supposed "obvious" choice. That's really down to popular opinion, which would be OKC by a country mile.

I've literally never heard of Dots and Loops before this thread.

Come On Over is cool. What's your problem?

I used to live in the same house as a man who loved Shania Twain, she had a couple okay songs but Come on Over is terrible

OOOOHH lmao you're talking about grammys. sorry bruh. please be more specific in the future my man. you should really listen to stereolab some time too.

come on over is very good btw. OG country version ftw

>OOOOHH lmao you're talking about grammys
No I'm not. What is the matter with you?

ahem

OK for real though, which Dots and Loops cover do we prefer? I love them both, but I've gotta go with the first one, mainly because I find the curved lines more aesthetically appealing than the angled ones on the second cover.

that's mine too
why doesn't she get discussed on Sup Forums

I was able to preview some of the tracks off thins on www.cdnow.com. Pretty awesome honestly, you get like 30 seconds of each song, only takes about 20 minutes to load everything up.

Computerhead - OK Radio

Hash Jar Tempo - Well Oiled

Runner Ups
Built To Spill - Perfect From Now On
Cerberus Shoal - Elements of Structure / Permanence

>>>/industrial/

Blur - Woohoo album

MAN I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

BAH BAH DA DA BAH DA DA

That's probably my highest rated album for the year but that just makes me feel like I haven't listened to enough from the year because I only came across that album from Scaruffi (and I don't like most of his top albums that much)

I was just about to post this motherfucker

Have some The Crystal Method - Vegas

Literally the worst of the big three Prodigy albums

Did the other two come out in 1997?

I find that the things that are often brought up:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - FA∞
Radiohead - OK Computer
Royal Trux - Singles, Live, Unreleased
Swans - Swans Are Dead Tour
Today Is The Day - Temple Of The Morning Star
Bardo Pond - Lapsed
Autechre - Chiastic Slide
Amon Tobin - Bricolage

The majority of artists of the 1990s were inspired by the diverse and pervasive darkness of their world, a result, in part, due to the shadows cast by the previous generation. Alienated from their past and wary of the future, the artists of the late 1990s were interested in their fragmented societies and psyches.

I think that's what makes Well Oiled such a fascinating album. It represents this mood whilst synthesising the psychedelic music of the past into its frightening essence of meditation, metaphysical journeys and delirious escape.

>The majority of artists of the 1990s were inspired by the diverse and pervasive darkness of their world, a result, in part, due to the shadows cast by the previous generation. Alienated from their past and wary of the future, the artists of the late 1990s were interested in their fragmented societies and psyches.
And then there's OP's pick

i can just about stomach people thinking shania twain was any good if they aren't the same faggots who bitch about taylor swift

Found one.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Splash777/strm_a/shania/1

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Splash777/strm_a/taylor/1

holy shit i love you user

Love you too.

I've always seen this as part of a fingerprint, and the other one clearly isn't so I'm going with this one

bruh

Let me start this thread

All three of those women look like total cunts.

best song of the year at least

ALL MY PEOPLE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW
D'YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

Yet they made the AOTY 1997.

when I was really young my father brought a CD of her home. I've never heard of her before, since we live in Europe, but she quickly became my favourite music act. I heard that CD almost evey day for like 3 months and translated each word in the lyrics with a dictionary. The only person in junior school who knew her is still one of my closest friends.

gr8 year for electronickino

unrelated question but who do you guys prefer: taylor swift or shania twain

I love them both desu

Shania

Shania is pretty good

Taylor is dumpster music
you act like they make the same music or something

I'm between pic related, or u-ziq - Lunatic Harness also came that year and it's such an IDM bomb