Previously on /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
regex101.com/
regexone.com/
cheatography.com/davechild/cheat-sheets/regular-expressions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sonic Probe my ass

When the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies, don't you want a Doctor to Who? Don't you need a doctor to who.

The One After The Sun Makers Edition

Just read the wikia page for The Sun Makers which claims that contemporary viewers were impressed with the episode's production values, which goes against what one user said in the previous thread.

Also, someone in the last thread talked about how horrific the ending to the story was - Terrance Dicks toned it down in his novelization and added the rebels questioning whether they had gone too far or not

>tfw /who/ is a dying general

>I Don't Know What Story We're Up To Edition
But you literally just posted a link to the last thread. How did you grab the OP post number without seeing it was The Sun Makers?

Next would be Underworld.

>don't know what story we're up to

Did you try checking the dead thread, you know, the one you linked to?

Yeah I thought about that too but then I decided it was too much effort sorry folks

Chill m80s, it's not a big deal.

I never said it was a big deal, just pointing out that his excuse doesn't make much sense. I'd rather he make up some random edition instead

HAPPENING

Who gives a shit what story we're up to. It's not like we're actually doing a chronological watch through. It doesn't matter what the edition is so long as it contains "Dr." and "/who/" in the OP.

>It doesn't matter what the edition is so long as it contains "Dr."

Who are these people?

It doesn't even need that desu. /who/ is the only part that really matters.

Of course it doesn't need that. "dr." is the last thing it needs. The words "doctor who general /who/" are what it needs. As long as those are somewhere in there it's fine

gr8 b8

"Dr."or "Doctor", it doesn't matter which. Unless you're daft enough to search the catalogue for "doctor who general /who/" rather than just "/who".

Seriously. Don't be a twat.

Have you seen the show before?

Not so much the new series.

Okay. It's Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill and Michelle Gomez. They've played major roles on the show so I figured you were just b8ing.

Ah. It's not a very good photo. What's the occasion? Convention or something?

>actually complaining that somebody put some effort in the OP instead of just writing "Dr /who/ gen"

Why isn't Doctor Who's arch nemesis called Doctor Whom?

Idunno. Not the guy that posted.

I'm not complaining about it. I'm just saying you don't need to be pedantic about such things.

But some editions can encourage shitposting. At least story editions try to encourage discussion even if it doesn't always work.

searching for "doctor" is way better than searching for "/who/" but nobody will see the light

Because that would be grammatically incorrect.

There might be people looking for a Doctor Who thread that aren't /who/ regulars, that's why it's always better to write the full name of the show.

I always use boards.Sup Forums.org/tv/doc and if it doesn't work I type dr. And if that doesn't work then I regenerate into William Hartnell and save some episodes for us all!

Shitposting will happen regardless. It requires no encouaragement.
Why? What makes it better?

I just want one thread without a single shitpost.
No b8s no nothing. We can do it.

Meh. They'll find us eventually.

>Shitposting will happen regardless.
Good discussion, on the other hand, requires encouragement.

>Why? What makes it better?
Because you can just put it into the url and it'll search for you. Putting /who/ 404s

does that mean /who/ searchers all have to go to the catalog first?

It's never going to happen. Shitposting is part of the board's tone and culture.

you can tell that the picture must have been from some 90s-spin-off-novel. In the 60s they never would have dared to make a story where William Hartnell ends up in a gay bathhouse

Depends on your browser desu.

well, why wouldn't you go to the catalog first? Sometimes there are nice threads on Sup Forums

oh, who am I kidding

>so long as it contains "Dr."

You just know AIDS-user will come.

Culture can be changed.

Who's that?

I've not heard of that one desu senpai.
Not on Sup Forums.

I think it was one of Gareth's.

No, they're sorta right. Even Sup Forums changes. It takes a long, long time though. I've been around for a few years and I feel like it's a better place now. There are still terrible people here of course but if someone posts a bunch of racist stuff for example, there's a good chance they're going to be told to go back to Sup Forums. I feel like it wasn't always like that.

The "Hi melanon/fuck off cats/shut up mongo" shitposter. Have you never seen him? He's been polluting the threads for a good week, saying any of the three quote to random anons, killing discussion and the thread because he goes on and on when we tell him we're not melanon/cats and. God bless you if you've never witnessed it/fell victim to it.

No I know him. I've never heard him called the aids poster though.

Dr is perfectly valid

Oh it's my personal invention. He's akin to AIDS as he's attacking all member/organ of the thread and is never letting go.

Unless they force everyone to become a tripfag shitposting is always going to happen. Even then probably.
Fuck off. I stopped reading at melanon.

>Fuck off. I stopped reading at melanon.
Although I probably shouldn't have. My mistake. Sorry user.

What? I was just explaining to you he's the problem. I don't like the guy either, I filtered melanon, mong,...

Yeah, sorry. I just saw the words "hi melanon" and thought you were him. I'm a dozy cunt.

I can't seem to get the filters to work. I've been trying to filter cats for ages.

post GOAT audio covers, doesn't matter if story is shit, as long as the cover is good

I'll start

I love every single one of you. Except that one guy who doesn't have the same opinions as me. Fuck that guy.

No it's okay, I understand. He's really that toxic.

Go to Settings > Filters & Post Hiding and it's one of the options. You need to enter the tripcode I think and tick Hide and Auto to filter his posts.

Stone Darvill is more terrifying than a whole planet of weeping angels.

There haven't been any good Dr Who covers since the BBC Video/Target days desu senpai. No exceptions.
That's what I've been doing but to no avail. I'm on Firefox, I don't know if that makes a difference.

You were saying that the OP HAS to contain Dr. That's obvious bait. Fuck off.

Sorry, no idea, I'm using Chrome.

Stop shitposting and fuck off.
I'll see if filtering a word works any differently from filtering a trip.

>get called out on b8ing
>say "stop shitposting"

Agreed. It only has to contain /who/. Dr. Who has now been rendered invalid since Tennant. It's as if you kept saying Time And Relative Dimension In Space because Susan said it.

>is being an argumentative prick
>calls others shitposters
Seriously, fuck off.
I've got it now. What words do I need to add? I've already got m-user and m0ngo.

oh man, I remember how hyped up I was for the 7th Doctor story arcs back in the day. Too bad it kind of fizzled into stand-alone adventures with the novel adaptions and the Benny-box-sets.

i think you're 2cool4/who/, sorry. please go

That's basically it, I think. You could add any word you don't like seeing but they're the most toxic.

Not being any more argumentative than the original post complaining about the OP.

He's not being an argumentative prick. It's easier to find /who/ than Dr.Who. It's easier to search too.

desu I couldn't work out who was on the right.

I never made a post complaining about the OP. I agree about searching for "/who/"

>GOAT
>fan cover

Pick one

This is literally the worst post ever made to /who/.

I still want to figure out how to filter trips. Fuck knows why that isn't working for me.

>I never made a post complaining about the OP.
Well, that's what I was talking about. I'm sorry, but it's not my fault if you jumped in without knowing the context.

Probably not even the worst post in this thread desu senpai but it is pretty bad.

twas a joke, that cover is awful

I'm not the one that jumped in. Anyway, can we please move on now. This is getting boring.

Here's how I do it.
Firstly, install Appchan. Sup Forums-x should also work.
If you want to have complicated filters I recommend learning regex.

Use this to test regex filters:
regex101.com/
use this to learn regex:
regexone.com/
Use this as a regex guide:
cheatography.com/davechild/cheat-sheets/regular-expressions/

You don't need to install anything.
Settings, Filters, [Edit]
Type (paste) the tripcode you wish to filter.
Select tripcode in the dropdown, tick hide.
Alternatively, highlight the users tripcode, press [F]

>regex
When the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies

You don't really need to know any regex at all since appchan will feed it all in for you. But if you want to make filters manually you need to know that the i at the end of /TEXT HERE/i indicates that it's case insensitive and the / will just enclose any text you shove into the future.

Regex can be used to get rid of very persistent shitposters or be used to bump up generals that are just really fucking hard to bump up if people use different variations of the same word.

That's a wee bit too in depth for me. Thanks anyway.
I'm doing it like that but it's not working for tripcodes for some reason.

So... Underworld? All I can remember about it is the CSO desu.

I remember that it had a bit of Time Lord lore but nothing really of interest I think

The appchan method's also quite simple if you just stick to clicking the triangle thing on the post, filter/tripcode from the menu and then close the dialogue box.

Appchan comes with a lot of other bells and whistles like desktop notifications whenever people quote you, marking new IPs and 'resurrect quotes' (deleted posts will show up on mouseover because the extension asks archives if they have it.)

Anyway, if you have a screenshot of the tripcodes you're trying to filter with the default extension that might help in diagnosing the problem.

It's alright. I've managed to filter the most cancerous crap and desu cats isn't as bad as he was. Thanks anyway.

Didn't Girly Letters say they start filming tomorrow?

Yeah she was wrong though. I'm hanging at Capaldi's house right now and he said it doesn't start until next week. Btw Moffat is a great chef, just made some badass sausage rolls.

Does anyone know if all the McCoy DWM strips have been released as TPBs?