Why do we exist?

Why do we exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/read/inside-a-british-urban-outfitters-a-hypothesis-for-the-nature-of-reality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I honestly don't know. I really think the only point of life is to procreate to continue on the species... then die. That's really the only point to life.

Why are you asking me lel?

we're a coincidence.

What are your thoughts on it, user?

I took Philosophy in college (never got a degree in it, what the fuck would I use it for?) but the subject is very interesting to me, and I do a lot of philosophical thinking. After deep meditation multiple times I have concluded that we exist simply to exist

>if God exists then we are merely his experiment
>if God doesn't exist we are merely a mistake in nature
>Time does not need to exist
>even if time exists nothing else needs to
>we need everything to exist; space, stars, planets, water, air, plant life, non-sentient life
>if we didn't exist it wouldn't matter

I also conclude we just need to do what we think we need to do, seeing as the destruction of the universe wouldn't really mean much unless there is a God and if there is a God then we should be able to rely on him/her/it to build a new one or delete us all together

trips is hella interesting
(we should start a philosophy board)

There is no why, we exist on the coincidence of chemicals forming organic matter millions of years ago. We have no purpose except the ones we give ourselves. If life were to have any form of meaning it would be that anything is possible, even if it has basicly no chance of it being possible.

The sense of life isn't real. Hobbies are.
Life goes on because we want to wake up, eat, drink, fap, sleep, and it goes on and on.
Until life stops, either by natural or reasons or other forms of causes causing death (murder, suicide, toxics...). We follow our instinct.
Still, I love making music for example. But I remember that my instinct is behind all this.

bump bc i want to see points of view

I think whatever sort of "what's are true purpose" is just a result of us being highly intellectual and having a deeper thinking process then most mammals could ever process.

In reality I truly believe we are just a bunch of really comprehensive animals made to breed.

Life's whenever you make of it I guess.

more like a fact unfortunately

why not?

I agree, maybe we aren't the magic fairy dust we all deep down maybe thought we were.

supporting u mate

maybe we don't even exist.

Cause we is cuz. Cause we is.

we dont

motherboard.vice.com/read/inside-a-british-urban-outfitters-a-hypothesis-for-the-nature-of-reality

Wake up user, we all miss you.

>imback.jpg

We don't

I think that we are just a miracle, like they say a fish was brave enough to get out of the water, well if u believe in evolution, but i dont believe in God i think people made it up just to explain what they cannot, but our imagination is endless so people write books, make movies or video games cause we think of fantasy so i think everybody should make at least one great thing with their lives either in your family, community or country damn if you're lucky then everyone will remember you after youre gone

We exist for the same reason as everything else, eat fuck sleep die.
Just because were more intelligent than everything else doesnt mean that we have a different objective in life.

tl;dr
no reason

We exist to experiance. We can not not expiriance stuf. If there is a God, he was curious about what it would be like to be all of is so je made us to expiriance it. If there is no God we are simply an espect of the univers that is awere of the universe and wil adventualy grasp every aspect of the univers by collecting all posible knowledge. This can only happen treu experiances.

Important to remember that all of the ideas in this thread come from minds developed over millions of years of evolution. Expecting any of us to objectively find the answer is pointless.

There is no etety that can litterly be objective about anyting

Millions of years of inbreeding and imperfections have led up to the great masterminds behind the "Human Race"

human race is absolute garbage, Sup Forums is one of the proofs for it.

All these posts so far make me want to die

Fuck all of you ;(((((

no wrys

That's the question isn't it. The only options are that we are the product of a giant accident, and have truly achieved the ultimate throne on our world as a species, or that we were created by an all knowing all powerful entity, knowing our future present and past. Both are equally terrifying on their own right.

I prefer to think that there is a God, be it the Christian or the Jewish whatever, and at the end of life I'll be able to ask him that very question.

I suppose in the mean time it is to live each day as though it's your last, and to peruse your dreams as though they're the only way you'll make it Alive, because a life with failed dreams isn't a life worth living.