I'm absolutely obssesed with the late 90s style. It's this "trying to be cool" machismo that is just fantastic

I'm absolutely obssesed with the late 90s style. It's this "trying to be cool" machismo that is just fantastic.

I just changed a Bergman flick out for Cruel Intentions. What are some more films that cater to this style? It's perfect for after midnight drunk or stoned.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_H._Moritz
youtube.com/watch?v=JzbjYNUak4I
youtube.com/watch?v=jJo0MT3wDBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Im also interested.

You're on to something. American Pie fit this style?

Horror is also applicable.

I Know What You Did Last Summer
The Craft
The Faculty

None of these movies are masterpieces but the late 90s style films may be eventually adorned like the neo-80s are now.

I know exactly what you are talking about!

It's just as much hyper-sexualized as it is cool. Gen X was trying to let its new found voice be heard. If you are a 90s baby, which I'm sure you are, all of these relate to you.

Clueless?

Selma best grill

The House of Yes is similar to Cruel Intentions.

Mah nigga.

Swim fan is a classic.

1997 to 2001 was definitely an interesting era for film. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the aesthetics and mood of those movies and shows stand out.

Like that show on the WB, Popular. It was truly ahead of its time despite only lasting 2 seasons.

meh, rich spoiled white kids 90210 feat SEX

>your qt sister will never be obsessed and in love with you
>tfw she will never ride your dick on the living room couch
Why do we even live? ;_;

disturbing behavior

Can't Hardly Wait isn't exactly high brow cinema but it is late 90s incarnate. Definitely worth watching, at least for prime JLH.

deal with it minority

>tfw no super hot stepsister who constantly teases you and sometimes plays with your cock but never lets you finish
;_;

>mf after watching this as a teenager
>had trouble looking at sister afterwards

I don't know, user. I don't know.

American Beauty

When the fuck did Sup Forums turn into a bunch of teenage girls?

>implying we don't gender-identify as cunny

late 90s was the height of films about waspy rich teenagers

Literally not another teen movie.

The girl on girl kissing scene was pretty scandalous at the time, then every tv show started doing a "first gay kiss" or "first openly gay character" speel. Fast forward to today and our daughters are sharing bathrooms with grown men wearing womens clothes and hacked off dongs... Why didn't we see the sings?!?

SMG in the school girl uniform, HNNNGGGGG

>you can put it anywhere
What did she mean by this?

I prefer Reese in swimsuit. Spilt a fair bit of seed in honor of that scene back in the day.

dem soles

>hacked off dongs
Wishful thinking.

the sofa scene always gave me a hardon when i was little

from L to R
1. This guy. The typical hacker character with motorcycle raver goggles for no reason
2. This guy. The unhip nerd with the bad haircut that has popular friends for some reason
3. This bitch. The cocktease who never gives up the pussy until the right faggot comes along.
4. This bitch. I act much older than I look but I'm just an ill-conceived twat.
5. This fag. Girl problems, man, girl problems, man girl problems yo
6. This dude. Receeding hairline nice guy looks too old to be in a high school movie.

Fuck the 90's

Did anyone see Go? Could you describe it in one paragraph?

confirmed for never seeing the movie

Yus

Love it moar

One often forgotten piece of 90s

Prototype American Beauty

One of my favorite 90s films and highly underrated desu

I more or less agree with you that late 90s was a special period that deserves its place in history

But watching the faculty after watching any other three Body Snatcher movies was underwhelming.

Teens looking for a party over the span of one night like Dazed and Confused set in the 90s with less comedy and more kidnapping

Sorry I am a fan of brother sister incest story but when I saw that I don't think they look related

This is a way better movie than American Beauty

Fairuza Balk defined the 90s for me.

They were step brothers

I wouldn't list Ice Storm and American Beauty or Truman Show in this thread because they were not led by teenagers.

Primary colours > washed out blue and orange tints

Wild Things

Fear (You think its from the girls perspective but its actually the dads)

Murder by numbers (forgotten classic)

As there ever been a decade with a pastel palette? Maybe some 80's flicks...?

Primary Colors is a great Clintonian drama that will bring the 90's back in full force for you

And I wouldn't list Romeu and Michele either because by 1997 they were not in high school anymore

Fucking love Go. Nobody ever talks about it but it deserves a place up with Dazed and Confused.

Swingers

Add 10 things I hate about you to the list and you have great movies from '90's
>Larissa Oleynik... hmmmm

Devon Sawa biopic when?

Reese Witherspoon in Freeway (1996). She got BLACKED stylishly in it.

This is good but everyone forgot about it

i just wanted to watch a hot brother sister sex scene but this trash didn't fucking delivered instead turned into a shitty feely teen soap.

Scary Movie (the first one) was on t.v. last night and I got exactly what you're talking about from that movie.
It has some weird value for me now that it really didn't have when it first came out.

Clueless is a 90s film, not a late 90s film. Learn the fucking difference

Balk's character was the best thing out of that movie

Out of this whole thread even I think

>Chronicle-Akira-LiveAction-All-female

Doesn't Katie Holmes get raped in it?

what is Sup Forums's consensus on the faculty?

Take even Halloween as an example. The difference between Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers (1995) and Halloween H20 (1998) is like day and night. Late 1997-2001/2 truly was its own little thing that will never be replicated again

GOAT

Rules of Attraction

damn straight

it was.

Idle Hands
Final Destination
Evolution

only by blood!

?

I can't really tell if it was just the first movie like this or if it actually kickstarted the "genre" if you can even call it that, but Scream was definitely ahead of its time, being released in 1996, although very late (December) 1996

Romeo+Juliet was great
Good Burger
Hackers
it jumpstarted the late 90's teen slasher fad. the only thing more genre oncious than that movie is gary bussey

late 90's/early 00's were fucking shit

I saw all these movies at the cinema. I was late teens.

10/10 would stool on her chest

The good ol Adam Sandler on drugs days. RIP.

Urban Legends
Small Soliders

I was just about to hit my teenage years when all these were coming out. Rented most of these and watched them at scurry yay sleepovers with my m80s

Disturbing Behavior
Final Cut

That was some terrible typing. I'm still hungover, sorry lads.

Cherry Falls was another perfect example of a movie that just wouldn't have been released in any other era.

Dat Prime Kattie and her covered nipples

>The Craft
>The only girls movie I understood

Cherry Falls had a really weird father/daughter incest vibe throughout.

My parents were pretty cool. Even though we were underage at the time, they let me and my sisters watch horror movies with them....it was pretty much right in the middle of the 'Scream horror revival' so everyone in school was watching them.

Cherry Falls was the ONE movie I can remember my dad turning off...and it was because of the aforementioned incest. He said he didn't like where it was leading and didn't feel comfortable watching it with my sisters.

Come to think of it, I still don't think I've ever seen the whole movie. Always stuck with me though.

You should download it and bait to the thought of your dad and sisters. You know he was thinking about it. That alone should give you the ammunition.

>damn I'm so fucked up, I want to sleep with my
>S T E P
>T
>E
>P sister

Saw it a couple years ago. Cannot recall any implied incest.

Your dad just has a sick mind.

Ummm...if you search '"Cherry Falls" incest' on Google it comes back with many results including a four page IMDb thread where everyone is pretty much unanimous.

So next time check your facts before you talk shit about my dad you piece of cunt wanker.

Disturbing Behaviour.

Yeah, your dad created an IMDb thread and had other wierdo incest dad's back up his theory.
There is zero incest in this link.

What is that, Pleasantville?

mulholland drive and millennium mambo come immediately to mind

This has been my aesthetic for ~10 years now. You mongs are cute.

How pathetic lol!

Besides Cruel Intentions, the best late 90's teen flicks are
Scream 1 & 2
The Faculty
Final Destination 1
Idle Hands
Not Another Teen Movie

A flick that had a similar tone as Cruel Intentions was The Skulls, but it was pretty bad. From the same producer. He's also responsbible for Fast & Furious and XXX, basically the whole Vin Diesel persona, which has the "trying hard to be cool" machismo OP is talking about.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_H._Moritz

Those kind of teen movies and WB shows had really comfy lighting, for lack of a better word. They tried to create sensual and intimate atmospheres with dark, muted colors, a lot of slow-paced night time scenes. I think it has to do with grunge culture and aesthetics being in its last days. Then Columbine and 9-11 happened.

Now it feels like everything aimed at teens is only shot with bright daytime lighting and colors.

>ywn relive the late 90's

youtube.com/watch?v=JzbjYNUak4I

skull and bones, w the dude from dawson creek

lol!

You must be an Ausfag

>millenials will look back fondly on all the shitty movies released in the 2010s

Watched this in the theater back in the day It's actually pretty good

>late 90s teen movie
>im not sick but im not well starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=jJo0MT3wDBs

>I fucked your daughter
>I said would you like a glass of water

I remember watching this film in my early teens and thinking it was the greatest thing ever. Rewatched it recently and it's held up incredibly well.

>Based Sebastian
>SMG in her prime
>Laura Jean Poon gets btfo.

Those are not the fucking aesthetic he's going for you fuckhead.

"She's all that"